The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread
Jan 27, 2013 at 1:13 PM Post #3,709 of 10,994
Quote:
found the answer on amazon's comparison chart, no adaptor for t1. good! time to sleep 

Beyerdynamic doesn't want you to accidentally plug your manly 600 ohm headphones into a puny girly mp3 player!
beyersmile.png

Jan 27, 2013 at 1:37 PM Post #3,710 of 10,994
Flagship products normally don't come with an 1/4-1/8 adapter, but for the T1 a Sennheiser style adapter works just fine.

Jan 27, 2013 at 6:06 PM Post #3,711 of 10,994
I have read a lot of this thread and can't find any mention of the Beyer A1 amp with the T1. I have my T1 coming in Tuesday and can get the A1 amp for $650. Any opinions on the Beyer A1 amp with the T1's?

Jan 27, 2013 at 7:02 PM Post #3,712 of 10,994
Quote:
I have read a lot of this thread and can't find any mention of the Beyer A1 amp with the T1. I have my T1 coming in Tuesday and can get the A1 amp for $650. Any opinions on the Beyer A1 amp with the T1's?

I don't think anyone has heard the combination, but the A1 is an older amp. I believe the people that have owned it thought it didn't perform at a $500 mark. However, that's the top of my head. 

Jan 27, 2013 at 7:47 PM Post #3,713 of 10,994
I don't think anyone has heard the combination, but the A1 is an older amp. I believe the people that have owned it thought it didn't perform at a $500 mark. However, that's the top of my head. 
I have heard the T1 and A1 combo and thought it excelled with classical and jazz, but there is much better amps for the price. Its just that the A1 is more readily found in the mainstream, but i you dig around there are several chinese amps that blow it out the water for the same price. Yulong, LittleDot, and Audio-GD come to mind. Best of luck in your search.

@ematthews - I would recommend making the stretch for a LittleDot amp if i was in your shoes.

Jan 27, 2013 at 7:53 PM Post #3,714 of 10,994
Quote:
I have heard the T1 and A1 combo and thought it excelled with classical and jazz, but there is much better amps for the price. Its just that the A1 is more readily found in the mainstream, but i you dig around there are several chinese amps that blow it out the water for the same price. Yulong, LittleDot, and Audio-GD come to mind. Best of luck in your search.

@ematthews - I would recommend making the stretch for a LittleDot amp if i was in your shoes.

Oh! Does anyone have a little dot they're running the T1 with?

Jan 27, 2013 at 8:01 PM Post #3,715 of 10,994
I kn
Oh! Does anyone have a little dot they're running the T1 with?

I know theres quite a few that have run littledot amps with their T1's, but most have made significant upgrades such as a B22 and and SPL Phonitor. I havent owned a LD amp myself but i have gone through a handful of SS and Tube amps. In his price range a tube amp is a better choice over SS because of the high voltage requirement over current. You need to spend more on a high quality SS to achieve what a cheaper tube amp provides.

Jan 27, 2013 at 10:50 PM Post #3,716 of 10,994
What model little dot am I looking for?

Jan 28, 2013 at 7:28 AM Post #3,718 of 10,994
Quote:
I kn
I know theres quite a few that have run littledot amps with their T1's, but most have made significant upgrades such as a B22 and and SPL Phonitor. I havent owned a LD amp myself but i have gone through a handful of SS and Tube amps. In his price range a tube amp is a better choice over SS because of the high voltage requirement over current. You need to spend more on a high quality SS to achieve what a cheaper tube amp provides.

Really?  Your a Mjolinr man - correct?  So I wouldn't think this would be the case.

Jan 28, 2013 at 8:22 AM Post #3,719 of 10,994
Really?  Your a Mjolinr man - correct?  So I wouldn't think this would be the case.
Yes thats right, theres always an exception and that would be the Mjolnir.

Jan 28, 2013 at 1:19 PM Post #3,720 of 10,994
I find the T1 + CSP2+ a near perfect combination. Better than my Zana Deux, Beta 22 and even superior to the two used in tandem (with Zana as preamp obviously).

We all like to think of the HD800 as the ultimate headphone in having unique and singular qualities. The T1 is no slouch in this category and does several things that none of my headphones do. The imagery is phenomenal, nearly on par with the HD800, but its ability to present nearly any instrument distinctively, so that identification is a breeze, is phenomenal and better than anything else I own (with SR007 right on its heals, but slightly behind). With the right tubes I also cannot say the HD800 has better clarity, though it is more dynamic. Also, I believe the T1 strikes that beautiful balance of clarity, speed and weight. Not nearly as fast as the AD2000, but weightier, more controlled and less colored. This headphone really does nearly everything right and it's a mistaken notion that it doesn't do anything particularly special. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back