The PANASONIC RP-HTF600-S headphones. More fun than the HD650?
Apr 26, 2012 at 12:09 PM Post #2,386 of 2,849

Quote:
Oh, I haven't heard about this. I'd like to know more and I've searched head-fi for info without success. Can you give me a link?

I believe awhile ago, they had some problems with the 598, 558 series for cracking on top of the headband, but Sennheiser fixed this problem. If you purchased the headphone before the new change, all you needed to do was show your receipt and get a replacement.

I'm fairly sure this is correct, but someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Apr 26, 2012 at 8:12 PM Post #2,387 of 2,849
Don't mean to rain on your parade but I hear that many people have experienced a defect with the headband on the headphone. Don't know if they fixed it or not.

GL!

I think I found what you were talking about in the D1100 review thread. I examined my daughter's headphones and while I didn't find any cracks, I saw a few minuscule lines in the paint along the thin edge that could be the beginnings of a stress crack.

I'm not taking any chances - I called the store and am returning them as defective.

I ordered a pair of D2000's instead. :D

Thanks for the heads up!

Apr 28, 2012 at 5:54 AM Post #2,388 of 2,849
Heya,

I'm currently in the market for some headphones,

and looking at this thread it looks as though the HTF 600S is the way to go, but....
I can't help think that the JVC HARX900 would be better.

Does anyone have a comparison between the two.

Which has more bass, overall sound quality, and soundstage

I'm using it for gaming and also my music genres are dubstep , rock, and pop, or anything recent,

Very Best,

Apr 28, 2012 at 7:04 AM Post #2,389 of 2,849

Quote:
Heya,

I'm currently in the market for some headphones,

and looking at this thread it looks as though the HTF 600S is the way to go, but....
I can't help think that the JVC HARX900 would be better.

Does anyone have a comparison between the two.

Which has more bass, overall sound quality, and soundstage

I'm using it for gaming and also my music genres are dubstep , rock, and pop, or anything recent,

Very Best,

Huhmm, you type a lot like Malv...interesting. The htf is great. If it cost $100 I would have no issue with the sound quality. The real drawback is the pads. They are sweaty and cheap...hey they had to cut corners somewhere. But they can be replaced with velours. Great great great bang for the buck. I've bought 2x pair.

Apr 30, 2012 at 3:58 PM Post #2,398 of 2,849
I've found that these are easy to power but couple them with a high output current amp and you will be rewarded.

From my V200 they get better all around. The bass gain more control, the sound is a lot more cohesive, and the slight veil they have is a tad more diminished.

From the X-CANV8P the sound is not as good as from the V200, but still a nice improvement than from being unamped. The tubes can add a bit too much smoothness to the sound, as these are a bit like the HD650 in terms of the sonic signature. So if going with tubes, try some JAN Philips 6922 tubes as they are quite neutral.

From my ROC these sound the best. The amp is incredibly neutral and has a lot of power on tap. They loose that "haze" to their sound and are much more clear sounding. Bass is tight, focused, and prominent. Treble extension is all around better. Mids gain more clarity and are more revealing. 

When coupled with a nice amp these can sound like a $100 headphone IMO.

May 2, 2012 at 11:41 PM Post #2,399 of 2,849
Just got mine today and all i have to say is WOW!!!! There not even broken in and i think they sound awesome. I was suspicious and thought that they were overhyped but these definitely deserve all the hype. I am surprised with the bass too. They are almost on par with my v moda crossfades in the bass section. For 30 shipped..... this is by far the best value.
If they had a metal construction, they would have been perfect.

May 3, 2012 at 1:41 AM Post #2,400 of 2,849
Hey just received my pair!

They pretty darn good is what i can tell you, they surpass majority of the sennheiser range!

Well great bass, great soundstage too

Anyone know a great EQ for me?
Bass heavy?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back