The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread
Mar 1, 2014 at 3:34 PM Post #6,991 of 10,994
  Take a look at this 
http://slickdeals.net/f/6574184-sennheiser-hd800-only-889-free-shipping-sold-by-amazon-com-not-third-party

If you check the time stamps of the posts, that supposed listing was up at 6:42 and taken down in 40 MINUTES later. As an Amazon regular I know that's something called a website glitch which has happened a few times with amazon high-end products. It has to do with bugs in amazon's automated pricing algorithm.

The Beyer ad was not a website glitch because it was up for a day (unless buydig is really slow).

Mar 1, 2014 at 3:39 PM Post #6,992 of 10,994

If you check the time stamps of the posts, that supposed listing was up at 6:42 and taken down in 40 MINUTES later. As an Amazon regular I know that's something called a website glitch which has happened a few times with amazon high-end products.

The Beyer ad was not a website glitch because it was up for a day.

Beydynamic is definitely conspiring against you 
wink_face.gif

They don't actually even make anything anyway you see,
It's just a racket designed to trick you and make you complain on a forum somewhere...

Mar 1, 2014 at 3:39 PM Post #6,993 of 10,994
I was able to snag one if these bad boys for $750 brand new from buying.com
smily_headphones1.gif

Only just got t90s last month but this was too good to pass up. Can't wait to listen to flagship headphones

Yep.  I feel your pain since I did the same thing.  I'll sell my T90 and my DT990 when I get around to it.

Mar 1, 2014 at 3:39 PM Post #6,994 of 10,994

Not according to the free market. Based on new and used prices, the market believes the HD800 sounds better.

But I understand where you are coming from. Like I said, I like the distortion created by the SRH940 as it gives music this airy quality. That's only $300.

The "free market" doesn't have ears or care about sound.  Prices of flagships (any of them)  rarely reflect measurable value.

Not a comment on your T1/800 debate, just on the market in general.

Mar 1, 2014 at 3:53 PM Post #6,997 of 10,994

If you check the time stamps of the posts, that supposed listing was up at 6:42 and taken down in 40 MINUTES later. As an Amazon regular I know that's something called a website glitch which has happened a few times with amazon high-end products. It has to do with bugs in amazon's automated pricing algorithm.

The Beyer ad was not a website glitch because it was up for a day (unless buydig is really slow).

You want a Proof: Read a first review:
 http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-HD800-Over-Ear-Circum-Aural-Headphone/product-reviews/B001OTZ8DA/ref=cm_cr_pr_top_recent?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=0&sortBy=bySubmissionDateDescending

Another Sennheiser's  Great Example:

http://slickdeals.net/f/6465062-sennheiser-hd-650-headphones-272-free-shipping, Directly from Sennheiser website, it lasted approximately 20 minutes.

Another proof, read a second review 

http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-9969-HD-650-Headphones/product-reviews/B00018MSNI/ref=cm_cr_pr_btm_link_2?ie=UTF8&pageNumber=2&showViewpoints=0&sortBy=bySubmissionDateDescending

If you do not think HD800 was sold at $889, go to Sennheiser fan pages and ask someone there, I bet you at least 3 people who I know bought them for $889.   

If think Audio companies should not discount their products and the price should be stable, what is the purpose of "BACK FRIDAY"?????

Mar 1, 2014 at 3:59 PM Post #6,998 of 10,994

You want a Proof: Read a first review:
 http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-HD800-Over-Ear-Circum-Aural-Headphone/product-reviews/B001OTZ8DA/ref=cm_cr_pr_top_recent?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=0&sortBy=bySubmissionDateDescending

Another Sennheiser's  Great Example:

http://slickdeals.net/f/6465062-sennheiser-hd-650-headphones-272-free-shipping, Directly from Sennheiser website, it lasted approximately 20 minutes.

Another proof, read a second review 

http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-9969-HD-650-Headphones/product-reviews/B00018MSNI/ref=cm_cr_pr_btm_link_2?ie=UTF8&pageNumber=2&showViewpoints=0&sortBy=bySubmissionDateDescending

If you do not think HD800 was sold at $889, go to Sennheiser fan pages and ask someone there, I bet you at least 3 people who I know bought them for $889.   

If think Audio companies should not discount their products and the price should be stable, what is the purpose of "BACK FRIDAY"?????

Amazon honors the glitches. They have to because you have a contract with them. It's not just amazon either. I have a friend who purchased a Panasonic TV directly from the company based on one of these glitches and they tried to back out, and it turned into a huge back and forth. This is a well known problem with internet website price setting algorithms. It happens all the time. But it has nothing to do with anything.

Now, I linked you numerous long deals, that were neither glitches or black friday charity events, where you can get a T1 for $720 or so (excluding shipping).

I'm still waiting for a listing of HD800s for less than $1,500. Based on the fact that you've dug down to HD650 listings (that I didn't look at nor do I care about) I think we can conclude that you won't find any.

Mar 1, 2014 at 4:22 PM Post #7,001 of 10,994
As much as I love my T1, I think ag8908 raised a very good point. I don't think anyone can deny that of all flagship headphones, the T1 is offered at insane discount prices far more frequently than the rest. I too wonder why.

Mar 1, 2014 at 5:25 PM Post #7,003 of 10,994
If you want a refurbished hd800 from an authorized dealer with full warranty Crutchfield has (or did in the past) them for $1100. Not sure if theyre refurbd, demo units, or returns.

Thats all i got. Haven't been in the market for one in a while.

Mar 1, 2014 at 7:50 PM Post #7,004 of 10,994
Wow, I didn't think this discussion drags on this far. Good luck to you ag8908. I pity you though, you peg headphone quality by the price tag. Better read up more on how the market economy works. A company's reputation is not only measured by how much it intends to sell it's products. I hate to break it to you but any manufacturer or a company out there is only loyal to itself and it's shareholders. I think you are confusing reputation with loyalty. Only consumers can be blindly loyal to a brand. Consumers look at a company's reputation to give them indicators if it is good to deal with. But manufactures will do what it can sell you anything. All that matters to them at the end of the day is profit.

I'm not sure you heard of Fostex T50RP, MrSpeakers Mad Dogs and Alpha Dogs. They have been priced way less than the flagship you mention but they definitely can compete sonic-wise. Of course they don't completely beat those flagships but they can go toe to toe or beat them in a couple of aspects. Only goes to show the price tag has nothing to do with performance.

Mar 1, 2014 at 8:38 PM Post #7,005 of 10,994
people really need to stop saying  things like - T1's have better build quality than HD800. I'm sorry but that is just ********. I have both headphones and although at first the T1's look they they have better build materials and might last longer I just don't think that is true. The Beyer logo fades after a few months and the leather binding around the headband comes apart. Also the headband is easily bended and can actually break a lot easier than the HD800. Just because it is made primarily with metal does not mean that it will last longer. 

My HD800's don't have any scratches or marks anywhere. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back