The Sennheiser HD 800: The First Listen, The First Review
May 6, 2009 at 4:33 PM Post #4,846 of 5,928
this thread is ripe for an "Epic anti-climax"

No wonder Senn are delaying releasing them, they are obviously scared ****less what you bunch of looney audio addicts are going to think of them.

God forbid if they are anything less than biblical.

May 6, 2009 at 4:48 PM Post #4,848 of 5,928
sennheiser germany - Google Maps

529789343_4EMkh-L.jpg

It's actually a really cool place. Friggen headphone geek's heaven in there.

May 6, 2009 at 4:58 PM Post #4,849 of 5,928
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyll Hertsens /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Listen, everyone needs to realize the only thing invested here is the time it took to place an order ... and express their hopes and dreams in endless ramblings here.

(Did I just say that out loud?)

Considering the fact that we find ourselves in the midst OF A GLOBAL ECONOMIC MELTDOWN!!!, I think it would be wise for us all to chill out, and let one of the world's best headphone makers have the time get it right.

Yeah .... sure .... it sucks. But I'm sure Sennheiser has acted on the best information it had at the time as things went on.

I'm hearing next estimate is mid-late June. (I added the late.) But you can pick your own wall calendar to throw a dart at. All I know is what I heard and I can wait to get my ears on a pair so that I'm sure each and every one will sound as good or better than that.

So.....

Get your headphones on and go listen to some music.
Maybe send some good thoughts to the elves in Germany to help 'em out.

We have also to take under attention stains on the Sun...

May 6, 2009 at 6:26 PM Post #4,850 of 5,928
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyll Hertsens /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's actually a really cool place. Friggen headphone geek's heaven in there.

Neh.... You ain't seen my work place yet
wink.gif

No really - heard stories about that place.... Its like the playboy mansion of headphones
ph34r.gif

One thing is sure: there is only one thing keeping me off that place secret areas is time... one day my friends... one day... One day I'll be taking your wrath
frown.gif

May 6, 2009 at 8:13 PM Post #4,852 of 5,928
Quote:

Originally Posted by superpiper /img/forum/go_quote.gif
this thread is ripe for an "Epic anti-climax"

No wonder Senn are delaying releasing them, they are obviously scared ****less what you bunch of looney audio addicts are going to think of them.

God forbid if they are anything less than biblical.

Well hey, they said they have been developing these for SEVEN years. They shouldn't be any less than that.
L3000.gif
beerchug.gif

May 6, 2009 at 8:58 PM Post #4,853 of 5,928
Quote:

Originally Posted by Drumonron /img/forum/go_quote.gif
....what the....very nice large facility and hardly what I would envision as, what some here are suggesting, is a small Mom and Pop establishment???

Sennheiser don't just make headphones.

They are one of the world's best manufacturers of microphones and radiomicrophones, they make aviation headsets, infra-red systems, conference and translation systems, optical microphone, and lots more.

May 7, 2009 at 3:07 AM Post #4,854 of 5,928
Quote:

Originally Posted by John Willett /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sennheiser don't just make headphones.

They are one of the world's best manufacturers of microphones and radiomicrophones, they make aviation headsets, infra-red systems, conference and translation systems, optical microphone, and lots more.

Right, but headphones and microphones account for more than 2/3 of its turnover. The aviation and conference systems do not seem to be core businesses.

May 7, 2009 at 3:14 AM Post #4,855 of 5,928
May 7, 2009 at 5:20 AM Post #4,856 of 5,928
I betcha Dr. Evil would have a great scheme to break in

May 7, 2009 at 5:23 AM Post #4,857 of 5,928
or maybe even goldmember

May 7, 2009 at 5:59 AM Post #4,859 of 5,928
People who have great past experience comparing prototypes to final products of sennheiser, do you believe there will be a significant difference in sound quality between the version which is released to the public and the version which Jude so wonderfully reviewed........

I know other prototypes from other companies start off wonderfully and then the final product is "cut corner" shadow of the original product.

I'm worried about this, because I personally just want to have the best possible headphone at any reasonable cost. To spend $1400 and not get the best seems silly to me because they may as well charge $1600 and release the best........not saying I want to pay 1600, I just want to have the headphone without any compromises of quality....and I'm worried that the prototype will be different in someway from the one I will own. And by different I mean worse.

May 7, 2009 at 6:01 AM Post #4,860 of 5,928
People who have great past experience comparing prototypes to final products of sennheiser, do you believe there will be a significant difference in sound quality between the version which is released to the public and the version which Jude so wonderfully reviewed........

I know other prototypes from other companies start off wonderfully and then the final product is "cut corner" shadow of the original product.

I'm worried about this, because I personally just want to have the best possible headphone at any reasonable cost. To spend $1400 and not get the best seems silly to me because they may as well charge $1600 and release the best........not saying I want to pay 1600, I just want to have the headphone without any compromises of quality....and I'm worried that the prototype will be different in someway from the one I will own. And by different I mean worse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back