The PANASONIC RP-HTF600-S headphones. More fun than the HD650?
Oct 18, 2011 at 10:44 PM Post #676 of 2,849
I have the sony 7506 and xb700, so I'm hoping these will be right in the middle. Sometimes I want to have great bass while sitting in the coffee shop chilling out, and while the 7506 is great, it doesn't deliver the lows as well as the xb700 but I don't take those out
redface.gif
, they are sooooo huge and I didn't enjoy the looks I got last time
biggrin.gif

Oct 18, 2011 at 10:45 PM Post #677 of 2,849

Quote:
I swore after getting my Sennheiser HD 600's that I never needed to buy another headphone. Someone over at AVS mentioned these Panny's and after reading the thread, I'm intrigued. I ordered a pair of the Panny's yesterday (Amazon Prime). For $30, why not? If I hate them, I'll give them to my daughter who has been wanting a full-size can to complement her PortaPros.

So MalVeaux, have you modded yours yet? Too busy playing Baldur's Gate?

It is easy to pawn off the person phone to the kids. Cuz they gonna stink.. I mean a $30. Pssst please. No way..Expecting porta pro sound? This is going to be a good.. palmfish on board.!! Maybe to his kids. hahaha..

Quote:
Why are you not here now, Wednesday???!1  (Un?)fortunately, I've also got a pair of HE-300s coming in tomorrow.  The battle will not be pretty, methinks.

HE-300.. Nice...I am thinking completely different sound altogether so maybe not as bad as you might think. The HTF600s will add nicely to what you have. Don't reject the cheapo phone guys. Accept them. Love them. Cherish them.. It is the little phone that can.

Oct 18, 2011 at 10:48 PM Post #678 of 2,849

Quote:
I have the sony 7506 and xb700, so I'm hoping these will be right in the middle. Sometimes I want to have great bass while sitting in the coffee shop chilling out, and while the 7506 is great, it doesn't deliver the lows as well as the xb700 but I don't take those out
redface.gif
, they are sooooo huge and I didn't enjoy the looks I got last time
biggrin.gif

Oh yea I think the HTF600 especially with velour pads in public look very nice actually..This is one phone that actually look nicer more expensive than the pictures would indicate..

Oct 18, 2011 at 11:07 PM Post #679 of 2,849
Well, I jumped on the bandwagon and pulled the trigger on an HTF600 for my first set of headphones. Backordered of course, so waiting.  The HTF890 caught my eye as well and was considering picking up a set of those instead if I have to wait for the HTF600 for too long.

Dsnuts, since you have both, are the 890's worth the extra coin over the 600s? Also, how do you compare noise leakage on both of them?

Thanks.

Oct 19, 2011 at 12:08 AM Post #680 of 2,849
Well, I ordered a pair off of amazon.
I've still got my M50s, but I told my parents I'd heard good stuff about the Panasonic RP HTF600s, and am considering selling my M50s.
Now, I'm not sure, since I've been wanting a backup headphone just in case something happens to my M50s.
Can't let a single day pass without listening to something through these...
Not to mention the other pair I have has a broken headband, has piercing treble, and hardly fits on my head (and besides -that-, I have stock earbuds, so I lose both ways).

Oct 19, 2011 at 12:46 AM Post #681 of 2,849

Quote:
I've still got my M50s, but I told my parents I'd heard good stuff about the Panasonic RP HTF600s, and am considering selling my M50s.
Now, I'm not sure, since I've been wanting a backup headphone just in case something happens to my M50s.
Not to mention the other pair I have has a broken headband, has piercing treble, and hardly fits on my head (and besides -that-, I have stock earbuds, so I lose both ways).

Congratulations. I have a pair coming too.  Dsnuts should be a headphone salesman.
For $30, you could probably sell your M50s and buy another pair for a backup.
I'm glad you didn't take the lame advice on the other thread to sneak behind your mom's back to buy them.  

Oct 19, 2011 at 12:48 AM Post #682 of 2,849

Quote:
Well, I jumped on the bandwagon and pulled the trigger on an HTF600 for my first set of headphones. Backordered of course, so waiting.  The HTF890 caught my eye as well and was considering picking up a set of those instead if I have to wait for the HTF600 for too long.

Dsnuts, since you have both, are the 890's worth the extra coin over the 600s? Also, how do you compare noise leakage on both of them?

