The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread
Jan 30, 2014 at 9:13 AM Post #6,616 of 10,994

It's not that it's bad, just that I am much more aware of extra treble energy at lower volumes than at moderate (not high) volumes. It seems there is more balance at slightly higher volumes.

As for your comments about hearing - it's a really good point and part of the reason for my question. I had Bell's Palsy a little over a year ago and my ears are definitely more sensitive to treble since around that time (leading up to it and since). I'm hoping to fully overcome the symptoms with some ongoing chiro work, but it's so subtle now that I can't tell if it's my ears being 1-2% more sensitive than normal or if it's a real characteristic of the amp / cans I'm using.

Do you get the same problem from your S.E.X. (never thought I would say that in a headphone forum o.0) might be a tube problem?

Jan 30, 2014 at 9:54 AM Post #6,617 of 10,994
Congrats! They're a wonderful headphone, no doubt. Look forward to your impressions with the incoming amp.

Thanks.

It arrived today. First impression based on very limited exposure is that it's a very nice SS amp, but not a massive improvement on the Vali. I will get some alone time with both of them tomorrow, and give a more detailed report.

EDIT:
What I /can/ say is that the build quality of the A20 is astonishing and impressive. Everything about it just oozes snug fit, surprising heft and Audi-like crispness. Even plugging in the headphones is an experience. A soundless, crisp "snick"... Not that any of that should matter, but holy crap - the physical presence is imposing, especially considering that it's an inanimate object. Slightly intimidating.

Jan 30, 2014 at 4:58 PM Post #6,620 of 10,994
I pulled the trigger on the T1 from the Sonic Sense deal.  They arrived DOA, no sound out of the left channel.  Now according to Sonic's website, I need to send them back and pay shipping both ways.  Looks like I'm out at least 50 more bucks, and probably 2 weeks of time.  Still a good deal, but getting less so by the minute :frowning2:

Jan 30, 2014 at 5:17 PM Post #6,621 of 10,994
  I pulled the trigger on the T1 from the Sonic Sense deal.  They arrived DOA, no sound out of the left channel.  Now according to Sonic's website, I need to send them back and pay shipping both ways.  Looks like I'm out at least 50 more bucks, and probably 2 weeks of time.  Still a good deal, but getting less so by the minute :frowning2:

Got mine the same way three weeks ago, working perfectly.  Are they going to repair, or replace them?  I would think since they are DOA, they would pay for shipping at least one way, to be fair!

Jan 30, 2014 at 7:10 PM Post #6,623 of 10,994
Just received #13464.  Looking forward to some serious listening time this weekend.

Jeremy
Senn HD 560 II, Beyer T1

Jan 30, 2014 at 8:33 PM Post #6,624 of 10,994
Originally Posted by Timmyw /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It's strange but I never realised how taxing it was to listen to the T1, they demand your attention and concentration. That is a weird thing to discover; I find it hard to relax with these things on my head. It's even more confusing that I never really noticed. I think you all might understand what I mean it's late and I am having a hard time explaining myself I've never been much good at explaining sound.

Wow this is so true, I never realized how much more I'm engaged/actively listening with my T1s than other headphones.
It's 'the magic'. 
beyersmile.png

Jan 30, 2014 at 10:02 PM Post #6,626 of 10,994

Did everything appear new? Any evidence of a refurb?

Jan 31, 2014 at 5:29 AM Post #6,627 of 10,994
I wish I could get the T1 sound in a closed back headphone with proper sound isolation. Any background noise at all, even something as silent as pc fan noise can ruin the experience, it defeats the entire purpose of all the technical specs in the rest of setup.

Jan 31, 2014 at 5:40 AM Post #6,628 of 10,994
I wish I could get the T1 sound in a closed back headphone with proper sound isolation. Any background noise at all, even something as silent as pc fan noise can ruin the experience, it defeats the entire purpose of all the technical specs in the rest of setup.

Noisy PC
redface.gif

Jan 31, 2014 at 10:32 AM Post #6,629 of 10,994

What do you think about using the Bose QuietComfort 15?  
biggrin.gif

Jan 31, 2014 at 11:12 AM Post #6,630 of 10,994

http://jaben.net/shopping2/BBeyer-T1/T5P.html

https://es-es.facebook.com/notes/jaben-network/a-rather-alluring-review-of-the-beyerdynamic-t5p-balanced-/10151372861028185

I heard the balanced /modded T5p before.... it was very impressive, nothing like the bass anemic stock T5p..
i think they are using the T1 cable with some modding in the cups perhaps..cant confirm it.

======

There is a pair for sale in the sales forum some months back...not sure if its sold.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back