The PANASONIC RP-HTF600-S headphones. More fun than the HD650?
Mar 31, 2012 at 2:09 PM Post #2,281 of 2,849
SO I just got my Panasonic HTF6000 and WOW!!. I LOVE THEM I will never doubt Dsnuts ever again. First with the monoprice then the cmk-50 and now these wow! The Bass is nice is the soundstage is nice on these as well.  I am hearing things I have never heard before playing my games and Listening to my music. Thank you very much Dsnuts I look forward for your future budget finds!

Mar 31, 2012 at 4:03 PM Post #2,283 of 2,849
I have the HDJ500 which is very similar to the HDJ1000 in sound so I can tell you these will have fuller mids over the Pioneer sound. The pioneers will be extended better on both ends but these do a great job with a very musical sound that is actually very easy and pleasant to listen to. Not lacking in any region enough to nit pick. A blast for trance, EDM hiphop but does everything very well and these would be the better headphones for movies and games.

These are warmer sounding over the Pioneers so if your used to bright sound signatures these are great in a different flavor. The bass won't be as punchy as the pioneers but for what is there is very nice quality and enough power to be satisfied for bass lovers that want more than just a bassy sound.. Staging is good and overall sound is a blast.. For almost nothing these will surprise a lot of people. 

Apr 4, 2012 at 2:57 PM Post #2,285 of 2,849

You want to test the bass on these cans, use this video.  This is what I test with. Get those cans humming.  Of course it is better with the original recording like i use.  But you see how they handle low riding bass and even sounds ok coming from Youtube. 

Apr 4, 2012 at 4:01 PM Post #2,287 of 2,849
All that bass. My ears!!!
basshead.gif

Slightly off topic, who said the HD 598 has weak bass must be insane, on these two songs it has almost as much as HTF600 and is more refined.
wink.gif

Apr 4, 2012 at 8:44 PM Post #2,288 of 2,849

Quote:
All that bass. My ears!!!
basshead.gif

Slightly off topic, who said the HD 598 has weak bass must be insane, on these two songs it has almost as much as HTF600 and is more refined.
wink.gif

If the bass is anything like the HD 558's then yes the bass on the senns is pathetic. lol

Apr 4, 2012 at 10:17 PM Post #2,290 of 2,849
I just ordered them from amazon on Monday so I just went to check. They no longer show up. I suppose the all the affiliates are out of stock. I am now taking offers on my NIB pair :)

Apr 4, 2012 at 11:03 PM Post #2,291 of 2,849
I'm so glad I got these before they sold out. $33 (including shipping) for a pair of headphones like this is phenomenal. I'm coming from a pair of XD200s, so the highs seem kinda.. exaggerated, but the headphones have only 2 hours or less of burn-in time too.

On that note, artifacts from my MP3s appear to be a lot more noticeable. Gotta switch everything to FLAC or 320 kbit soon. :p

The bass has some serious kick too. It literally sounds like there's a subwoofer on my head. If you crank up the EQ slightly, these headphones WILL rumble below 15 Hz. I'm not kidding.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back