The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Feb 28, 2021 at 6:59 PM Post #16,141 of 23,533
Hello everyone I have the big honor to present you my new ultimate rig!

This is going to be a big surprise for a lot of friends here but it is what I consider in conjunction with sp2000 cu the best portable setup!

I loved my noir and had an exceptional journey with them, it was a lot of bliss and love. I decided to go back to the original fourté og !!!

And VOILA I present The Grand Fourté 🥰❤️♥️

Congrats Vitaly! Enjoy them in good health!

Which eartips are you using with them?

Feb 28, 2021 at 7:12 PM Post #16,142 of 23,533
His reviews which I much enjoyed as they are very insightful and unbiased. Your shootout was well written as well and you are good at translating thoughts into words too. Hope to see more good written reviews. Cheers.
I think it's completely impossible to completely remove bias. Been trying to get A12t impressions going, and I've been trying to make it not sound like a love letter.

What I like most is that Daniel doesn't make a subjective statement in his reviews of whether a particular piece of gear is "good" or not.

My favourite parts are the "You might like this if" and "You might not like this if". A lot of reviewers doing something similar but usually in contrast to other gear, whereas his are in the context of the item itself. If you have a good idea of what your preferences are, it's extremely helpful. Inversely if you are just starting it's also very useful to have something to put what you're hearing to a description. I've been on both sides and can attest to that myself.

Then there's the macro photography, oh nellllly.

Feb 28, 2021 at 10:45 PM Post #16,143 of 23,533
I think it's completely impossible to completely remove bias. Been trying to get A12t impressions going, and I've been trying to make it not sound like a love letter.

What I like most is that Daniel doesn't make a subjective statement in his reviews of whether a particular piece of gear is "good" or not.

My favourite parts are the "You might like this if" and "You might not like this if". A lot of reviewers doing something similar but usually in contrast to other gear, whereas his are in the context of the item itself. If you have a good idea of what your preferences are, it's extremely helpful. Inversely if you are just starting it's also very useful to have something to put what you're hearing to a description. I've been on both sides and can attest to that myself.

Agree. I’m sure he has a favorite one just like all of us but I do feel that he’s being as neutral as possible :relaxed: I do understand the constraints of reviewing and I don’t like reviews that are all positives only.

Mar 1, 2021 at 2:45 AM Post #16,144 of 23,533
So....i just heard my fourte paired up with the Effect Audio Leonidas ii Octa. (Kaan Alpha as source). I highly recommend YOU DON'T listen to this pairing. I now have no choice but to purchase said cable because the pairing cannot be unheard in my ears....dammit!!

Mar 1, 2021 at 3:13 AM Post #16,145 of 23,533
Great review and writing! It still amazes me how well Layla still competes well with newer IEMs.

Agree. I’m sure he has a favorite one just like all of us but I do feel that he’s being as neutral as possible :relaxed: I do understand the constraints of reviewing and I don’t like reviews that are all positives only.

giphy.gif

'Really, really appreciate the kind words, folks. They truly are what keep me going. As far as favourites... I'll talk about that when I retire. :wink:

Mar 1, 2021 at 6:47 AM Post #16,147 of 23,533
So....i just heard my fourte paired up with the Effect Audio Leonidas ii Octa. (Kaan Alpha as source). I highly recommend YOU DON'T listen to this pairing. I now have no choice but to purchase said cable because the pairing cannot be unheard in my ears....dammit!!
How is the stock Fourte sound improved with the EA? Have you compared PW Audio 1960 2-wire as another option?

Would be interesting to see what changes different upgrade cables bring and which cable has the best synergy with the Fourte.

Mar 1, 2021 at 7:15 AM Post #16,148 of 23,533
How is the stock Fourte sound improved with the EA? Have you compared PW Audio 1960 2-wire as another option?

Would be interesting to see what changes different upgrade cables bring and which cable has the best synergy with the Fourte.
I get a greater sense of depth/clarity in everything especially the bass. Everything that makes the fourte so special to me is enhanced even more from soundstage to that special sub bass. This extra clarity all round gives me an even stronger concert feel (that quirky tonality) that the stock sound already gave me.

Never was a big Cable guy but did get to A/B Thor 2 + (authoritative but not what I was after in the treble) and the 64 audio premium silver (smooth and a bit more lush but wasn't what I was after in my fourte) and then Leonadis 2 octa (which just made everything clearer but with enhanced soundstage/seperation.)

I really wish I could have unheard the Leo 2 Octa, but what's done is done.

Haven't tried the PW Audio 1960 though.

Last edited:
Mar 1, 2021 at 7:59 AM Post #16,149 of 23,533
I get a greater sense of depth/clarity in everything especially the bass. Everything that makes the fourte so special to me is enhanced even more from soundstage to that special sub bass. This extra clarity all round gives me an even stronger concert feel (that quirky tonality) that the stock sound already gave me.

