The Official Grado 325i Owners Club.
Apr 26, 2007 at 7:36 PM Post #181 of 3,640
Thougt I'd contribute to this thread with a little something I found at headfest. As I was cruising around the meet I saw a member listening to a 325i. Nothing special I thought, but... there was something different about it.. I couldn't put my finger on it.

An hour passed and I found myself sitting next to that member and her 325i... we were demoing the Woo audio6. I looked closely at her 325i and ... WHOA!! An SR325i with an RS1/2, GS1k headband. Somewhat rare occurrence. I personally have never seen John do this before. It alleviates my only real complaint about the SR325i... headband dis-comfort with the narrow headband. The standard 325i headband is much more narrow and has less padding than the thicker ones pictured here.

This one is Jocelyns (from team Berkely-Fi). She was saying she bought it used, and neither her or the seller had any idea this is the Reference/Statement/Professional series headband.

comparison with an RS1....

The 2 near cans are RS1s, the far one is Jocelyns 325i...

Apr 27, 2007 at 1:19 AM Post #184 of 3,640
Please provide width of the RS1 and SR325i bands. I think mine 325 has the RS1 bands to just not sure. Mine measures 1-5/8" wide.

Apr 27, 2007 at 2:08 AM Post #186 of 3,640
I though I'd share a photo of my current set up, I really love my 325i's and my next upgrade will most likely be straight to the RS-1.

IMG_1870.jpg

So far everything sounds great, ipod to zu pivot, and the rest is self explanitory

Apr 27, 2007 at 5:23 AM Post #187 of 3,640
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1967cutlass /img/forum/go_quote.gif
As much as I hate grado as a company, I kinda wish I kept my old 325's.

not caring for the grado sound is one thing, but i don't understand hating them as a company

Apr 27, 2007 at 5:33 PM Post #190 of 3,640
Quote:

Originally Posted by pharmrodant /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just received my 325i's today. Mine are #5676. I also bought the Grado ¼" to 1/8" adapter. Just an extra $15.

Yummy!

David

where did you get them? i ordered mine from TTVJ on the 22nd and they replied the next day saying they're out of stock, but they haven't replied to any of my e-mails or calls since inquiring further

Apr 27, 2007 at 7:17 PM Post #191 of 3,640
Quote:

Originally Posted by adanac061 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Welcome David .

Any first impressions ?

I love them! I kept on hearing about how heavy they were but they were lighter than I was expecting. I was listening with the Senn HD202. The sounds are not comparable to the 325i's.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forest Design /img/forum/go_quote.gif
where did you get them? i ordered mine from TTVJ on the 22nd and they replied the next day saying they're out of stock, but they haven't replied to any of my e-mails or calls since inquiring further

Got them here:

http://www.shorelinemusic.com/access...radolabs.shtml

Scroll down to see their price, but it's the same as everywhere else. Shoreline Music was/is very friendly and extremely fast. I actually ordered them on the 24th and got them today.

I order the adapter on the same day from http://www.acousticsounds.com and it arrived today as well. Go figure.

David

Apr 27, 2007 at 9:41 PM Post #192 of 3,640
hmm. it'd be nice to get them quick, but TTVJ had the 325i for $265. plus there's the $10 off coupon for first time buyers. i'm going to give them a bit more time, hopefully they'll come back in stock and ship out soon...

Apr 28, 2007 at 8:19 AM Post #193 of 3,640
i'm having trouble keeping them on my head, they fall off very easily. is this common... or do i just have an abnormally small head

Apr 28, 2007 at 11:33 AM Post #194 of 3,640
Quote:

Originally Posted by wakdady /img/forum/go_quote.gif
do i just have an abnormally small head

Do you really want us to comment on that?
wink.gif

David

Apr 28, 2007 at 12:11 PM Post #195 of 3,640
Quote:

Originally Posted by wakdady /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i'm having trouble keeping them on my head, they fall off very easily. is this common... or do i just have an abnormally small head

Work on shaping the headband to better suits your need. They will still be a bit loose while tilting your head but you should notice some improvement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back