The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread
Jun 7, 2014 at 2:07 PM Post #7,606 of 10,994
  The Meier Classic is a good pairing with T1 IMHO. Infact I believe one of the the HP's he uses while voicing the Classic is T1. he in fact recommended the T1 when asked which HP pairs best with his amp.

I feel the T1 anemic with Corda, specially at low volumes.

With HD650 i get the wow factor, with T1 , nope...

I dont know, sound perception is something subjective

Jun 7, 2014 at 5:58 PM Post #7,611 of 10,994
The recent price reductions were enough to make me bite the bullet and buy a pair of T1's and order a Bottlehead Crack kit.  Serial number is #17985.  No markings on the cables.  Sounds wonderful even through the Grado headphone amp I will be using until my Crack arrives.

Jun 7, 2014 at 8:22 PM Post #7,615 of 10,994
Hi. 

I have the T1's and the HD650's. I have a Crack Amp Assembled which needs a fix as it's producing static for some reason, and a speed ball upgrade which needs installing. I was also looking for what is likely to be my next step up in amplication to match these two headphones. I don't want to go crazy since there is a definite diminishing return on investment, but is there a major upgrade to be had without spending the earth, or is the Crack Amp with Speed ball the appropriate end game?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Jun 7, 2014 at 9:03 PM Post #7,618 of 10,994
Fair enough, but none of those really are due to the "cables going bad" per se.

It's like saying the gearbox in your car "gone bad" because someone who doesn't know how to drive stick messed it up.

I'm a bit of a long time daily T1 user now and there's absolutely no sign of degradation to its build or sound quality whatsoever. These things are built to last a human lifetime, I hope 
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back