The Official Grado 325i Owners Club.
May 6, 2007 at 1:51 AM Post #212 of 3,640
Quote:

Originally Posted by terance /img/forum/go_quote.gif
the RA-1 is all about synnergy IMO.

I previously owned one, and am not kicking myself for not keeping it

don't believe the hype, find someone to let you borrow theirs and listen to it for yourself.

I'd really like to audition an RA-1 but the closes dealer is 150 miles away and I haven't come across and head-fiers near me. I may have to bite the bullet and do the drive.

May 6, 2007 at 4:27 PM Post #213 of 3,640
Quote:

Originally Posted by fatcat28037 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'd really like to audition an RA-1 but the closes dealer is 150 miles away and I haven't come across and head-fiers near me. I may have to bite the bullet and do the drive.

I really think it's worth it, I love my millet hybrid, but part of me is really kicking myslf for getting rid of my RA-1

on the topic of 325i's

mine are currently out getting recabled, impressions/pics when they get back =)

May 8, 2007 at 1:53 PM Post #214 of 3,640
Quote:

I really think it's worth it, I love my millet hybrid, but part of me is really kicking myslf for getting rid of my RA-1

on the topic of 325i's

I see your grado liberators in the fs section. Can you please share some thoughts on the product good/bad ?
Thanks.

May 8, 2007 at 2:35 PM Post #215 of 3,640
Quote:

on the topic of 325i's

Assuming you made the millett why not make the RA-1, its considerably easier to build.

May 8, 2007 at 3:08 PM Post #216 of 3,640
Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael415 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Assuming you made the millett why not make the RA-1, its considerably easier to build.

didn't make the millet.

If i ever make an amp, the RA-1 is the one i'd build

i'd really prefer a Grado one though, the wood case looks so slick =)

As for the liberators. . I felt that they took all of the character from the 325i.

They did make the sound stage noticibly bigger, but the in your face grado sound was a little diminished.

They were easy to un/install, and while I didn't like the sound there are surely some people out there who will enjoy it

my 325i's are currently being recabled, i'll post some pics when i get em back =)

May 8, 2007 at 7:01 PM Post #217 of 3,640
Quote:

didn't make the millet.

If i ever make an amp, the RA-1 is the one i'd build

i'd really prefer a Grado one though, the wood case looks so slick =)

As for the liberators. . I felt that they took all of the character from the 325i.

They did make the sound stage noticibly bigger, but the in your face grado sound was a little diminished.

They were easy to un/install, and while I didn't like the sound there are surely some people out there who will enjoy it

my 325i's are currently being recabled, i'll post some pics when i get em back =)

You should, I think my RA-1 clone cost all of $15 bucks. If your really stuck on the coolness of the wood you can get a cube off ebay and a slick milled knob from digikey. Minus the burned in name grado, mine looks just about the same.

May 10, 2007 at 2:17 AM Post #218 of 3,640
Quote:

Originally Posted by opozoid /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I received #5452 about a month ago.

Sad thing is, for metal (my favorite and by far my most listened to genre) I actually prefer the SR-80s. Funny. When my hornet gets here and is burned in, I'm going to see how well the 325i's work with it.

I'm going to recant that "I like the 80s better than the 325is for metal" statement. I just received my Hornet amp, and the 325i's were being held way back by my older amp. The Hornet is new and already its sounding wonderful with the 325i's. I can't wait for the amp to fully burn in, its gonna be fun! I know most of you know this already, but I'm still somewhat of a newb, and I can only learn as fast as my wallet allows.
wink.gif

May 10, 2007 at 3:49 PM Post #219 of 3,640
Woo Hoo...Number 5890 arrived today. I'm late for work...oh well.
biggrin.gif

My initial impression is that it's crystal clear and that it wasn't as big of a jump from my SR-80s as I thought it would be. I thought it was a bigger jump upgrading my source for $20. But, I still love them. They feel much lighter on my head than I thought they would fee. It came with the thick black leather band. I love the sound stage and spaciousness.

The amount of detail almost stings. I can't get over the bass detail. I'm going to AB with my SR-80s this weekend.

Damn...time for work.

May 10, 2007 at 4:48 PM Post #220 of 3,640
Quote:

Originally Posted by BrookR1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
biggrin.gif

My initial impression is that it's crystal clear and that it wasn't as big of a jump from my SR-80s as I thought it would be. I thought it was a bigger jump upgrading my source for $20. But, I still love them. They feel much lighter on my head than I thought they would fee. It came with the thick black leather band. I love the sound stage and spaciousness.

The amount of detail almost stings. I can't get over the bass detail. I'm going to AB with my SR-80s this weekend.

Damn...time for work.

Be sure to burn in, I'd say 300 hours.
cool.gif

I left mine in a drawer for days, with pink noise playing.

May 10, 2007 at 5:26 PM Post #221 of 3,640
I just got #4800. First I tried them with flats, but that was not the sound I was looking for. With the bowls it was a little better, but still not right on. Then I did the tape mod, and couldn't be happier. Much better bass and smoother top-end.
I'm definately a permanent member of Team Grado now.
smily_headphones1.gif

May 10, 2007 at 6:14 PM Post #222 of 3,640
Quote:

Originally Posted by kimragone /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just got #4800. First I tried them with flats, but that was not the sound I was looking for. With the bowls it was a little better, but still not right on. Then I did the tape mod, and couldn't be happier. Much better bass and smoother top-end.
smily_headphones1.gif

How do you like the x-can with the 325i ?

May 10, 2007 at 8:45 PM Post #223 of 3,640
Quote:

Originally Posted by kimragone /img/forum/go_quote.gif
smily_headphones1.gif

You need more bass? I found the bass almost overpowering. Not in a boomy way, but in a "the strings really vibrate and they're going to shake my brain loose" way. It's like I was 3 inches away from the bass player on some tracks.

For kicks, I ordered the flats and comfies. I'm going to stick the comfies on my SR-80s because I've always been curious about the sound of the SR-60s.

May 11, 2007 at 6:19 AM Post #224 of 3,640
Quote:

Originally Posted by adanac061 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How do you like the x-can with the 325i ?

I think I prefer the M3 with the Grado's and the X-Can with the Senn's. The M3 has a little more forward midrange which makes the 325i more involving.

May 11, 2007 at 6:47 AM Post #225 of 3,640
Quote:

Originally Posted by BrookR1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
biggrin.gif

Damn...time for work.

this kinda makes me angry. i placed an order with TTVJ on the 22nd of april and still haven't received my 325i.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back