The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread
Feb 14, 2015 at 2:07 AM Post #8,551 of 10,994
I used Front Panel Express to cnc cut the top of my OTL amp they have a easy to use cad program which you can download where you can add text, fixings, and change colours and finishes and it updates the pricing as you change your requirements.

Feb 14, 2015 at 8:32 AM Post #8,552 of 10,994

Very cool, Jay. What cables did you settle into?

right now i just have a 6 footer wje made for me, light, flexible, single ended, wayne makes nice stuff, and you can't beat the price

as for more upmarket cables, i've really liked cables from DHC, and i may give norne a try

Feb 15, 2015 at 5:48 AM Post #8,553 of 10,994
  Over a year in with myT1's, their ability continues to beguile and amaze me on a  pretty regular basis.

That's nice. I've had mine for over three years now. It just so happens that I returned from a 10 day skiing trip and am now checking my regular website visits for new posts and stuff while listening to my T1 on the Meier stack and have the same "WOW!!"-moments all over again 
beyersmile.png

T1 + Meier = endgame for me. 

Feb 15, 2015 at 5:59 AM Post #8,554 of 10,994
I wonder why the t1's don't retain value nearly as well as the hd800's. A used pair of t1's can be had for just $600usd compare to $1000 plus for the hd800's. That's less than half the price of the hd800's yet they are both considered the same league. Weren't they similarly priced when they debuted on the market? 

Feb 15, 2015 at 6:08 AM Post #8,555 of 10,994

That's nice. I've had mine for over three years now. It just so happens that I returned from a 10 day skiing trip and am now checking my regular website visits for new posts and stuff while listening to my T1 on the Meier stack and have the same "WOW!!"-moments all over again 
beyersmile.png

T1 + Meier = endgame for me. 

No amp/dac is for everyone, of course, but it's shocking to me that more people don't opt for the Meier gear more often. The Classic/Daccord stack is my end game, too...I'll have it as my main rig until it completely gives out, or unless I decided to sent Jan more money when/if he comes out with a new flagship amp. Even though I've had some offers for my Meier Jazz, there's just no way in hell I'd sell that, either. His stuff is built like a tank, he packs it with high grade guts, and on top of all that you get the absolute best crossfeed circuit on earth to play around with. Drives the T1s and both my current (LCD-X) and past (LCD-2) Audeze phones incredibly well...leaves me wanting for nothing. 

Just all-around fantastic products at their given price points...I can't imagine the T1s sounding any better than this. 

Feb 15, 2015 at 6:29 AM Post #8,556 of 10,994

No amp/dac is for everyone, of course, but it's shocking to me that more people don't opt for the Meier gear more often. The Classic/Daccord stack is my end game, too...I'll have it as my main rig until it completely gives out, or unless I decided to sent Jan more money when/if he comes out with a new flagship amp. Even though I've had some offers for my Meier Jazz, there's just no way in hell I'd sell that, either. His stuff is built like a tank, he packs it with high grade guts, and on top of all that you get the absolute best crossfeed circuit on earth to play around with. Drives the T1s and both my current (LCD-X) and past (LCD-2) Audeze phones incredibly well...leaves me wanting for nothing. 

Just all-around fantastic products at their given price points...I can't imagine the T1s sounding any better than this. 

Have you tried Beyer amps?

Feb 15, 2015 at 8:04 AM Post #8,558 of 10,994

but how do you really feel ???  
biggrin.gif

Feb 15, 2015 at 8:40 AM Post #8,559 of 10,994
  but how do you really feel ???  
biggrin.gif

hehe...I get excited when I know I've found that long term product to keep me happy...

