The Official Grado 325i Owners Club.
Apr 22, 2007 at 1:37 PM Post #166 of 3,640
What seems to have happened when MS2 went from MS2 to MS2i was that MS2i received the new "mushroom" housing but not a driver change. So yeah; the MS2 is still the same as it always was except for the new housing. Of course the drivers have always been different between the SR-325 and MS2 which makes the sound different. Neither better than the other, just different.

I suspect; and this is only a guess, but I think the treble of the MS2i has about the same detail and extension as the SR-325i, but just not the emphasis, just doesn't range as high from the 0 db reference point.

But yeah; it would be great if someone could do an honest side by side comparison at that.

Apr 22, 2007 at 2:10 PM Post #167 of 3,640
Quote:

Originally Posted by F107plus5 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
But yeah; it would be great if someone could do an honest side by side comparison at that.

if someone would send me their SR-325i's, I'd do a very honest comparison
very_evil_smiley.gif
wink.gif

Apr 22, 2007 at 5:39 PM Post #168 of 3,640
even though i posted this earlier in this thread. i still REALLY recommend this mod for any 325i owner.

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/showth...light=325i+mod

bass drum kicks sound tighter and more controlled (and punchier!) also everything in general just sounds more controlled. Even if you somehow dont like it, it is really cheap.

btw, i couldnt find the same pipe that guy has, but i just got an all rubber connector that was the same size and just cut the rings myself

Apr 22, 2007 at 5:43 PM Post #169 of 3,640
Quote:

Originally Posted by blinx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
even though i posted this earlier in this thread. i still REALLY recommend this mod for any 325i owner.

bass drum kicks sound tighter and more controlled (and punchier!) also everything in general just sounds more controlled. Even if you somehow dont like it, it is really cheap.

btw, i couldnt find the same pipe that guy has, but i just got an all rubber connector that was the same size and just cut the rings myself

hopefully this doesn't ruin the 325i like i felt the taped bowls did

does it still retain the clarity and the dynamism while enhancing the bass?

Apr 22, 2007 at 6:29 PM Post #170 of 3,640
Quote:

I wanna try that , I don't have any pvc pipe around but i do have more rubber bands than I know what to do with . Will they work instead ? They’re rubber ! I'll try and report back.

**edit. Yeah it works. There isn't more bass , but I can now FEEL the bass on my ears.

*** Edit #2 Actually it makes a noticable difference in bass , good idea Kees, my "the cults greatest hits" cd is now listenable where before it had no bass.

Apr 22, 2007 at 11:15 PM Post #173 of 3,640
Quote:

Originally Posted by fatcat28037 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does anyone participating on the 325i owners thread have the talent to create a 325i "smiles"?

I guess change the wood color to light gold
rs1smile.gif

I just ordered some C-pads from headphile for my 325i.

Apr 23, 2007 at 5:28 AM Post #174 of 3,640
Quote:

Originally Posted by terance /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hopefully this doesn't ruin the 325i like i felt the taped bowls did

does it still retain the clarity and the dynamism while enhancing the bass?

yeah it keeps everything the same with more punch in the midbass area, but it's not bloated either.

like if you listen to hardcore or metal, you'll notice more guitar crunch and stuff (which is good by all means!)

Apr 23, 2007 at 1:25 PM Post #175 of 3,640
Quote:

like if you listen to hardcore or metal, you'll notice more guitar crunch and stuff (which is good by all means!)

ah, good 'ol mid sweep!

while i'm not a huge fan of mid sweeping, I know exactly what you mean.

I went to my local home depot yesterday, twice, and they looked at me like i was crazy.

oh well, i'll have to find them somewhere else

Apr 24, 2007 at 10:53 PM Post #176 of 3,640
Quote:

ah, good 'ol mid sweep!

while i'm not a huge fan of mid sweeping, I know exactly what you mean.

I went to my local home depot yesterday, twice, and they looked at me like i was crazy.

oh well, i'll have to find them somewhere else

well the same thing happened to me.. if i can find the thing i cut it from i'll post a picture of it

Apr 26, 2007 at 1:08 AM Post #180 of 3,640
Quote:

has anyone tried popping off the buttons?

what kind of response do you think it would yield, a little more bass?

i'm pretty scared to, i don't want it to change the sound too drastcially, then be stuck with them that way =/

I popped off mine , didn't notice anything. I actually lost one of them and that sucks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back