Never was a big Cable guy but did get to A/B Thor 2 + (authoritative but not what I was after in the treble) and the 64 audio premium silver (smooth and a bit more lush but wasn't what I was after in my fourte) and then Leonadis 2 octa (which just made everything clearer but with enhanced soundstage/seperation.)

I really wish I could unheard the Leo 2 Octa, but what's done is done.

Haven't tried the PW Audio 1960 though.
Thanks. Your source with the Leonidas Octa together, I’m surprised you don’t find the combination is perhaps too bright.

Mar 1, 2021 at 9:01 AM Post #16,150 of 23,533

I pair my fourte with pw 1960 2 wire. I have tried stock, ea aries ii, penon os849, moon black and silver. The pw offers great ergonomics ( soft, no memory, minimal microphonics ). For me it totally smooths out the treble and tightens the already fast bass while keeping the already great mids. It defines instrument placement while keeping the expansive soundstage. It was expensive but my Utopia and HD800s are not getting as much use. I tried the pw on my legend x and although great there as well, I returned it to where it will stay. 64Audio Fourte.

BTW, as far as stock cables go the og has great sound but it‘s a tangly mess.

Mar 1, 2021 at 10:09 AM Post #16,151 of 23,533
I pair my fourte with pw 1960 2 wire. I have tried stock, ea aries ii, penon os849, moon black and silver. The pw offers great ergonomics ( soft, no memory, minimal microphonics ). For me it totally smooths out the treble and tightens the already fast bass while keeping the already great mids. It defines instrument placement while keeping the expansive soundstage. It was expensive but my Utopia and HD800s are not getting as much use. I tried the pw on my legend x and although great there as well, I returned it to where it will stay. 64Audio Fourte.

BTW, as far as stock cables go the og has great sound but it‘s a tangly mess.
Thanks. I understand the 1960 improves the Fourte’s low end grunt and smoothen the mid, while keeping the clarity and spacious soundstage. Although I like the improvement (especially in the more powerful bass response), I feel it somehow dampen the overall transients a bit. I will need to test further to be sure. I’m also keen to check out the Leonidas Octa as well but will be hard to find demo.

Mar 1, 2021 at 12:24 PM Post #16,152 of 23,533
Ah, bummer. I kept seeing the foam mentioned in reviews post rebrand and thought maybe I didn't get it because of the discount or some sort of oversight.

I took a look at the site as well and it seems the images they use to show the accessories are also showing that piece of foam as well.

Would be nice for a bit of consistency at least from them as what to expect.
Hello, thanks for bringing this up. To correct the record on the foam insert in question it was always meant to be a temporary piece that the customer would toss after receiving the IEMs, mostly used for initial presentation. The problem we encountered was that the glue, used to secure the two layers of foam, was leaving residue on the IEMs in transit. We made a decision to remove the foam inserts while working on a solution.

64 Audio Stay updated on 64 Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/64audio https://twitter.com/64audio https://instagram.com/64audio https://www.64audio.com/ info@64audio.com
Mar 1, 2021 at 1:54 PM Post #16,153 of 23,533
Hello, thanks for bringing this up. To correct the record on the foam insert in question it was always meant to be a temporary piece that the customer would toss after receiving the IEMs, mostly used for initial presentation. The problem we encountered was that the glue, used to secure the two layers of foam, was leaving residue on the IEMs in transit. We made a decision to remove the foam inserts while working on a solution.
I've got a question concerning the omission of the foam insert; I purchased the U12T a couple weeks ago - was this foam insert used to hold the clip and the cleaning tool? I noticed that these two items were not included in my package.

Thank you

Mar 1, 2021 at 2:14 PM Post #16,154 of 23,533
I've got a question concerning the omission of the foam insert; I purchased the U12T a couple weeks ago - was this foam insert used to hold the clip and the cleaning tool? I noticed that these two items were not included in my package.

Thank you
Hi, thanks for your question, the Universal IEMs ship with our leather case which doesn't have that accessory insert. The universal IEMs also do not include the clip and cleaning tool. If you scroll all the way to the bottom of the product page, we outline everything that should come in your package

64 Audio Stay updated on 64 Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/64audio https://twitter.com/64audio https://instagram.com/64audio https://www.64audio.com/ info@64audio.com
Mar 1, 2021 at 2:29 PM Post #16,155 of 23,533
Hi, thanks for your question, the Universal IEMs ship with our leather case which doesn't have that accessory insert. The universal IEMs also do not include the clip and cleaning tool. If you scroll all the way to the bottom of the product page, we outline everything that should come in your package
Thank you for the quick reply - wanted to complement the new case BTW. While I like how the old case kept the IEM separated, it was tough on my aftermarket cable...wound it up too tight.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back