The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread
Mar 3, 2016 at 7:17 AM Post #9,976 of 10,994
still my favorite after all these years(hd800)
basshead.gif

ok, i've been using t1.2 more lately
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 3, 2016 at 8:46 AM Post #9,977 of 10,994

It won't be fair for me to say how much the two mods cost me personally, as they were done for me at unusually discounted prices, owing to peculiar circumstances. It would be better to contact Peterek himself for price quotes if you're interested :

http://www.head-fi.org/u/348881/peterek

Mar 3, 2016 at 7:51 PM Post #9,978 of 10,994
Thanks, will eventually send some of my headphones his way, especially when I get my hands on a T1 gen 1. :grin:

It won't be fair for me to say how much the two mods cost me personally, as they were done for me at unusually discounted prices, owing to peculiar circumstances. It would be better to contact Peterek himself for price quotes if you're interested :

http://www.head-fi.org/u/348881/peterek

Mar 4, 2016 at 6:43 AM Post #9,980 of 10,994
Page 666... not bad...

While I still like the original T1 a bit better than the 2. Gen., I've decided to let go... just too many headphones, I cannot do them justice anymore.
Pretty much agree with you. I think first T1 is clearly better! Can you tell me a few reasons why you like first T1 better? I liked T1v1 better, because it was airier, faster and whole midrange was more balanced top to bottom.

Mar 4, 2016 at 6:52 AM Post #9,981 of 10,994
Pretty much agree with you. I think first T1 is clearly better! Can you tell me a few reasons why you like first T1 better? I liked T1v1 better, because it was airier, faster and whole midrange was more balanced top to bottom.

Yes, thats about my take as well... While I would not characterize it as aggressive, faster describes the difference quite well. The new one is just a bit too smooth for my taste, but I can understand many will like that. And yes, airier as well... the old T1 let my music float around my head, with many small effects popping up here and there, easy to spot but not piercing, floating free...

Mar 4, 2016 at 2:05 PM Post #9,982 of 10,994

Yes, thats about my take as well... While I would not characterize it as aggressive, faster describes the difference quite well. The new one is just a bit too smooth for my taste, but I can understand many will like that. And yes, airier as well... the old T1 let my music float around my head, with many small effects popping up here and there, easy to spot but not piercing, floating free...

What are your T1 v1's serial numbers? (No need exact numbers, but the range: '05xx' you know...)

Thanks!

Mar 4, 2016 at 2:35 PM Post #9,984 of 10,994
I absolutely love the T1 V1.  When I go back to my other headphones, they sound foggy.  The detail and clarity on the T1 is just miles better, as is the imaging.  My other 2 are closed headphones.   I'm thinking about selling them and getting the Beyerdynamic T5p.  I'm hoping to have a comparable open and closed choice of listening.  I'm wondering if the V1 is also preferable to the V2 for the T5p?  I don't see much feedback out there.

Mar 4, 2016 at 2:58 PM Post #9,985 of 10,994
What are your T1 v1's serial numbers? (No need exact numbers, but the range: '05xx' you know...)

Thanks!
I dont have it, i just know it well, because i listened with my dealers T1:wink: also my close friend have it. If i remember correctly one T1 was 4XXXX and other 3XXXX. Both sounded almost identical.

Mar 4, 2016 at 4:55 PM Post #9,986 of 10,994

Mine is #2517

Thanks.

There's some evidence that early T1s v1 were colder than late T1s v1.
Then T1s v2 are even warmer than late T1s v1

Mar 4, 2016 at 5:00 PM Post #9,987 of 10,994
I dont have it, i just know it well, because i listened with my dealers T1:wink: also my close friend have it. If i remember correctly one T1 was 4XXXX and other 3XXXX. Both sounded almost identical.

4XXXX seems too high for a T1 v1

Do you mean 4XXX?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back