The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread
Jan 30, 2013 at 8:01 AM Post #3,721 of 10,994
i use raytheon 6ew7 and sophia princess (though i've been using the 596 alot more) with the T1.

to me with the WA6-SE, it sounds more detailed with a wider soundstage and a bit better imaging vs. the WA2, but loses a bit of warmth and emotion to the sound. i'm extremely happy with either setup, the WA6-SE sounds very pure and very clear to me, the WA2 is more intimate and smooth. of course, everyone's ears are different, what did you find wrong with the WA6-SE (what do you mean by stagnant)

It's not that they sounded horrible out of the wa6se. It was just something about the sound signature that sounded off to me. Now this was just an impression I got from a 30 min session with the T1/Woo with me changing tubes 5 times. Compared to the HP-P1 it seemed like my woo wasn't putting out enough juice which is the same problem I had with the hd800's. the soundstage seemed compressed and there was a slight choppiness that I was experiencing.
I was thinking that my problem was switching from the portable after about 15 hours(3 days) to a tube amp is what threw me off. I'm going to give it another shot before I can say for certain if there's an issue and what it is. I'm in the process of moving so it will be a while before I can unpack my gear. By then I think my HD 650's will sound good to me:D

Feb 9, 2013 at 5:48 AM Post #3,722 of 10,994
I got the chance to have the T1 in my home for the day and listen to it with my music, my source, my amplifiers and an A1 amplifier. The A1 was my favourite. I had heard the T1 before but this was better and i made a review video of it and compared to the HE-500.

Feb 12, 2013 at 3:24 AM Post #3,723 of 10,994
Quote:
I got the chance to have the T1 in my home for the day and listen to it with my music, my source, my amplifiers and an A1 amplifier. The A1 was my favourite. I had heard the T1 before but this was better and i made a review video of it and compared to the HE-500.

Thanks for your review!

Feb 16, 2013 at 3:19 PM Post #3,733 of 10,994
Hey guys,

I may not be that active anymore but I plan on hoping on here once and a while. I recently put my T1 on my head, which I haven't listened to in almost two months. I have missed them. I picked up some older albums from Nightwish (one of my fave metal bands ever). The albums are: Oceanborn and Wishmaster. Both are exceptional albums between the two I'd say I love Wishmaster more, but it's hard as both albums are great. The only reason I picked these up as someone if the Phidelio X1 thread mentioned Nightwish. I had forgot how good the T1 was, how dynamic, how clear, how punchy... Why did I ever stop listening? 

In other news I have a K601 here from tdockweiler. I've missed this headphone as well!

Don't worry Travis, your K400 will be to you shortly!

Feb 16, 2013 at 4:03 PM Post #3,735 of 10,994
Yay Nightwish! The old albums sound so epic on the T1. Tuomas is really a genius with the way he arranges his music. Nightwish is the first metal band that I've listened to, and remain the only one I still listen to regularly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back