The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread
Jun 4, 2014 at 7:59 PM Post #7,578 of 10,994
The stock T1 cable is starting to annoy me ! Its a good quality cable but its tends to get in a bit of a tangle however well you treat it. Any recommendation for a replacement ?

Sending the headphones away is such a PIA. I so wish they had plugs on the headphones ?

Jun 4, 2014 at 10:14 PM Post #7,579 of 10,994
Sennheiser has a 30 day no questions asked money back return policy so how could they possibly be overpriced if the only people paying for them do so of their own volition after a 30 day audition?

Let's not go casting aspersions against all headphone makers based on the behavior of beyerdynamic. I wouldn't be surprised if factoring in all costs including customer service the t1 cost only $300 to make but I would be surprised of that held for the hd800.

You have a very weird mindset about things. Why do you care that your headphones have to be uber expensive??? The only thing that matters is how the headphone sounds. The rest is just superficial nonsense. 

Jun 4, 2014 at 10:22 PM Post #7,580 of 10,994
The thing that blows my mind is someone ordering headphones direct from the manufacturer AT full retail price when a simple google search would show you 50+ retailers selling the same headphones for 30 to 40% less. 

Jun 5, 2014 at 12:14 AM Post #7,582 of 10,994
Hi there,
I've just bought T1 from my friend. People says T1 pair well with OTL Tube amp, and my question is: About Bottlehead Crack with speeball upgarde and Woo WA2, which one is better when pair with T1. Thanks so much

Jun 5, 2014 at 12:20 AM Post #7,583 of 10,994
  What are first impressions of the T1? (I'm contemplating the same purchase...)

Hmmmmm, the most noticeable thing I think is that the T1 has lots of details and a very neutral/slightly warm midrange. The soundstage is spacious and the instrument seperation is as clear as day. Very good bass control and nice sparkling treble. I personally didn't find it 'harsh' or 'fatiguing' due to the treble 'peak' around 8-9khz at all. The overall sound is very neutral and detailed but smooth and so enjoyable.

Another plus of the T1 is that it can handle almost every genre I throw to it ( only got beaten by the HD800 in classical )

Kratos congratulations on your T1's I really like mine paired with the Crack, roll in your GEC sit back and enjoy!

Hi Jamie,

Thanks! I'm absolutely loving my T1 paired with the Speedballed Crack having a GEC Brown base and a Amperex 6085 gold pins put on. The midrange, the clarity, the detail, the transparency, all are just nearly perfect for my taste! Couldn't be happier!

Cheers.

I've had my WA2 for quite a few months now with my re-cabled T1's and Schiit Uber Bifrost DAC.  Moved up to the WA2 from a Schiit Lyr amp.  I have no experience with the Bottlehead Mainline.
What I can tell you is that the upgrade with the WA2 from the Lyr was huge.  Everything I hoped for and more.  You have to make intelligent tube choices as to the sound signature that you're looking for...and of course that involves some additional (and, in my case, substantial) expense.  I am running Tung Sol 5998s as my power tubes, late 50's Philips Miniwatt E188CC 'SQ's' as my driver tubes and alternating a few different rectifiers.  I would go into detail as to my impressions but they are very nicely worded in JayG's description under "Listening Impressions" in the opening review of the "Woo Audio 2" thread here:  http://www.head-fi.org/t/402215/the-woo-audio-2#post_5308891
I agree with his assessment completely.  Check it out.

I'll add a couple more things that may be of interest to you. I had my amp choice narrowed down to the Soloist or the WA2. I had a chance to preview the T1's with my son's new Soloist and it sounded great...it was then that I made the decision to replace my Lyr. I ended up going with the WA2 just because I wanted the tube rolling option...and I'd read a bunch of great T1/WA2 reviews.
Going with the more powerful 5998's as the power tubes and the very upfront presentation of the MiniWatt E188CCs brought me from the 5th row to the front row, which is the signature I prefer. Plus those 2 tubes provide the detail of the SS Soloist without sacrificing that plump, meaty tube goodness...at least to my ears. To me it's the best of both worlds.

Hi billerb1,

Thank you so much for your recommendation! I'll definitely seriously consider it. But the problem is that in my local area there isn't any audio shop that carries WooAudio amps so I can't have a chance to bring my T1 and have a listen to the WA2. I once heard the Bottlehead Mainline driving the T1 and I totally loved it, But I'm still confused due to the 'glorious' exterior of the WA2.....it is sooooo beautiful :frowning2:

Nice pics Aeolus, that looks like some pretty fast glass you have there :)

Thanks radiojam! Indeed 
biggrin.gif

Happy listening,
Kratos.

