The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread
Mar 2, 2014 at 1:28 AM Post #7,021 of 10,994

Anyone see the video on youtube of a Beyer employee actually making one of these headphones? The lady in the video obviously knows what she is doing but it is hardly more than a mom and pop type operation. It also points to just how small the Beyer facility really is as the reception can be seen from the desk of the lady who is assembling headphones. Somehow I picture Sennheiser as being a much bigger operation (I could be wrong). If you watch the video it is not exactly the fine old world craftsmanship I had pictured.To be fair in the video I saw I believe she was making the DT880 not the T1.

Sorry but I just looked and I could not easily find a link to the video. I saw that video many months ago when someone on the forum had posted a link. Could even be buried in this thread.

Quote:
  It sounds like you're talking about this video.

If you look closely it looks like the Beyer stall at a Trade Show, look at the video at 2:14 mins.

Mar 2, 2014 at 1:57 AM Post #7,022 of 10,994
I have a #1123 from MacedonianHero and it's still in perfect condition. Googling "logo fade t1" only gives 3 slightly relevant results (2 excluding yours). It's just you.

I love how you guys are all smart enough to understand the costs of how to build a headphone. Do you work in the audio industry under headphone manufacturing, research or management, or are you a materials engineer specializing in consumer electronics or audio? No? Then I don't understand how you think you have any idea how costs work, and you shouldn't pretend to do so by listing off prices. If you're ignorant about an area, you only make yourself seem more ignorant by pretending you know about it.

Headphones are not priced in accordance to their material cost - no product is. Trying to predict their cost by materials analysis is completely useless, especially if you haven't actually got a real idea about how they're actually made barring some exclusive information you've read off the web or saw a video of.

Mar 2, 2014 at 1:58 AM Post #7,023 of 10,994
I was really enjoying the K812 thread as the best entertainment on Head-Fi lately, but this may be taking the cake....  things getting awfully heated.

Mar 2, 2014 at 2:09 AM Post #7,024 of 10,994
If you think this thread is getting heated, I'd love to see what you'd say about the other forums I frequent. So far seems pretty normal to me.

Mar 2, 2014 at 2:52 AM Post #7,025 of 10,994
  people really need to stop saying  things like - T1's have better build quality than HD800. I'm sorry but that is just ********. I have both headphones and although at first the T1's look they they have better build materials and might last longer I just don't think that is true. The Beyer logo fades after a few months and the leather binding around the headband comes apart. Also the headband is easily bended and can actually break a lot easier than the HD800. Just because it is made primarily with metal does not mean that it will last longer. 

My HD800's don't have any scratches or marks anywhere. 

the finish on the 800 is known to scratch off, it would be a lot nicer if it were all aluminum.

Mar 2, 2014 at 3:09 AM Post #7,026 of 10,994
I have a #1123 from MacedonianHero and it's still in perfect condition. Googling "logo fade t1" only gives 3 slightly relevant results (2 excluding yours). It's just you.

I love how you guys are all smart enough to understand the costs of how to build a headphone. Do you work in the audio industry under headphone manufacturing, research or management, or are you a materials engineer specializing in consumer electronics or audio? No? Then I don't understand how you think you have any idea how costs work, and you shouldn't pretend to do so by listing off prices. If you're ignorant about an area, you only make yourself seem more ignorant by pretending you know about it.

Headphones are not priced in accordance to their material cost - no product is. Trying to predict their cost by materials analysis is completely useless, especially if you haven't actually got a real idea about how they're actually made barring some exclusive information you've read off the web or saw a video of.

With respect to your comments I can answer yes to all of your questions. Be happy to take this to a pm if you want details.

Mar 2, 2014 at 4:32 AM Post #7,028 of 10,994
Originally Posted by Chodi /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Anyone see the video on youtube of a Beyer employee actually making one of these headphones? The lady in the video obviously knows what she is doing but it is hardly more than a mom and pop type operation. It also points to just how small the Beyer facility really is as the reception can be seen from the desk of the lady who is assembling headphones.

You made me laugh with the above and just goes to show how easy it is to come a conclusion when you base your whole perception of a company on a short clip posted from a stand at a trade show without actually checking!

fyi Beyerdynamic is a multinational company employing hundreds of people world wide with a turnover close to $100 million and they don't just make headphones.

Mar 2, 2014 at 5:06 AM Post #7,029 of 10,994

You made me laugh with the above and just goes to show how easy it is to come a conclusion when you base your whole perception of a company on a short clip posted from a stand at a trade show without actually checking!

fyi Beyerdynamic is a multinational company employing hundreds of people world wide with a turnover close to $100 million and they don't just make headphones.

Yes I was unaware that the video was from a trade show. Odd that they would have the lady working in that way out in the open. Sennheiser annual report shows them with income of $767 million for 2012 (predicted to be up 10% for 2013). If your comment is correct that would make BD about 15% the size of Sennheiser. 

Mar 2, 2014 at 5:30 AM Post #7,030 of 10,994

With respect to your comments I can answer yes to all of your questions. Be happy to take this to a pm if you want details.

oh cool lol, unfortunately you weren't the one listing off prices of the materials in headphones

the video is impressive, but i don't know if it's because it's easy to open and modify the headphones she was working on, or because she's familiar to the process and the process is made to be really modular, that makes it look so easy.

Mar 2, 2014 at 6:49 AM Post #7,032 of 10,994
Can we return please to discussing the various aspects of these headphones that will positively impact the lives of owners and potential owners?

All of the large, major brand headphone manufacturers have similar processes in designing, building and marketing their products (with subtle differences of course which makes each brand unique). What matters in the end is how they sound, if there are any flaws (i.e. parts regularly failing), how they compare with other headphones, how they pair with different amps, etc... all of the different experiences that one might have with a pair of these headphones.

If the price is too much, not enough, or doesn't seem like good value, that's completely up to everyone's opinion and each person's opinion is completely valid, but please let's return to talking about living with and (hopefully) enjoying these headphones.

Mar 2, 2014 at 7:47 AM Post #7,034 of 10,994
http://www.head-fi.org/products/beyerdynamic-tesla-t1/reviews/10587
ph34r.gif
confused_face_2.gif
confused.gif
blink.gif
popcorn.gif

Mar 2, 2014 at 8:15 AM Post #7,035 of 10,994
It wowed me the first time I listened to them. ..i had T1s T90s and HD800S at same time. Didn't like the 90s, liked the 800s even less. Sold both of them. my search is over, I can't imagine anything sounding much better than the T1s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back