The Sennheiser HD580 Impressions Thread
Dec 29, 2014 at 7:02 AM Post #1,458 of 2,080
Of course it's not available new anymore. I meant used HD580s. But for a while HD 580 and HD 600 were together new on the market. I wonder how does sound of HD580s with white drivers compare to the old 580s (before changing the name plate look and drivers' screens) which I like so much. Anyone with white drivers? I need information about physical features of this version - name plate, and how are drivers' screen built exactly. Difference between the old and the new dark screens below (see original for details):

Feb 27, 2015 at 6:14 AM Post #1,461 of 2,080
Wow such a long thread...seems a shame to let it die....anyway I still use my mint condition 580s , but now I also use them with the great FiiO E11 k
Anyone know a good place and prucrice to buy a new orig pads.....not a copy.....and the 650 lead ?.... Thanks in advance....from the uk.

Feb 27, 2015 at 8:25 AM Post #1,462 of 2,080
Apr 26, 2015 at 4:39 PM Post #1,465 of 2,080
Love the sound and comfort of my 580s but the cheesy connector where the cables attach to the phones started shorthorn goon after I got these. Without abusive use.

You may need to replace the contact spring at the bottom of the driver as they were known to go bad. I had the same issue with mine and kept thinking I had bad cables, I replaced the 4 contact springs for less than a dollar and now it works perfectly without the sound cutting out when moving your head. 

Towards the bottom of this page it has the Sennheiser part number for the contact springs and a video on how to replace them. 

http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/very-important-sennheiser-hd-580-hd-600-and-hd-650-page-2

May 8, 2015 at 7:51 PM Post #1,467 of 2,080
Hello guys...i just received a used pair of these little boys. They came all covered in dirt and hair and bread crumbs.
So i disassembled them and cleaned everything with warm soapy water. and removed the dirt and hairs (the best i could) from the drivers. When i disassembled them i noticed something strange. The drivers have a black line in the white part (that little dome). IS that supposed to meant something? The drivers I've seen don't have this line.

May 9, 2015 at 8:37 AM Post #1,468 of 2,080
Does the driver appear to be cracked? Without a photo or something it is hard to say what it might be. I'd say put it all back together and see how it sounds. You can still get replacement parts for almost everything on there if you need to.

May 9, 2015 at 3:36 PM Post #1,469 of 2,080
Does the driver appear to be cracked? Without a photo or something it is hard to say what it might be. I'd say put it all back together and see how it sounds. You can still get replacement parts for almost everything on there if you need to.

No it does not. And they are pretty good and sound good. I assembled them without taking pictures but I'll try to take a picture. It's like someone draw a line with felt on them. Since I never saw that I was asking what was the reason.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back