The PANASONIC RP-HTF600-S headphones. More fun than the HD650?
Sep 19, 2011 at 6:52 PM Post #136 of 2,849
So it seems my cans are at my local USPS post office... not sure if I'll receive them tomorrow but
I can't wait to test these out and see/listen what all the "hoopla" is about!

gs1000.gif

Sep 19, 2011 at 7:00 PM Post #137 of 2,849
We will see who gets theirs first. I just got my second pair today actually. I am surprised cus I put in my order after Karl ended up ordering his.. 3rd party venders are unpredictable.

Sep 19, 2011 at 7:22 PM Post #138 of 2,849
Bought mine through Good As New last night via Amazon. Price was under $30 shipped, far and away the cheapest vendor I could find with stock remaining. They have already shipped, should be here before Friday if USPS doesn't bork things too badly. Amazon was claiming that I got GAN's second-to-last pair.

Also looked at the 560s. They do look remarkably similar, and some older reviews I could find on those are extremely positive, albeit perhaps not written by the most critical listeners. Curious as to what changed with the newer model.

Sep 19, 2011 at 9:14 PM Post #139 of 2,849

Quote:
So it seems my cans are at my local USPS post office... not sure if I'll receive them tomorrow but
I can't wait to test these out and see/listen what all the "hoopla" is about!

gs1000.gif

Ditto.  I was actually surprised, since I thought FedEx would take them all the way through (in which case I would have gotten them today).  Silly logistics.

Btw, what sources of music do you guys use?  I only have about 7 CDs ripped at high bitrates.  Pandora One I think offers a higher quality stream, is it worth it?  Any other streaming services offer HQ sources?

Sep 19, 2011 at 9:17 PM Post #140 of 2,849
Heya,

The Panasonic is pretty forgiving of source. I have Pandora One, and use it to find new music, it's nice. It's only 192kbps, but it's good as a Radio source. I don't use it for primary listening on headphones that will not tolerate a sound quality like that. But the Panasonics sound great on Pandora One. It's quite a nice way to spend each day, honestly.

Otherwise, I get my sources from CD's and HDtracks.com. Otherwise, another option, is to go to your local library and borrow/rent CD's. They actually have tons you'll find. Stuff you never thought they'd have. Take it home. Listen away.

Very best,

Sep 19, 2011 at 9:18 PM Post #141 of 2,849

Quote:
Ditto.  I was actually surprised, since I thought FedEx would take them all the way through (in which case I would have gotten them today).  Silly logistics.

Btw, what sources of music do you guys use?  I only have about 7 CDs ripped at high bitrates.  Pandora One I think offers a higher quality stream, is it worth it?  Any other streaming services offer HQ sources?

I listen on a variety of sources but when it comes to non-streaming digital media I use mostly FLAC, either 44.1/16 or personally ripped from vinyl at 96/24. I have to say that Spotify generally sounds very good, even through my lousy Android phone, but of course you can use your PC and/or an interface too. Beats the heck out of Pandora if you're an album listener, that's for sure. My pal has Pandora One and I'm not impressed with the fidelity.

Sep 19, 2011 at 9:23 PM Post #143 of 2,849

Quote:
$24 on Amazon...I think I may pick these up with this paycheck.

Cool man, check 'em out. I guarantee you that they won't sound like what you pay for them, nor feel like what you pay for them. And if you by chance completely don't like them, and can't return them, I'll buy them.

Very best,

Sep 19, 2011 at 9:37 PM Post #144 of 2,849

Quote:
Ya that is irritating.. It is only with the 3rd party vendors that happens to. Amazon themselves are good about showing accurate dates but it is always the 3rd parties.. I have been surprised by a few that actually send faster so you never know. Look forward to your impressions my friend..

Oh yeah homie, I can't wait to get them!  It seems everyone on hear (pun intended) can't wait for theirs either.  So I do get mine tomorrow, I might just stop by the Post Office in the morning before the carrier takes his time (and he will) to deliver and just pick them up myself.

I also see many are also interested in the HTF890's too, I'll join that club too.  I'm hoping they'll sound like an fully open DT880 that gets much louder - if that's the case, I think I might lose control.  And for 50 bones?  Panasonic just might be on a roll, strange to put their name with the "heavyweights", I never would've saw this coming...

Sep 19, 2011 at 10:08 PM Post #145 of 2,849
Ya right. Panasonic. Manufactures of electronics. TVs...Ya lets all go over to guitar center to try out a PANASONIC. lol!!. YOU GUYS ARE IN FOR HUGE SURPRISE!.. Get your sources ready..

These look cool on your head

Sep 19, 2011 at 10:20 PM Post #147 of 2,849

Quote:
Man D, those HT770's, I do want!  Just a curious question, how loud can they go?

I am listening to my Sony walkman Mp3 attached to my Fiio E11 on them now... LOUD!!. I can't crank it all the way if that answers your question or I'll bust a drum. These Newer HTF890s are just renamed HT770s. For the price they ask. These are very nice open phones in every way. I noticed one thing they got rid of was. the Xtra bass marketing that was on my Ht770s.  Panasonic dropped the Xtra Bass wording on all the newer phones it seems. But Bass they don't lack.

Sep 19, 2011 at 10:31 PM Post #148 of 2,849
I have become a fan of Panasonics so much so I had to get these too. Will let you guys know how these are.. I don't expect the same level of phone the HTF-600-S but maybe these will surprise me as well.. Rp-HT360.. 40mm drivers. smaller version of the HTF600.

Sep 19, 2011 at 10:56 PM Post #149 of 2,849
Sep 19, 2011 at 10:58 PM Post #150 of 2,849
the Rp-HT360 is not very good. I had one and ended up using the pads as replacement for my sony 7506, they gave extra comfort and a soundstage!. The pannies are not so bad but not great either.

ps....the headband hurts too
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back