The PANASONIC RP-HTF600-S headphones. More fun than the HD650?
Jan 20, 2012 at 6:14 PM Post #1,861 of 2,849
i was wondering the foil kinda thing in my driver is pretty loose so if i jam the pads together them pop up i have to blow into them also i noticed that the right ear is slightly louder than the left ear andi is VERY annoying

as much as i love these headphones they have been getting on my nerves

has someone got any idea how i could balance the sound ( not from the input) can i mod them to get a balanced volume level?

Jan 20, 2012 at 11:35 PM Post #1,865 of 2,849

Quote:
Thanks, burning them in now but I'm a bit skeptical that burn in will magically 'add' bass :wink:

edit: How long should I burn it in for? 

Mine started to shine around the 60 - 70 hour mark if memory serves me.

If you read the entire thread sopmewhere around the middle or back a bit I babble on....and on about cooking these cans.

They must be cooked before they start shining.

Jan 20, 2012 at 11:44 PM Post #1,866 of 2,849

Quote:
So I picked up a pair of htf600's to see what all the fuss was about and I think in term of sound quality they're worth no more than 30 bucks.  Comparing these to a pair of KCS75 ($15), I found the Koss to be much more balanced and the best part was that it did the mid right.  The mid from the hf600 has a tin-can like signature.  It made vocal sound thin and edgy giving me headache :frowning2:.  I was surprised that no one made a big deal about this issue.  Sorry to bust anyone's bubble but the KCS75 represents a much better deal.  I don't care how much bass the the htf600 put out but I just cannot bear the the tin-can like mid.  May be I need to spend more for different bassy headphones like dt990 pro, 700 MKii or HIFI580. 

You gotta burn 'em in for a couple 30 to 60 hours before you can make any judgement on these cans....trust us when we tell you they need burn in.

Some people around here just don't listen.....
deadhorse.gif

Jan 21, 2012 at 9:13 AM Post #1,868 of 2,849
Well I'm absolutely loving the sound of these headphones :)

I'm looking at giving these to my brother and about to pull the trigger on a set of D2k's

Anyone has experience with both cans, curious as to how the HTF600 compare to the D2k - especially in mid and bass region

Let me know 

Jan 21, 2012 at 12:48 PM Post #1,869 of 2,849
I hear J n R has the D2000 for around $230ish which is a crazy price for a new one. Think the D2000 as a serious upgrade to the HTF600. I have to admit I actually enjoy the forward mids of the HTF600 but there is a reason why the D2000 is one of the most popular cans here at headfi.

Go for it you will love them..Lovely cans in every way..

Jan 21, 2012 at 1:16 PM Post #1,870 of 2,849

Quote:
I hear J n R has the D2000 for around $230ish which is a crazy price for a new one. Think the D2000 as a serious upgrade to the HTF600. I have to admit I actually enjoy the forward mids of the HTF600 but there is a reason why the D2000 is one of the most popular cans here at headfi.

Go for it you will love them..Lovely cans in every way..

Can some1 who has heard both these Panasonic HTF600 and Denon D2000 try compare it a little, I think for me the D2000 the mids wouldn't be forward enough sounding and overall not as exciting & musical sound and probably lack slightly in bass impact/punch/tactile feedback for my taste. D5000 would probably be more up my alley though. 

It's unfair how cheap D2000 is in US compared to europe though, I doubt you can find them for much less than 250 EUR or so around here.

Jan 21, 2012 at 1:39 PM Post #1,871 of 2,849
I still didn't get them.
mad.gif
The only store in my country that had them is out of stock and not getting them any time soon.
angry_face.gif
I'll prob gonna have 2 get them from germany.

Jan 21, 2012 at 9:01 PM Post #1,872 of 2,849
I found another option for velor pads. My Astro 2011 A40 pads fit on the Panasonic. It opened the mids on the headphone right up cause I believe it places your ear closer to the driver and are more comfortable. If you have bigger ears or have removed the foam I wouldn't suggest it because they don't have the depth of more expensive cloth pads. Side affect is it will throw any isolation what so ever out the window.
If my brother decides to give them back to me those pads are going on them right away. Though I have some HD598's on the way and plan on having a friend make me some memory foam pads for my 668B's plus I have some Monoprice 8323's the way too. So the Panny's would not be used for a bit. heh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back