1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

The Official Sennheiser IE800S thread!

First

Back
49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58
60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69
Next

Last
  1. GiacomoHoldini
    I don't see what benefit washing the tips would have on keeping them connected to the nozzles. It almost sounds like the threads are stripped.

Last edited: May 15, 2018
  2. Mimouille
    I wanted the replace the cable completely but it is too risky, so that is the next best thing. Obviously this is NOT to affect sound, but to have a more durable cable.

IMG_20180521_102941.jpg

Slashn77 and SteveOliver like this.
  3. nevrsumr
    I have never tried this, but if I was having the same problem, I would try to get some kind of light adhesive to make keep the tip stay on without making it permanently stuck. I would try thread lock probably.

4. SteveOliver
    I wouldn't it attacks some plastics and finishes, how about a wrap of double sided tape?

5. nevrsumr
    I always used it on plastic in RC hobby stuff but you are right maybe not a good idea on 1K IEMs.

I probably would still do it :).

6. amature101
    Does anyone know if there will be a fully changable cable version

7. GiacomoHoldini
    The only people who would know such are thing are people working for Sennheiser, and they shouldn't be talking here. The IE800S just came out late last year. If Sennheiser was looking to add cable changeability to the IE800 architecture, I expect they would have done it then. I don't anticipate we will see such a thing any time soon. If/when it does happen, it might be on a whole new flagship model.

8. Slashn77
    Nice!
    Is the 800S a worthy upgrade?
    Since the 800 can be found for $539 brand new direct from sennheiser.
    Or is it just minor tweaks

9. Slashn77
    Maybe a pen tip size of blue tack smoothed around it on the nozzle and put the tips on.
    If it doesn’t work it can easily be removed and leave no residue

10. GiacomoHoldini
    Where are you seeing that? Sennheiser's website lists the IE800 for $800. Amazon is not selling it themselves currently; the best price currently among Amazon Marketplace sellers is $550 for a used-like new pair. Best price on new from a Marketplace seller is $600. FWIW, a lot of the user reviews of the discounted items warn of fakes.

11. kdphan
    I'm wondering if it's worth selling the ie800 for $400 and then upgrading to the 800s?

no stores locally to try the 800s :frowning2:

12. Dobrescu George
    Why do you want to upgrade?

Do you like IE800?

Many people nhave said that IE800S has a pretty different signature...

13. kdphan
    While the ie800 is great as is, I just feel that the mids are a bit recessed.

I'm wondering if this is addressed in the newer 800s where it's more balanced?

14. GiacomoHoldini
    This is a pretty helpful review that compares the two models.

https://twister6.com/2018/01/07/sennheiser-ie800-vs-ie800s/

kdphan likes this.
  15. Dobrescu George
    Going from LCD-MX4 directly to IE800 in an experiment, I can also hear how the midrange of IE800 might be too recessed. I will be revieweing IE800S in the future, just not sure when. I think many reviewers said that Ie800S is more balanced on an overall level.

kdphan likes this.
First

Back
49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58
60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69
Next

Last