Thanks.

Well both are completely different..I would definitely get a HTF600..There is a reason why this thread is for these and not the HTF890..I was asked to maybe start another thread for the HTF890 and I might if enough people show interest in them but. I will be honest with you guys.. Panasonic got something special going on with these HTF600s..I am not necessarily saying the HTF890 are bad.. Quite the opposite. I think they deserve just as much attention.. However. Here is the difference.

The HTF890s are open phones much like the AT AD700.. For the guys that prefer lighter music..Folk, instrumental, classical for exe. These are worth a try. Big wide stage and these are the very definition of neutral and balance. So if this is the type of signature you prefer for your music. By all means get one and try it out. They aren't going to set you back much and if you get them on Amazon you can return them if you don't like them.. I also find that gaming and movies on these are actually better than the AD700s .. The Bass dynamics are better in these.

The reason why I chose the HTF600 to show this community is. These are special.. These will appeal to everyone..The descriptions on how these sound and what the community calls prat is on a level on these that are very hard to achieve. These are what the Dre beats should sound like. These are what the M50 should be..These have that missing highs and mids the XB series are missing without eQ.  These are musical cans that simply don't exist on a $30 headphone.. All this while having a uniqueness about them. They don't quite sound like other me too phones.. They have their own rawness about them that sets these cans apart from Cans that cost so much more..Our Bass head friends will find these much to their liking as much as the Metal head, vocal and jazz enthusiast.

Get the HTF600 first and you can always try a HTF890 later for something different.. Oh and noise leakage. Well both leak. quite a bit. The 890s are open with velours so they will leak the shocking thing is so does the HTF600s almost at the same level so. If isolation is a key requirement.. I will apologize as they both leak. I know there have been a few guys what were pissed because this wasn't mentioned..

Quote:

Well there is a reason why the M50s are so popular. The mainstay of the audiophile community and a very highly ranked can. Are these better than them.?.It is just a matter of opinion and preference but what these will do is provide a nice addition to your favorite.. I do have a feeling however that you might end up liking these a bit more than your M50s. For $30 everyone should have one. 

PCHU on board.!  Damn guys..That is like 6 to 7 deadfiers a day and growing.  You guys are keeping me busy. Lol!! Enjoy your new cans.. You are gonna love the bass on these.

Oct 19, 2011 at 1:03 AM Post #683 of 2,849

Quote:

Congratulations. I have a pair coming too.  Dsnuts should be a headphone salesman.
For $30, you could probably sell your M50s and buy another pair for a backup.
I'm glad you didn't take the lame advice on the other thread to sneak behind your mom's back to buy them.  

I am just telling it like it is..Someone had to do it.. Believe me when the drivers on my pair of HTF600s opened up and I started to hear the full on dynamic bass. The command in the bass..I started to realize that I had to try n bring attention to these. There is no way I was gonna keep something like these to myself..Discovery is what our hobby is all about no? .

Sailorman on board! .I am starting to loose count.. lol!! This is insane.. Ya'll welcome aboard the HTF600 train!!

Oct 19, 2011 at 2:19 AM Post #684 of 2,849
Mine will also come in 2 days, I can't wait!!!

Oct 19, 2011 at 3:18 AM Post #685 of 2,849
I'm loving these headphones. I'd post more about them but I'm still learning about everything they can offer. They really do change with burn-in, and I'm not a burn-in kind of guy. Most of my phones never changed.

Oct 19, 2011 at 8:36 AM Post #686 of 2,849
No worries, I'm a big boy.   My fault I haven't read between lines.... LOL.
Amazon.com said If I refuse the package they will refund my money, so there is no problem.   I'm still very interested in these HTF600
wink_face.gif
.... I want more BASS 
L3000.gif
 when gaming BFBC2 or listening to some techno/rap/metal at home....  From what I understand HTF890 would be another option...   Would you trade AD700 for HTF890?   Which one HTF600 or HTF890 would be better for 80% gaming and 20% music (techno/dance)?
Signed:  One confused Dude...
confused_face_2.gif

Quote:
Sorry to hear these aren't gonna work out for you. I feel bad for insisting you get them. It is that I have both the HARX700 and the HTF600.. The sound quality difference for the same money payed is a big difference..So these absolutely must be closed? I suppose your only real choice for closed can that is an all arounder would be the JVC HARX700s, unless you want to spend a bit more..To be fair they are good cans for the cash..Just not at the level of the HTF600s..But for your needs they will do just fine. The HARX700s game really well also..

