The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon, CyberX, Qpad Thread
Feb 9, 2017 at 1:15 PM Post #4,471 of 4,700
  Sorry a bit more questions all about the ISK HP 2011

i checked the FR graphs of takstar pro 80, ISK hp 2011 and i did find that the isk 2011 is better for monitoring than the pro 80.

I also found that the company's FR graphs for the pro 80 is similar to other sites measurements.

For the HP 2011 i couldnt find any reviews, apart from the FR in the box.

But i have to assume just as the takstar pro 80 was similar to third party reviews , the samewould be valid for the HP 2011.

Now on to the questions

1) Durability of the headphone . Buying from aliexpress and the package coming from China, if anything happens i will not be covered by any warranty. For the US there is a store but for the EU there is not is there?
If somebody knows anything more please comment on that. So it wouldnt be helpful to spend $40 just for having the headphone break within a year. I am just saying

2) How comfy are the pads? Do i need to buy another pair just as with the superlux due to the low leather quality?

3) Replacable pad. Are there any? i dont know about the size of the cups and what pads for other headphones would fit on them.

4) Can it be driven adequately by low power sources, such as smartphone, laptop ?

5) The cable is not removable so it cannot be replaced. What about the quality of the cable?

All of the above "checks-out" really well! Plus the wires are good and solid. ....no complaints from my end.
beyersmile.png

Feb 10, 2017 at 1:14 AM Post #4,473 of 4,700
  Just your personal preference: but for hi-fi listening would you take the HP2011 or the HD9999 and why?

That all depends.....for my own personal recorders at home, I like to record with the HP2011 -It is very precise and neutral for my everyday recordings. But, others may differ and may want "sizzling details from end to end" with their hi-end studio equipment.

But, no worries! I have both 'cause I love both!
beyersmile.png

Feb 17, 2017 at 3:27 AM Post #4,477 of 4,700
  Did anyone try to place the HM5 hybrid pads on the Takstar pro 80? 

The HM5 are a lot wider on the inside: 

So it won't go all the way in: 

Any idea on how to make it go in?

I've put three pairs of HM5 pads on my Gemini HSR-1000 (Takstar Pro 80) and it takes time and patience. It's definitely doable but it's a pain.

Feb 18, 2017 at 12:33 PM Post #4,481 of 4,700
  im waiting for the TAKSTAR TS-671, any idea if hm5 pads would fit?[size=15.6px]71[/size]

The velour and pleather HM5's (non-angled versions) measure 90mm X 110mm. They are oval, like the earcups/earpads of this headphone appear to be in pictures. The drivers of these 'phones are 53mm, so I'm guessing these earcups are a little larger than some of the other Takstars (such as HD80) that have talked about here.

Your first step is the measure the stock pads (once you get the headphones, obviously). Measure edge-to-edge, long dimension & short dimension. If the results you get are w/in 5-10mm in both dimensions, you should be OK.

Re which HM5 to get: try the headphones once you get them. If their basic tonal signature sounds OK (treble not especially elevated or depressed), then pick up a pair of non-angled HM5 velours (ie, matching the stock velour pads I see in the picture).

But if the headphones have elevated treble, and that's objectionable to you, then bypass the velours (known to elevate treble a bit) and go for the non-angled pleathers.

Feb 18, 2017 at 12:48 PM Post #4,482 of 4,700

The velour and pleather HM5's (non-angled versions) measure 90mm X 110mm. They are oval, like the earcups/earpads of this headphone appear to be in pictures. The drivers of these 'phones are 53mm, so I'm guessing these earcups are a little larger than some of the other Takstars (such as HD80) that have talked about here.

Your first step is the measure the stock pads (once you get the headphones, obviously). Measure edge-to-edge, long dimension & short dimension. If the results you get are w/in 5-10mm in both dimensions, you should be OK.

Re which HM5 to get: try the headphones once you get them. If their basic tonal signature sounds OK (treble not especially elevated or depressed), then pick up a pair of non-angled HM5 velours (ie, matching the stock velour pads I see in the picture).

But if the headphones have elevated treble, and that's objectionable to you, then bypass the velours (known to elevate treble a bit) and go for the non-angled pleathers.

thanks, i already have 4 pleather hm5 pads (2 unopened) when they were on sale for 16$ shipped. So ill rather try pleather than buying another pair in velour. ( i have dt770 80 for that)

Only thing is the 671 cans look big. I tried hm5 on takstar 80, with using a credit card to hold the lip in place at the top then stretching.

Regarding the pro 80, my pair rusted  on the driver covers whithout getting wet or used outside. also rust inside the driver under the plastic sheet that bounced around creating strange sounds. I must have gotten a monday assembled product since the cable inside was also split.

Feb 18, 2017 at 1:01 PM Post #4,483 of 4,700
  thanks, i already have 4 pleather hm5 pads (2 unopened) when they were on sale for 16$ shipped. So ill rather try pleather than buying another pair in velour. ( i have dt770 80 for that)

Only thing is the 671 cans look big. I tried hm5 on takstar 80, with using a credit card to hold the lip in place at the top then stretching.

Regarding the pro 80, my pair rusted  on the driver covers whithout getting wet or used outside. also rust inside the driver under the plastic sheet that bounced around creating strange sounds. I must have gotten a monday assembled product since the cable inside was also split.

Sounds like you have more than enough HM5s to make this work!

RE "671 cans look big," I've put these same HM5's on at least 4 pairs of headphones. Several looked bigger than others; all were round earcup bases & 50 mm drivers. One pair, the JVC HZ1000's, looked so big I doubted the HM5's would fit, but they did--no problem.

They actually stretch more than you can imagine--but you have to stretch them slowly, not sharply/abruptly. I did managed to tear the lip of one earpad putting it on my Yenona's, but it stays on quite nicely, and as long as I never take it off to re-use it, it'll be good.

Never thought of your credit card trick. Have to try that. Putting pads on is THE single biggest pain in the ass in this entire hobby.

Zach from ZMF Headphones has a video somewhere on youtube that shows his technique for putting earpads on (if you're not familiar w/ZMF, they make the Omni--now renamed "Ori"--top-to-bottom mods of Fostex HPs...so he does this many times a day). Anyway, the video shows him pulling the earpads "inside-out" by pulling the lip on back, all the way around so it cover the body of the ear cushions on the pad (it looks weird that way, too). Then  he placed this "inside-out" pad, back facing earcup, on the baseplate of the earcup. Then, holding 1 thumb in the center of the foam backing/against the driver, he pulls that lip onto the outer edge of each baseplate. When the lip is all the way around the baseplate (not in the groove--behind it), he lightly/gently pulls the whole earpad forward until the lip "seats" in the groove.

Hey, it looked awesome. I was so pumped ("I can do this!"). 1st time I tried it--disaster. Impossible. Ended up doing it my own stretch-the-earpads way. 2nd time I tried it--disaster.

I'd like to think someone out there can do what Zach did in that video--but I'm not that person!

Feb 18, 2017 at 5:06 PM Post #4,484 of 4,700
http://wccftech.com/review/reviewing-isk-hd-9999-studio-monitors-reference-quality-budget/

and other reviews coming up

ISK MDH9000

http://www.test-gear.pl/testy-i-recenzje/sluchawki/isk-mdh9000/

ISK HD9999

http://www.test-gear.pl/testy-i-recenzje/sluchawki/isk-hd9999/

ISK HF2010

http://www.test-gear.pl/testy-i-recenzje/sluchawki/isk-hf2010/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back