The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread
Oct 14, 2014 at 8:00 PM Post #8,041 of 10,994
Wooo! with the T1 at home they're quite fun.
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 15, 2014 at 6:55 AM Post #8,043 of 10,994
  been using them in place of my LCD-X for a few days now to give my head a break and to be honest i am missing the fuller body and magic of the X 
frown.gif

Yeah, as awesome as the T1s are, if you're used to the LCD-X it's really going to be a tough adjustment. And that's NOT a knock on the T1s! 

Oct 15, 2014 at 7:04 AM Post #8,044 of 10,994

Yeah, as awesome as the T1s are, if you're used to the LCD-X it's really going to be a tough adjustment. And that's NOT a knock on the T1s! 

it wasn't all that bad, the t1's helped ease the blow of selling my lcd x's  greatly !

Oct 15, 2014 at 8:25 AM Post #8,046 of 10,994

I guess I won't suffer a blow from selling my LCD-3F  :)  Now to install 4pin or dual 3pin XLR on the connector of the T1. Question... Which one would be recommened? 4pin (smaller) or 3 pin (extra 2 pins for ground)

Depends on what you plan to plug it in to (the most).  Currently I have an Oppo HA-1 with a 4 pin XLR, so that's what I terminated all my high end phones in (including the T1). 

Less bulky to use single-ended as well, as I also made a 4pin XLR to 1/4" plug adapter.

Oct 15, 2014 at 8:28 AM Post #8,047 of 10,994

I guess I won't suffer a blow from selling my LCD-3F  :)  Now to install 4pin or dual 3pin XLR on the connector of the T1. Question... Which one would be recommened? 4pin (smaller) or 3 pin (extra 2 pins for ground)

I have the same question, if there really is a difference between the two, I'm going to have mini xlr's installed in my cups and after that
will go about getting a balanced cable

Oct 15, 2014 at 8:56 AM Post #8,048 of 10,994
  Depends on what you plan to plug it in to (the most).  Currently I have an Oppo HA-1 with a 4 pin XLR, so that's what I terminated all my high end phones in (including the T1). 

Less bulky to use single-ended as well, as I also made a 4pin XLR to 1/4" plug adapter.

My amp Master-8  has both 4pin  and dual 3pin input. Also the fact that there's a big pure copper strand in side that's used for ground so I don't know if leaving it disconected will be bad or not.

Oct 15, 2014 at 10:13 AM Post #8,049 of 10,994

My amp Master-8  has both 4pin  and dual 3pin input. Also the fact that there's a big pure copper strand in side that's used for ground so I don't know if leaving it disconected will be bad or not.

I left mine disconnected, as recommended, when I re-terminated mine. No idea if it makes a difference sound wise but no electrical issues noted.

Oct 15, 2014 at 10:14 AM Post #8,050 of 10,994
So I sent my T1 for repair. There was a gap between the plastic outer casing on the left cup when I bought it. Noticed it in April this year not long after I had purchased it. I thought I could ignore it, along with the fact that I didn't want to part with the great sounding headphones. It's been at the back of my mind ever since, and I finally decided to remedy it.

I've been informed it will be 3 weeks. I suppose it's not too bad a wait... But it's put a dampener on my experience with beyer's product control.

Oct 16, 2014 at 7:54 AM Post #8,051 of 10,994
  So I sent my T1 for repair. There was a gap between the plastic outer casing on the left cup when I bought it. Noticed it in April this year not long after I had purchased it. I thought I could ignore it, along with the fact that I didn't want to part with the great sounding headphones. It's been at the back of my mind ever since, and I finally decided to remedy it.

I've been informed it will be 3 weeks. I suppose it's not too bad a wait... But it's put a dampener on my experience with beyer's product control.

Brother you need to take a lint roller to those pads pronto style! 

Oct 16, 2014 at 8:15 AM Post #8,052 of 10,994

Brother you need to take a lint roller to those pads pronto style! 

i need a lint roller myself ! 
although i got some duct tape and packing tape !

Oct 16, 2014 at 8:19 AM Post #8,053 of 10,994
Be careful with those rollers though , the adhesives are not all similar . I once had one took off a piece of my pads
Those Beyerdynamic pad covers work great , if they still sell them and are washable too

Oct 17, 2014 at 7:25 PM Post #8,055 of 10,994
Opened conector to take a look,  cables don't resemble anything posted by another user, don't know which ones to conect to XLR. :C

White, red,  blue or green ,  pure copper and one that seems silver if I'm not mistaken.   Clear cable seems not existant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back