The Official Grado 325i Owners Club.
Apr 28, 2007 at 12:29 PM Post #196 of 3,640
Quote:

Originally Posted by wakdady /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i'm having trouble keeping them on my head, they fall off very easily. is this common... or do i just have an abnormally small head

That is pretty normal. You can improve the fit a bit by carefully bending the headband.

Apr 28, 2007 at 7:01 PM Post #197 of 3,640
Quote:

Originally Posted by pharmrodant /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do you really want us to comment on that?
wink.gif

David

i thought about that as a was typing my post, but then i figured, what the hell, it'll make a funny
tongue.gif

Apr 29, 2007 at 4:56 AM Post #201 of 3,640
Quote:

Originally Posted by ryanhayn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
that is one messed up looking headphone ^ What?

Im not in it for the looks. It's all about the sound. and it sounds damn good.

Quote:

Originally Posted by terance /img/forum/go_quote.gif
why is the headband bent in such a way? that doesn't look comfortable at all!

Thats what 325i owners mean when they say to bend the headband so it will stay on. I can rock away all night and mine doesn't fall off.
basshead.gif
basshead.gif

ps: 200th post on the thread...the 325i owners club keeps on trucking.....

May 3, 2007 at 9:40 PM Post #203 of 3,640
I just ordered a pair from TTVJ. I was thinking about the MS2i, but then realized that I love my SR-80s so much (including all of its "faults") that I thought I might be underwhelmed by the laid back approach of the MS2i. I want the Grado sound in all its glory, and I think the 325is will give me that.

Now the hard part...waiting the 2-3 days for delivery. I hope they're in stock.

The next hard part...resisting the urge to buy an amp so soon after this purchase.

May 3, 2007 at 10:39 PM Post #204 of 3,640
I am considering the purchase of a Grado RA1-HG amp to augment my 325i's. I'm considering the HG version to give me the added versitility in the event I decide to purchase an additional set of phones that require the higher gain, like Sennhieser. Currently I'm using a PA2V2, it's my first amp and I bought it mainly becaues of price and portability. It's a nice little unit but I suspect the RA1 would be a great improvement. I have no place to go to interview gear so I am relying on what I read herein Head-FI and hopefully a little personal help from all of you.

What kind of improvement could I expect with the RA1-HG over the PA2V2, specifically with the 325i's if you've listened to that combo?

Would it be reasonable to buy the RA1 non HG amp and save the money to invest in an additional amp should I purchase phones that require a higher gain amplifier?

May 4, 2007 at 12:07 AM Post #205 of 3,640
i though i heard most people talk crap about the RA-1 because of its crappy components.

May 4, 2007 at 1:35 AM Post #207 of 3,640
Quote:

Originally Posted by adanac061 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The 325i scales very well with an amp, big difference. The more refined your components get the better the 325i gets . I've got an x-dac v3 on the way , I expect it will scale up some more.
biggrin.gif

I honestly didn't need to hear that.
tongue.gif

May 4, 2007 at 2:21 AM Post #208 of 3,640
Quote:

Originally Posted by wakdady /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i though i heard most people talk crap about the RA-1 because of its crappy components.

I did read a post here where someone trashed the Grado amp, said something about $30 worth of components....yada yada. I need a larger sampling than just one.

May 4, 2007 at 6:04 AM Post #209 of 3,640
I received #5452 about a month ago.

Sad thing is, for metal (my favorite and by far my most listened to genre) I actually prefer the SR-80s. Funny. When my hornet gets here and is burned in, I'm going to see how well the 325i's work with it.

May 5, 2007 at 5:18 PM Post #210 of 3,640
Bah...they're back ordered from TTVJ for a week. Oh well...I'll have my new portapros to play with until then. Was thinking about getting flats for them. I listened to the SR-225s and was a little disappointed in the bass compared to my SR-80s. From what I understand, the 325s are more like the 225s than the 80s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back