Feb 15, 2015 at 12:08 PM Post #8,560 of 10,994
Just upgraded from a pile of Fiio (E17+E09K) to a pile of Schiit (Valhalla 2+Bifrost USB Gen2, w/o uber) to drive my T1 No.23xx.
Listening to classic or soundtrack definitely improves; female vocal is great too.
But I just start to listen to metal, Chthonic that is (usually categorized as black metal, but themselves called it "orient metal").
The Schiit pile with metal is somewhat.... cool? Yeah the sound stage and separation is much better than the Fiio pile, but the players seems to be more distant from me too, with less passion.
It helps to hear the layers of sound in metal, but the atmosphere and intimacy somewhat loses in the process.
I've ordered the uber analog but has not arrive yet. Fingers crossed :wink:

Feb 15, 2015 at 12:30 PM Post #8,561 of 10,994
  Just upgraded from a pile of Fiio (E17+E09K) to a pile of Schiit (Valhalla 2+Bifrost USB Gen2, w/o uber) to drive my T1 No.23xx.
Listening to classic or soundtrack definitely improves; female vocal is great too.
But I just start to listen to metal, Chthonic that is (usually categorized as black metal, but themselves called it "orient metal").
The Schiit pile with metal is somewhat.... cool? Yeah the sound stage and separation is much better than the Fiio pile, but the players seems to be more distant from me too, with less passion.
It helps to hear the layers of sound in metal, but the atmosphere and intimacy somewhat loses in the process.
I've ordered the uber analog but has not arrive yet. Fingers crossed :wink:

From all the reviews I have read it seems that either Meier Audio Classic or Beyer A20/A1/A2 is the best amps for the T1. Just thought I'd share that with you if you should consider to change :)

Feb 15, 2015 at 12:38 PM Post #8,562 of 10,994

From all the reviews I have read it seems that either Meier Audio Classic or Beyer A20/A1/A20 is the best amps for the T1. Just thought I'd share that with you if you should consider to change :)

I would say this thread alone - and you can verify this if you go back and it read it from the start - is testament to the fact that there's no solid consensus on the best amp for the T1. I've seen so many different amps praised for their synergy with the T1s on this thread and actually the Beyer amps (which I admit I haven't heard myself) haven't cropped up as much as the likes of Meier and Woo's WA2. A lot of people think tubes are the way to go with the T1s; I'm not necessarily convinced that's the case myself, but just sayin' :)

Feb 15, 2015 at 12:39 PM Post #8,563 of 10,994
  I wonder why the t1's don't retain value nearly as well as the hd800's. A used pair of t1's can be had for just $600usd compare to $1000 plus for the hd800's. That's less than half the price of the hd800's yet they are both considered the same league. Weren't they similarly priced when they debuted on the market? 

I believe it comes down to the T1s being sold for ~$800 new for quite a while, compared to the pretty strict pricing on the HD800s. The HD800s were rarely discounted (at least significantly) until a couple recent sales at $1000. 
Yes, IIRC the T1s were introduced at $1400 and the HD800 at $1500.

Feb 15, 2015 at 2:08 PM Post #8,564 of 10,994
while is totally possible that tubes can be great with the T1, i can sincerely say that my SS Dynahi works wonders with the T1 (& HD800 & Grado PS500) sounding detailed & lush with an expansive soundstage. 

Feb 15, 2015 at 2:11 PM Post #8,565 of 10,994

Sure haven't, but I have no doubt they're solid products. 

While I can only talk about the A2 out of longer experience (tested the A20 only for a rather short time, not because its bad but because I already had the A2) they definitely are very good with the T1. Still Jans stack wins pricewise... And the Classic is more versatile than the A20 given its high output power and low output impedance.

I would say this thread alone - and you can verify this if you go back and it read it from the start - is testament to the fact that there's no solid consensus on the best amp for the T1. I've seen so many different amps praised for their synergy with the T1s on this thread and actually the Beyer amps (which I admit I haven't heard myself) haven't cropped up as much as the likes of Meier and Woo's WA2. A lot of people think tubes are the way to go with the T1s; I'm not necessarily convinced that's the case myself, but just sayin' :)

I think thats actually a good sign: the T1 sound good with a lot of amps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back