The Official Grado 325i Owners Club.
Apr 10, 2016 at 2:37 AM Post #3,573 of 3,640
Thanks you. It's a great headphone and sounds fantastic! I bought it second hand and in perfect condition for $140. Witch I think is very good price. Considering NIB price for the 325is in Norway is $485

Apr 10, 2016 at 8:52 AM Post #3,574 of 3,640
Thanks you. It's a great headphone and sounds fantastic! I bought it second hand and in perfect condition for $140. Witch I think is very good price. Considering NIB price for the 325is in Norway is $485

That is an excellent price, even here in the U.S. that would be a nice price.
Yes, they do sound excellent…I love my 325is, enjoy!

Apr 13, 2016 at 10:21 PM Post #3,576 of 3,640
Woooooooow man, i'm REALLY enjoying the new life of my 325i since I plug them in my old Sansui amp...this monster bass impact and influx of air between instrumentations and the soundstage that became 2 times bigger.
It's more than a big deal, this Grado need lot of power to come alive truely, no joke!
Gooooooooosh
L3000.gif

Apr 28, 2016 at 4:41 AM Post #3,577 of 3,640

been using my sr325 for almost one year...gotta say i really love them!good mids and treble, bass abit lack but not much of an issue since they still give real good clean bass...comfy issue though as my ears started to hurt after half an hour of continuous listening...still one of my fav cans! huge grad's fan!

Jun 24, 2016 at 6:48 AM Post #3,578 of 3,640
hi all! apologies for reviving an old thread... i have a woodied 325is and i couldn't be happier. :)

im planning to reuse the old cups and was hoping to remove the branding (ie. remove the black ring with embossed text). does anyone know how this is done? see attached pic (taken from the first page) :)

Jul 14, 2016 at 8:54 AM Post #3,579 of 3,640
Hello!  Alrighty, so I decided to purchase these specific headphones for a number of reasons. First, I mainly listen to 60's rock (Beatles, Dylan, Creedence, Doors, Hendrix, Joplin, Jefferson Airplane, Velvet Underground, Zeppelin, Stones, Pink Floyd) and these suit that music perfectly. The reason is because it is a dynamic type of headphone and no other headphone no matter how sophisticated and high tech can give you the slam, energy, impact, and just raw power of a dynamic headphone. Second Grado is already known for being the best headphones for rock music no matter the headphone. Third Grado has models ranging from about $80 to $1700 but I find these to be the best for rock music, the reasoning is because the plastic models just sound dull, the wooden ones sound too smooth and soft (you want some aggressiveness when you listen to rock) and because of the L-cush pads they bring in a more intimate soundstage as if you are right in front of the band rather than the G-cush which makes it like you are a couple of rows from the stage. I personally love that big bold aggressive sound that is in your face because you just want to crank it up and jam. Ok so now some recommendations, I paired these headphones with the Schiit Magni 2 amp and Modi 2 DAC (which by the way is great because the whole setup is made in USA and the silver tone colors of all three components just make it look so sleek and industrial grade, which by the way they are all built like tanks) and again the reasoning for this is because I find solid state to give more impact, energy, slam and aggressiveness that tubes just cant do as well. This setup is natural and less digital sounding, it is smooth but never soft, and never fatiguing.I highly recommend to break in this setup at a little higher than normal volume overnight for 10 hours a day until you get to 100 hours with the Schiit stack too because it makes the sound way smoother, it is real, absolutely for Grados, maybe not for other headphones but for these, 100% certain. The trebles extends higher but gets smooth, the bass extends deeper and gets tighter and smoother, the midrange gets more vivid and the soundstage opens up more. 

Jul 14, 2016 at 9:00 AM Post #3,580 of 3,640
@ Zealsoijun

Why did you feel the need to cut paste/post this in 3 different Grado threads ?

It's a bit annoying......

Oct 6, 2016 at 8:38 AM Post #3,582 of 3,640
Hi,

I just bought 2nd hand headphones in ebay (SR352is chrome).
but I saw in this tread that this number is taken by Original Golden Oldies version... 
can a number be duplicated for both version? (chrome and gold...).

Thanks

Oct 6, 2016 at 9:34 AM Post #3,583 of 3,640
  Hi,

I just bought 2nd hand headphones in ebay (SR352is chrome).
but I saw in this tread that this number is taken by Original Golden Oldies version... 
can a number be duplicated for both version? (chrome and gold...).

Thanks

The "Original Golden Oldies," produced by Grado in 2003 in celebration of their 50th (golden) anniversary, are the SR325i.  Sometimes when folks write the plural of this headphone, they write "SR325is," as in, "I just bought a pair of SR325is on eBay."  

When they came out, some folks complained that they were so bright that they introduced listener fatigue.  In response, Grado tweaked them to be a bit less bright, naming the tweaked version the "SR325is" and making them in either satin aluminum or shiny chrome, but not gold.

I love the SR325i as the brightest of all the Grados, but if I did not have other Grados, I would likely also become fatigued at their brightness as my only Grado.

The SR325is is a great headphone... I hope you are pleased with your purchase.

I have all four.. the original SR325, the SR325i, the SR325is, and the current SR325e.

From upper left clockwise, the SR325i (gold), SR325is (chrome), SR325e (currently sold), and SR325 (original).

Oct 6, 2016 at 12:07 PM Post #3,584 of 3,640
  The "Original Golden Oldies," produced by Grado in 2003 in celebration of their 50th (golden) anniversary, are the SR325i.  Sometimes when folks write the plural of this headphone, they write "SR325is," as in, "I just bought a pair of SR325is on eBay."  

When they came out, some folks complained that they were so bright that they introduced listener fatigue.  In response, Grado tweaked them to be a bit less bright, naming the tweaked version the "SR325is" and making them in either satin aluminum or shiny chrome, but not gold.

I love the SR325i as the brightest of all the Grados, but if I did not have other Grados, I would likely also become fatigued at their brightness as my only Grado.

I have all four.. the original SR325, the SR325i, the SR325is, and the current SR325e.

When are you going to get the original (black) 325 to complete the set? 
biggrin.gif

Oct 6, 2016 at 12:30 PM Post #3,585 of 3,640

From upper left clockwise, the SR325i (gold), SR325is (chrome), SR325e (currently sold), and SR325 (original).

Looks nice (THE GOLD ONEs almost made my eyes fall out.) WOW!!! , are these made for Alternative Rock/Psychedelic rock? Can you share some of your music tastes to give me idea. I have not owned a grado, but I like their cup design and flexibiliity for modding. thx

Also, how does one remove driver? By heating it up? I used hair dryer once to remove drivers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back