The PANASONIC RP-HTF600-S headphones. More fun than the HD650?
Jan 17, 2012 at 6:45 AM Post #1,847 of 2,849

Quote:
How do the Beyerdynamic Velour Pads effect the sound signature? Specifically the bass?

No noteworthy differences but if anything slightly lower, that's what cloth pads usually do compared to pleather/leather (well unless there's fitting issues with stock pleather pads for example as the fit is always more important than material itself) especially since the Beyer pads have holes on the underneath with stuffing inside pads popping out which tends to increase highs a little = less bass but yea the difference is probably not big.

Jan 17, 2012 at 10:02 AM Post #1,848 of 2,849

Quote:
How do the Beyerdynamic Velour Pads effect the sound signature? Specifically the bass?

I noticed that with the Beyerdynamic pads that the soundstage and bass were lessened ever so slightly.  The highs and mids were also increased a bit with the pads and driver foam cover removed.

Jan 17, 2012 at 10:40 AM Post #1,850 of 2,849

Quote:
So finally got my HTF600 delivered to me 

First impression, these are less bassy than I thought they would be 

Burn them in, they will get bassier after burn-in. I was also underhelmed by bass response at first. Compared to M-Audio Q40 they are about equally bassy probably only something like 1dB difference in favor for Q40. I do think the HTF600 have a peak in the bass boost up to 10dB or so (around the midbass frequencies and at least +5dB boost at say 30~50Hz) even which is a lot but it doesn't truly show until it's been burnt in.

Jan 17, 2012 at 7:48 PM Post #1,851 of 2,849

Quote:
Burn them in, they will get bassier after burn-in. I was also underhelmed by bass response at first. Compared to M-Audio Q40 they are about equally bassy probably only something like 1dB difference in favor for Q40. I do think the HTF600 have a peak in the bass boost up to 10dB or so (around the midbass frequencies and at least +5dB boost at say 30~50Hz) even which is a lot but it doesn't truly show until it's been burnt in.

Thanks, burning them in now but I'm a bit skeptical that burn in will magically 'add' bass :wink:

edit: How long should I burn it in for? 

Jan 17, 2012 at 7:49 PM Post #1,852 of 2,849
When I burned in my Pannys, the bass didn't become any more prominent.  In fact, I think it got less prominent, but it was more refined.

Quote:
Thanks, burning them in now but I'm a bit skeptical that burn in will magically 'add' bass :wink:

Jan 17, 2012 at 8:00 PM Post #1,853 of 2,849

Quote:
When I burned in my Pannys, the bass didn't become any more prominent.  In fact, I think it got less prominent, but it was more refined.

Thanks for your reply

I'll post back impressions after burn in

So far after ~2 hours of listening, these headphones sound excellent so far, can't believe they sound this good for the price

Just a little underwhelmed with the bass, was expecting more from all the reviews and impressions.. Hopefully that will sort out and improve with burn in

Jan 17, 2012 at 8:45 PM Post #1,860 of 2,849

Quote:
I did the same thing. I can't believe they still sound the same. Must be tough.

Yeah I was also pushing it together to soften the pads a bit :p

Scared me when I put them back on my head and the sound was really quiet

I then 'pushed them together again' and then sound was working on the left but quiet on the right

Then I blew into both drivers and it 'popped' back into place and is working fine

Its wierd this problem is only with this headphone, my other headphones are fine

The bracket holding the driver in must be flimsy or its something to do with air suction (when pads are pushed together)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back