The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread
May 26, 2016 at 1:06 PM Post #10,186 of 10,994
Just replaced my original T1 pads for the 990's EDT990VB from amazon.ca. I really don't notice any difference. Sound the same, feel the same, the padding MIGHT be a little more more dense in my original T1's but its been so long since I felt them new I can't remember. Regardless, seems like a solid replacement.

May 26, 2016 at 1:19 PM Post #10,188 of 10,994
  Just replaced my original T1 pads for the 990's EDT990VB from amazon.ca. I really don't notice any difference. Sound the same, feel the same, the padding MIGHT be a little more more dense in my original T1's but its been so long since I felt them new I can't remember. Regardless, seems like a solid replacement.

Thanks for this info, I not going to worry about my pads anymore.

May 26, 2016 at 2:58 PM Post #10,189 of 10,994
I've been using the very same pair of earpads that my T1 came with when I bought it four and a half years ago! These are top quality. Just keep 'm clean and store your T1 correctly.

I think a mistake that A LOT of Head-fi'ers make is to store their headphones on headphone stands that touch the pads all over their surface. Of course they're gonna wear down quicker if they're under pressure 24/7. 

Personally I'm using a Woo Audio "r"-style black stand that allows your headphone to hang freely from its band. Built to last a lifetime, and so is the T1 :)

May 26, 2016 at 3:09 PM Post #10,190 of 10,994
I've been using the very same pair of earpads that my T1 came with when I bought it four and a half years ago! These are top quality. Just keep 'm clean and store your T1 correctly.

I think a mistake that A LOT of Head-fi'ers make is to store their headphones on headphone stands that touch the pads all over their surface. Of course they're gonna wear down quicker if they're under pressure 24/7. 

Personally I'm using a Woo Audio "r"-style black stand that allows your headphone to hang freely from its band. Built to last a lifetime, and so is the T1 :)
We have a smart minds in head fi:). I will never understand why so many people are using these Omega wooden stands which compress earpads badly...

May 26, 2016 at 5:15 PM Post #10,191 of 10,994
We have a smart minds in head fi:). I will never understand why so many people are using these Omega wooden stands which compress earpads badly...

Agree with not using Omega style headphone stand, I got a cheap plastic one and I noticed that the pads on my HE-400 were getting out of shape and haven't used it since.

May 26, 2016 at 6:10 PM Post #10,192 of 10,994
Agree with not using Omega style headphone stand, I got a cheap plastic one and I noticed that the pads on my HE-400 were getting out of shape and haven't used it since.
Mine HD650 and T1 are still in boxes all the time, if not used:). As RazorJack said, Stand that can let headphones to hang freely is perfect. I should buy it someda... Such stand is not only good for earpads longevity, but also for headband.

May 26, 2016 at 11:40 PM Post #10,195 of 10,994
Nice one David, where did you buy it?

Got it from Amazon but had to DIY the top part with closed cell foam and leather:
http://www.amazon.com/LUXA2-HO-HDP-ALE1SI-00-Headphone-Sennheiser-Plantronics/dp/B00MCVOILM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1464320413&sr=8-1&keywords=headphone+stand+aluminum

I've been working on making a stand with legs from a tripod (adjustable height) and a section of 12" PVC pipe covered with foam and leather, hope to have it done in a few weeks.  Similar to the Woo Audio stand but slightly larger to support the weight of LCD-2 or HE-400

May 27, 2016 at 9:54 AM Post #10,197 of 10,994
Got it from Amazon but had to DIY the top part with closed cell foam and leather:
http://www.amazon.com/LUXA2-HO-HDP-ALE1SI-00-Headphone-Sennheiser-Plantronics/dp/B00MCVOILM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1464320413&sr=8-1&keywords=headphone+stand+aluminum

I've been working on making a stand with legs from a tripod (adjustable height) and a section of 12" PVC pipe covered with foam and leather, hope to have it done in a few weeks.  Similar to the Woo Audio stand but slightly larger to support the weight of LCD-2 or HE-400
Thanks

May 27, 2016 at 11:20 AM Post #10,198 of 10,994
There's a great thread here on DIY stands.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/249671/the-diy-headphone-stand-thread/1575

If you are near Ikea and are handy, you can put together a very nice single or double stand. 

here's one I made with instructions here post #6914

May 27, 2016 at 3:03 PM Post #10,199 of 10,994
I too have never quite understood headphone stands.

I have found these Adhesive Hooks work nicely for most of my HPs

Not sure where my fancy T1 box is....never quite understood that concept either;  appears the T1 gen2 is no longer delivered in an aluminum case, nor does it have leather in the headband both of which have no effect on the sound which is what is most important.  It does provide a bit more profit margin for beyer I suspect.

Jun 4, 2016 at 12:52 AM Post #10,200 of 10,994
LOL yah, I'm thinking about designing/building headphone stands that don't squish the pads. I'll make some out of imported African padauk for those that think it will restore resonance in the cup cavity. For everyone else, I'll make it from sapele or mahogany from home depot. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back