The PANASONIC RP-HTF600-S headphones. More fun than the HD650?
Oct 14, 2011 at 12:24 PM Post #466 of 2,849

Quote:
Love them out of the box, despite what people here say, can't imagine once broken in + Velour pads + CMoy
L3000.gif

What I'm hearing here is a Grado WITH BASS which = Perfection! I have yet to try the HD-25 though....

Wait, you're saying these have the Grado sound? I haven't tried any Grados but know they are known for a very forward midrange (well highs too ofc). So you think the midrange really can compete with Grado's in forwardness (ie. how loud/boosted/up-front that range is)? I didn't even think the midrange was forward enough for my taste so I did the mod I've been describing here lately and it got it more forward so lol. I've always imagined I'd like the Grado's midrange but never tried them because of the lack of subbass response. Oh well this Panasonic has the sound signature I'm looking for, especially after the simple mod, having a very forward midrange is among the most important things to me even if I still love a strong bass presence, I hate headphones with a V-shaped sound signature which many do have, I'd rather take an upside-down V-shaped frequency response!

Oct 14, 2011 at 12:42 PM Post #467 of 2,849

Quote:
Dsnuts> Have you ever concidered becoming a marketing guy for Panasonic? You just need to refer them to this thread and they will hire you instantly. 
tongue.gif

Well. I have a feeling someone at Panasonic is keeping an eye on this thread already.. It has been a long time since any of their headphones has gotten proper attention. You guys should know I am one of those guys that don't mind trying out something new and these HTF600 when I heard them there was no way I was gonna keep these to myself. These are too good not to bring to the attention of guys that would appreciate them..All you guys are doing is encouraging good products for our hobby... Buy more than one, buy them for gifts and for loved ones..All that will do is just encourage Panasonic to make more phones like the HTF600..

I am glad all you guys like them and are discovering how much of a substantial find these Pannys are.. It is not every day that a headphone this cheap gives out the sound they do. Unheard of actually..It is going to take a substantial product to top these for the price payed. I don't know if it exists out there but these Panasonics are going to be very hard to top for the price.. .SO far nothing comes close.

Oct 14, 2011 at 12:58 PM Post #468 of 2,849

Quote:
Thanks DSNuts, From a guy who use to think Sony earbuds were the best 
redface.gif
 , I guess I am coming a long way. I will take your advice and once I get them , I will be sure to thank you again.

Ya if ever there was a gateway to good audio. These cans have to be it..Glad you found this thread. No need to thank me I am on a mission and soon you will Believe!

Quote:
Stupid price and reviews.  Made me go and buy a pair:p.  My first decent pair of headphones (prior to learning of Head-Fi) was the Panasonic RP-HT355.  They had pretty small earcups, but I remember them being quite comfortable due to the drivers being angled and allowing room for my ears, despite the lack of depth of the cups.  Looking forward to hearing them!

Marimus I am glad you are trying a pair.  Let us know how these stack up to your higher cans.. These HTF600s will add nicely to your collection.

Quote:
Got um!! I agreed with the guy who said he found high-end Sennheiser boring, just not suited for my particular music, then someone said these were better than the KSC75 well i just had to try them!!
Love them out of the box, despite what people here say, can't imagine once broken in + Velour pads + CMoy
L3000.gif

What I'm hearing here is a Grado WITH BASS which = Perfection! I have yet to try the HD-25 though....

So now there's a grandma out there somewhere walking around with Kramer Modded + headband modded KSC75
biggrin.gif
Honestly i can see myself selling my Grado, they only sound similar with bass boost on the CMoy, but i will try them with the L-cush pads first. If they can hang with the AD700 i'll get rid of those and buy the Fiio E10.

I listened to the album "The Link" by Gojira which for some reason seems to have the sweetest double bass drums i've heard on an album, and had the biggest smile on my face, like the first time i heard my M9 and they were my entry into "head-fi"
bigsmile_face.gif
Then i listen to Katatonia "In the White" which has a nice slow bass line at the beginning and you can just picture the guitar in the room with you. "Basshead" Well i've never tried the XB500 so i wouldn't know, but the sound seems balanced to me. I have tried the M50 and HFI 680 + Denon D2K and i would say these are right there! But i didn't spend too much time with any of them to really analyze anything.....then again i'm no audiophile so i probably wouldn't even know how to analyze the sound...
beerchug.gif

Speaking about the Portapro, for some odd reason i never liked them......