Jun 5, 2014 at 1:40 AM Post #7,584 of 10,994
  Thanks! I'm absolutely loving my T1 paired with the Speedballed Crack having a GEC Brown base and a Amperex 6085 gold pins put on. The midrange, the clarity, the detail, the transparency, all are just nearly perfect for my taste! Couldn't be happier!

Thank you so much for your recommendation! I'll definitely seriously consider it. But the problem is that in my local area there isn't any audio shop that carries WooAudio amps so I can't have a chance to bring my T1 and have a listen to the WA2. I once heard the Bottlehead Mainline driving the T1 and I totally loved it, But I'm still confused due to the 'glorious' exterior of the WA2.....it is sooooo beautiful :frowning2:

I have not heard WA2. When I wanted to upgrade from Crack + SB, my research based on opinions of people who have heard both led me to believe that moving from Crack to WA2 will not yield much incremental gains. I would suggest hold on to Crack untill you can demo WA2.

Jun 5, 2014 at 5:06 AM Post #7,586 of 10,994
Hi,

I am finding an amp for my HD650 and T1. I know that normally most people will chose an amp for HD650 not more than $600. (just for normal case). Firstly I have the same opinion. But after I tried T1 once, I thought I will buy T1 in the next year. So I am thinking to buy an amp which can run both HD650 and T1  well.

I am now living in France, I just check the price of some proper amps, which have good price or good performance. (but I just got some information from internet ). So, I post them here, and hope to get any helps from you :)

1. Violectric HPA  V200
2. CORDA CLASSIC
3. PATHOS AURIUM
4. WOO Audio WA2
5. Schiit LYR

I just got some rough information below :

1. Violectric HPA  V200 (maybe the best balanced choice, price and performance may be both good for this two headphones) 
2. CORDA CLASSIC (I know this is good for T1, but I also heart it seems does not pair with HD650? )
3. PATHOS AURIUM (this is really attractive, but the price is high 1060 euros. Is this amp have a high CP ? I know it can drive most headphones well)
4. WOO Audio WA2 (it is not easy to buy it from Europe.)
5. Schiit LYR (The price is so good, and it is a hot amp in any forums, but I do not know how good it is, someone say it is good, but mostly due to its price and big power)

Thank you for any information you can give. I am not living in big city, so I do not have any chance to listen them... 
redface.gif
  Really hope anyone can give me any suggestions. 

PS : my audio source is PC + Atoll DAC 100 (it is not a hot brand, and made in France. But have good analysis , and maybe digital and cold, cost around 500 euros)

Jun 5, 2014 at 5:15 AM Post #7,587 of 10,994
I've listened to the V200 and Lyr with T1 and HD650 and while both are spectacular, I would say I preferred the V200 more.

Jun 5, 2014 at 5:21 AM Post #7,588 of 10,994
Hi,

I am finding an amp for my HD650 and T1. I know that normally most people will chose an amp for HD650 not more than $600. (just for normal case). Firstly I have the same opinion. But after I tried T1 once, I thought I will buy T1 in the next year. So I am thinking to buy an amp which can run both HD650 and T1  well.

I am now living in France, I just check the price of some proper amps, which have good price or good performance. (but I just got some information from internet ). So, I post them here, and hope to get any helps from you :)

1. Violectric HPA  V200

2. CORDA CLASSIC

3. PATHOS AURIUM

4. WOO Audio WA2

5. Schiit LYR

I just got some rough information below :

1. Violectric HPA  V200 (maybe the best balanced choice, price and performance may be both good for this two headphones) 

2. CORDA CLASSIC (I know this is good for T1, but I also heart it seems does not pair with HD650? )

3. PATHOS AURIUM (this is really attractive, but the price is high 1060 euros. Is this amp have a high CP ? I know it can drive most headphones well)

4. WOO Audio WA2 (it is not easy to buy it from Europe.)

5. Schiit LYR (The price is so good, and it is a hot amp in any forums, but I do not know how good it is, someone say it is good, but mostly due to its price and big power)

Thank you for any information you can give. I am not living in big city, so I do not have any chance to listen them... 
redface.gif
  Really hope anyone can give me any suggestions. 

PS : my audio source is PC + Atoll DAC 100 (it is not a hot brand, and made in France. But have good analysis , and maybe digital and cold, cost around 500 euros)

V200 is a good SS amp, overkill for both T1 and HD650. If you are just looking for a simple amp and don't plan for any add ons (e.g. DAC, balanced cable setup) check out V90. If you are budget conscious (< $500), check out the G103-S or G103-P by lakePeople (same company as Violectric).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back