The Official Grado 325i Owners Club.
May 11, 2007 at 7:51 PM Post #227 of 3,640
got them today! #5978 I had Grado send me one with a "scratched headband" for a $25 discount. I mostly had that done because Todd had said there would be another week delay because Grado was out of headbands, but they had some that were "scratched". I was sorta nervous about it, but it's arrived and barely visible at all!

was listening to Low's I Can Live in Hope last night with my headfive and my 60s and I'm playing it now with the 325i and there's quite a bit more detail, i'm pretty excited!

May 12, 2007 at 12:48 AM Post #228 of 3,640
Quote:

Originally Posted by fatcat28037 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am considering the purchase of a Grado RA1-HG amp to augment my 325i's. I'm considering the HG version to give me the added versitility in the event I decide to purchase an additional set of phones that require the higher gain, like Sennhieser. Currently I'm using a PA2V2, it's my first amp and I bought it mainly becaues of price and portability. It's a nice little unit but I suspect the RA1 would be a great improvement. I have no place to go to interview gear so I am relying on what I read herein Head-FI and hopefully a little personal help from all of you.

What kind of improvement could I expect with the RA1-HG over the PA2V2, specifically with the 325i's if you've listened to that combo?

Would it be reasonable to buy the RA1 non HG amp and save the money to invest in an additional amp should I purchase phones that require a higher gain amplifier?

I was still contemplating which way to go when I found an almost new (2 hrs. run time) RA1-HG on another forum for a VERY good price, I couldn't pass it up. I should have it by the middle of next week and will post my thoughts after I've run it a week or two.

May 12, 2007 at 5:52 PM Post #229 of 3,640
I've been using them for a few months now, I got them late November.
I first tried out a pair at the last Toronto Meet, they felt comfortable (a first for Grados for me) and sounded great even with my iPod video.
I've been through SR60s, 80s, 225s, and aside from the SR60s these are the only Grados I can wear for extended listening. It might be the weight and the headband, I'm not sure, I think this is as high as I need to go with Grados unless I manage to upgrade my entire system$$$ (yeah right!
biggrin.gif

May 12, 2007 at 6:45 PM Post #230 of 3,640
Just bought a pair of SR325 from the FS forum!
Now i need to get a good pair of foamies since they don't come with one.
What do you guys think i should be buying for them?
Got any pad deal lately?
I want some bass boosting pad that would feel confortable, what should fit my need the best for cheap?

May 13, 2007 at 1:32 AM Post #232 of 3,640
Quote:

Originally Posted by luidge /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Got any pad deal lately?
I want some bass boosting pad that would feel confortable, what should fit my need the best for cheap?

Mine came with the standard bowls. For fun, I ordered the comfies that come with the SR-60s and a set of flat pads.

May 13, 2007 at 1:34 AM Post #233 of 3,640
Quote:

Originally Posted by luidge /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Got any pad deal lately?

The old school black 325 came with flat pads. And that is what I would put back on them. Congrats on a KILLER deal !!

May 13, 2007 at 3:29 AM Post #234 of 3,640
Quote:

I was still contemplating which way to go when I found an almost new (2 hrs. run time) RA1-HG on another forum for a VERY good price, I couldn't pass it up. I should have it by the middle of next week and will post my thoughts after I've run it a week or two.

Anyone else out there useing this comb? Anwer up people, this should be an exciting thread and it isn't. Post something! You have 325i, one of the best phones in the world, say something!

May 13, 2007 at 12:28 PM Post #235 of 3,640
Quote:

Anyone else out there useing this comb? Anwer up people, this should be an exciting thread and it isn't. Post something! You have 325i, one of the best phones in the world, say something!

Well, I grilled some cheeseburgers Friday. They came out real good!
rolleyes.gif

May 13, 2007 at 1:34 PM Post #236 of 3,640
I can say that I'm waiting for C-Pads to be built for my 325i. Larry has me scheduled for early June so I have about 3 weeks still to go.

I will post impressions.

I think headphone burn-in is real. What I don't know is what other Grado users think about this.

Do the 325i benefit from extended burn-in?

I put around 100 hours on mine while burning in my AE-2 amp. Aside from that I've listened to them another 50 hours or so at this point...not much, I'm waiting for my C-pads now before getting back into my 325i.

I decided to burn them in some more with pink noise from my Stereophile test CD 2 this time.I plan to give them atleast 250 hours with this.

Am I crazy?

May 13, 2007 at 2:26 PM Post #238 of 3,640
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kees /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Did they benefit from extended burn-in?

I've heard small changes in other cans after just 10 hours. My auditory memory isn't good enough, and I didn't focus on trying so I can't say that I heard change after the first 100 hours with my 325i. I did listen at the 150 hour point. This was just before I resumed burn-in with my expected 250 hours of pink noise...I figure it can't hurt right? I'll be listening for any changes after this 10 day period but I don't expect to hear any. Maybe I just need to get a life
icon10.gif
lol

-edit, I thought you were asking me, not the burger chef...err, never mind
blink.gif

May 14, 2007 at 10:43 AM Post #240 of 3,640

asked a friend to pick em up from NY.
i think i have the most expensive headphones in my little town... well, I like to believe that. also I like to believe that these are the only 325i's in my little country
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back