OH wait. You are telling me these sound good to you out of box?  Wait till you get them properly loose.. You will be like

Oct 14, 2011 at 12:59 PM Post #469 of 2,849
^ Or be like this this guy (the best video that hasn't yet blown into another "meme" like techno viking and this could be his father!):

xDDD

Oct 14, 2011 at 3:24 PM Post #473 of 2,849
Well... even though these are not as comfortable or as "airy" as my AD700s, I really think I will order
yet another pair to replace them. I just use the AD700s with my PC anyway so... now I don't know if
I should sell them (the ADs) since I'm such a hoarder!!! lol
In fact, I'm not sure if I should sell my Shure 440s also!!!!
(yep, these Panasonics are that good!)

BTW, I sold my second pair of these Pannys to a co-worker!!!

Oct 14, 2011 at 3:32 PM Post #474 of 2,849
I ordered these after my beyerdynamic DT770 80 s tore up and just got them.  I just opened them up and am listening to O.A.R.'s King and it sounds very good.  When I first put them on something wasn't right and I pressed in on both the cups and the sound is normal now, not sure what that is all about.  Anyway, I am not an audiophile and these are more than good enough for me and i am not missing my Beyers

Oct 14, 2011 at 3:32 PM Post #475 of 2,849

Quote:
Well... even though these are not as comfortable or as "airy" as my AD700s, I really think I will order
yet another pair to replace them. I just use the AD700s with my PC anyway so... now I don't know if
I should sell them (the ADs) since I'm such a hoarder!!! lol
In fact, I'm not sure if I should sell my Shure 440s also!!!!
(yep, these Panasonics are that good!)

BTW, I sold my second pair of these Pannys to a co-worker!!!

I bet your selling them for $50?. I would. People will think they are getting a heck of a deal.. Just FOR YOU my friend.  I will sell for half price.. $50.
No doubt. I took out my SRH440 the other day and started to yawn.

Oct 14, 2011 at 3:35 PM Post #476 of 2,849

Quote:
I ordered these after my beyerdynamic DT770 80 s tore up and just got them.  I just opened them up and am listening to O.A.R.'s King and it sounds very good.  When I first put them on something wasn't right and I pressed in on both the cups and the sound is normal now, not sure what that is all about.  Anyway, I am not an audiophile and these are more than good enough for me and i am not missing my Beyers

Out of the box. They are no where near what they should sound like..Throw some bassy tunes on them loud for at least 24 hours. Then take a listen..The bass will be Bass shy when you first hear them and the mids will be kinda rough...TO fully loosen them I would do at least 40 hours of blasting the tunes.

Oct 14, 2011 at 3:46 PM Post #478 of 2,849
Looks like Head-fi will make Panasonic guys wonder why there's such a sudden increase in HTF600 sales all of a sudden. :p

Oct 14, 2011 at 3:50 PM Post #479 of 2,849

Quote:
My kids are always wanting to use my headphones so I am going to order a set for each of them, they will be surprised

Nice. Now there is a family that is representing the HTF600s.. $90 for 3 pairs ? I bought 3 pairs my self. I threw one to my father who is an old school audiophile. He loves his pair over his HD595s which I also got for him on his birthday. 1 stock with velours and my newest pair will be for the RPGmod. Can't wait to try that. Burn those in if you get a chance and they will sound much more fuller after. The Bass. Wait till you hear the bass after the burn.

Oct 14, 2011 at 3:55 PM Post #480 of 2,849

Quote:
I bet your selling them for $50?. I would. People will think they are getting a heck of a deal.. Just FOR YOU my friend.  I will sell for half price.. $50.
No doubt. I took out my SRH440 the other day and started to yawn.

hahaha not really.
Just charged them $40 (he would have stumbled on them on Amazon anyway
looking for reviews and stuff... we are like that! :wink:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back