Didn't you say you got 2 of the HTF600s? Can't you get a HARX700 for work and the HTF600 for your home? If you end up selling your AD700 that would probably pay for both actually.

Oct 19, 2011 at 8:49 AM Post #687 of 2,849
The HTF-600s arrived at 10 a.m.

4 hours of burn in, 20 to go before any critical listening is done. So far I like a lot the sound signature of these cans, but I am not so sure that I will cope with its apparent lack of detail. Hopefully more of the latter will appear as the drivers loosen up.

Oct 19, 2011 at 9:13 AM Post #688 of 2,849

Quote:
Mine really started to open up nice at the 50 hour mark once I started to listen to them.

Now they sound better the more I use them.

The HTF600 are better than the HARX700.....I won't say I don't like the HARX700....but the Panasonics are  better.

If you put Dynamat in the cups of your HARX700 I would remove it as it kills all the life those cans have....just remove the felt maybe add a touch of stuffing and be done with it.

Thank you for the tip, If I got with RX700 I will remove felt only....

Quote:

Well... I still use mine at work!!! LOL
Screw them!! :wink:
But I usually put them on with a certain type of music (such as dubstep, electronica, etc.) and usually
after 4:30pm (when the office starts clearing out)

I love them though.
Comparing this:

http://www.archive.org/details/Zomboy-NeverSayDieVol.13

with both the Shures 940s and the Panasonics... completely different experience.

I also have the Audio Technicas and seriously, these blows them out of the water... but again, the semi-open
design a leakage killed it for me. But again... I'll keep using them. :wink: 

ahhaha... Good for you.... is the leakage that bad?  LOL...

Quote:
Get the HTF600 first and you can always try a HTF890 later for something different.. Oh and noise leakage. Well both leak. quite a bit. The 890s are open with velours so they will leak the shocking thing is so does the HTF600s almost at the same level so. If isolation is a key requirement.. I will apologize as they both leak. I know there have been a few guys what were pissed because this wasn't mentioned..

I hope you are not talking about me, because I'm not mad at all.. .I still might keep one pair for home :)  I'm very couruos about your upcoming JVC HAM750's, I think they could make a nice work cans. 

Oct 19, 2011 at 9:16 AM Post #689 of 2,849
I have the HTF-890 and rate them as a very good all rounder. IMO they are in their element for both gaming and movies. They possibly don't have the same bass capability as the HTF600 as they are a true open design. However, I listen to mostly dance, trance and indie through them and they sound well balanced and deliver really good bass when present. I don't think you will get another headphone that can do everything as well (and so comfy) for anywhere near the price of these.

Oct 19, 2011 at 9:33 AM Post #690 of 2,849

Quote:
You guys thought about getting some IEMs?  I know there are 2 parties here at headfi. The IEM group and the HP group. I know most if not all you guys are into HPs but if I was working in a cubicle I would be all over an IEM.  I know IEMs aren't for everyone but to me it is so simple. You guys would be surprised how good Iems are how great they block outside noise. It is just you and your music. I have a 30 minute commute and I use one of my Iems and they are awesome. I can even recommend one that is the bassier equivalent to the HTF600s that cost $20.  I suppose in ear stuff is ok for some and not for others.. Well AMD7674 if you need an isolating phone for work. I just ordered a JVC HAM750.  I will let you know how they are once I get them. Maybe something for your work environment without bothering anyone.

Since I use both. I will tell you non IEM users. You guys are missing out on some mind blowing sound that comes form little in ears..It is my opinion but the idea that a Headphone is better and gives better acoustics is actually not correct..I know many of you guys have your reasons.. They bother me or I just can't stand something in my ear.. I heard the excuses..I suppose there is something about having speakers on your head that has a coolness about it but in the end if you truly want isolation. Nothing beats an IEM. IMO.

I do have some cheaper Sony IEMs... they are not the best ever of course but I just don't like
how IEMs feel in my ears!! lol. I don't doubt that they will be able to reproduce music
greatly, it's just that I have never gotten used to them (and probably never will :wink:).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back