The PANASONIC RP-HTF600-S headphones. More fun than the HD650?
Apr 12, 2012 at 5:17 PM Post #2,356 of 2,849

Quote:
after a couple of weeks , these are obviously better than the first time..

finally , i think its a very good headphone!!

The only problem i have now is that if i push the right cup the sound is stopped(or produces very very weak sound) ..i can solve this by pushing it again..(the push is not so strong  , just a little..) that time i hear  a little sound  like  something was back in this place..
What should i do now?Should i open it and take a look? Left cup is excellent and does not have this problem..

It's a very common issue with these headphones which has been brought up quite a few times in this long thread, the diaphragm (the membrane surrounding the driver) makes the driver get stuck in wrong position somehow (probably too big or loose) and you have to for example blow towards it to push it back into position. Like you said you'll hear a "click" when putting the headphones back on and then you know it got into the right position again. I accidentaly dropped my pair of HTF600 and since that, the problem started appearing but only on the left side and yea pushing gently on the cup may be enough for it to happen, seems like the "suction"-effect is quite strong with these default pads as it doesn't seem to let any air through (it also gets very warm easily) so as you push onto the cup, the driver gets "sucked" into wrong position.

Apr 13, 2012 at 8:17 AM Post #2,358 of 2,849
  Interesting to know that im not the only one...So we cant do anything right?
   a query that comes to my mind though , is if we get "corrupted" sound  , i mean that i have a suspision that highs and mainly mids are not as "cool" as the left cup..its a little bit more muddy.. and its not that loud as the left one..  
   But my thoughs could be just a placebo effect.
   What do you think?

ps . sorry but english is not my primary language..

Quote:

It's a very common issue with these headphones which has been brought up quite a few times in this long thread, the diaphragm (the membrane surrounding the driver) makes the driver get stuck in wrong position somehow (probably too big or loose) and you have to for example blow towards it to push it back into position. Like you said you'll hear a "click" when putting the headphones back on and then you know it got into the right position again. I accidentaly dropped my pair of HTF600 and since that, the problem started appearing but only on the left side and yea pushing gently on the cup may be enough for it to happen, seems like the "suction"-effect is quite strong with these default pads as it doesn't seem to let any air through (it also gets very warm easily) so as you push onto the cup, the driver gets "sucked" into wrong position.

Apr 13, 2012 at 11:59 AM Post #2,360 of 2,849

Quote:
Is this the same as the HTF-600?

http://goldenears.net/board/1979720

Great find! Yea 560 should be the same, at least according to the few people which have tested it. I also found graph at the 2nd frequency response graph further down on the page interesting. Technics RP-F600, seems to be the same headphone as well, didn't know of that haha. Seems to mostly be sold in Russia. Maybe cuz of RP-F600 Panasonic is forced to use 560 numbering or something or wait, isn't Technics a sub-label of Panasonic or something even, very interesting.

Apr 13, 2012 at 12:52 PM Post #2,361 of 2,849

Quote:

Great find! Yea 560 should be the same, at least according to the few people which have tested it. I also found graph at the 2nd frequency response graph further down on the page interesting. Technics RP-F600, seems to be the same headphone as well, didn't know of that haha. Seems to mostly be sold in Russia. Maybe cuz of RP-F600 Panasonic is forced to use 560 numbering or something or wait, isn't Technics a sub-label of Panasonic or something even, very interesting.

Yes.

Apr 13, 2012 at 3:15 PM Post #2,362 of 2,849
That technics rp-dh1200 retails over 200.  Panasonic discontinued the Technics brand last year.  The greatest turntables ever made the SL1200. 
So Pan makes a 360, 560 and a 600S of that model.  So they have the same driver?
beerchug.gif
 Good to know.

Apr 13, 2012 at 3:31 PM Post #2,363 of 2,849

Quote:
That technics rp-dh1200 retails over 200.  Panasonic discontinued the Technics brand last year.  The greatest turntables ever made the SL1200. 
So Pan makes a 360, 560 and a 600S of that model.  So they have the same driver?
beerchug.gif
 Good to know.

I tried out that HT360 the 40mm version.. Those kinda suck. Nothing special. I would go for the HTF600 or the older HTF560 every time.

Apr 13, 2012 at 3:53 PM Post #2,364 of 2,849
These seemed like some really comfortable headphones, yet they broke within 24 hours. The sound just died. This was all at a stationarily workstation with the computer volume set at 20%. That's unacceptable!!! Terrible quality control. Yes, I tried blowing into them, but that didn't help. What's worse, the ear-pads, while comfy, started coming off and would swivel in place.

Oh, and these don't seem to be made anymore. Super. At least Amazon will give me a refund.

I'm looking into the Monoprice 8323 [size=x-small]to replace these. Are they any good for bass and midrange?[/size]

Apr 13, 2012 at 4:00 PM Post #2,365 of 2,849

Quote:
These seemed like some really comfortable headphones, yet they broke within 24 hours. The sound just died. This was all at a stationarily workstation with the computer volume set at 20%. That's unacceptable!!! Terrible quality control. Yes, I tried blowing into them, but that didn't help. What's worse, the ear-pads, while comfy, started coming off and would swivel in place.

Oh, and these don't seem to be made anymore. Super. At least Amazon will give me a refund.

I'm looking into the Monoprice 8323 [size=x-small]to replace these. Are they any good for bass and midrange?[/size]

Those are great for the price and they are built much more solidly than the HTF600s. Give them a go.

Apr 22, 2012 at 10:49 PM Post #2,370 of 2,849
These just arrived today and as soon as I pressed play I knew I was in for something extremely special.
They are freaking AMAZING, the sound just flows out of them smoothly, nothing overpowers another, just great balance.
I can't believe they are only ~$30, as they are an absolute STEAL. I would gladly pay $200+ for these (lets hope Panasonic won't raise the prices :p) and I might find myself reaching for these more over my RS1s because they have something Grados lack: soundstage and bass.

They are IMO the best value headphones, bar none.
I've always leaned towards Panasonic products and these continue the trend of high quality at an exceptional price they are known for.

Buy them, you will not regret it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back