The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Feb 27, 2021 at 7:25 AM Post #16,111 of 23,565
Ely vs Nio MX would actually be quite interesting, come to think of it
Thanks! I may have to go back with the MX and give another listen to compare. It would certainly be more technical. Even though it appears there would be less quantity, I'll be interested in the texture and quality.

Attachments

• graph (1).png
    graph (1).png
    297.7 KB · Views: 0
Feb 27, 2021 at 7:35 AM Post #16,112 of 23,565
Interesting indeed. Haven’t heard the Ely myself but owned the Trio before. It did a lot of things very, very well....vocals were not, to my ears, one of them though. Whereas the Ely has al almost God like status when it comes to vocals.
It is the Elysium’s God like status that I’m intrigued by. The best mids I’ve heard so far is from the Ambient Acoustic MAD24. This was an eye opener for good separation, layering and vocals in the midrange and easily outperformed the Trio. I am aware though that the Elysium is famed for the mids. They would be a blind buy for me though and I’m always a bit hesitant to drop cash in that situation.

Feb 27, 2021 at 7:47 AM Post #16,113 of 23,565
I really liked that review. The fact that you separated the songs out into different components to compare both IEMs was really useful. Especially as I was think seriously about buying an Elysium.
Thanks!

The Elysium is certainly a master at many things, mids being at the top of the list, imaging and separation a close tie for second. It's definitely special.

I'd say it depends on how much bass you want and whether or not you find BA bass works for you. I know many do well with BA bass.

It probably also depends on what genres of music you listen to. If you mainly listen to EDM and rap, there are probably better options. But for acoustic, rock, probably classical (though I haven't yet listened to that with the Ely), it shines.

Last edited:
Feb 27, 2021 at 10:21 AM Post #16,114 of 23,565
My review of @64Audio's A18s is now live on THL! I'd really appreciate it if you gave it a read and found out what I think of my most-used IEM of 2020. And, as a reminder, 64's 15% sale ends tomorrow on their website, and it'll run 'til March 31st through their Singaporean dealers: AV One, E1 Personal Audio and Music Sanctuary. As always, I hope you all enjoy. Cheers! :)

Last edited:
Feb 27, 2021 at 11:17 AM Post #16,115 of 23,565
Awesome review of the A18s! I agree with your findings on both the 18 driver ciems of 64 Audio. I feel that they compliment each other and that is the exact reason I'm married to both of them. :)

Feb 27, 2021 at 11:33 AM Post #16,116 of 23,565
Awesome review of the A18s! I agree with your findings on both the 18 driver ciems of 64 Audio. I feel that they compliment each other and that is the exact reason I'm married to both of them. :)

Thanks, man! I'm glad you enjoyed it, and I'm glad you're enjoying both your 18's too. :wink:

Feb 27, 2021 at 11:38 AM Post #16,117 of 23,565
Hello everyone I have the big honor to present you my new ultimate rig!

This is going to be a big surprise for a lot of friends here but it is what I consider in conjunction with sp2000 cu the best portable setup!

I loved my noir and had an exceptional journey with them, it was a lot of bliss and love. I decided to go back to the original fourté og !!!

And VOILA I present The Grand Fourté 🥰❤️♥️
Congrats for the new setup and welcome back to the Fourte OG gang :relaxed:

Hi guys,
For Tia Fourte owners
Just curious on what iem cable you guys partner up with the fourte? and how it makes a difference to the stock sound?
I’m now using 64 Audio Silver Premium cable on the Fourte. I find it a little smoother than the stock cable, and i like it’s softer and less tangles.

Feb 27, 2021 at 1:02 PM Post #16,118 of 23,565
Hi guys,
For Tia Fourte owners
Just curious on what iem cable you guys partner up with the fourte? and how it makes a difference to the stock sound?

Synergy wise, so far my favourite still with effect audio Leonidas II. This cable is so melodious, smooth, kind of a bit relax in presentation, with clean black background.

Feb 27, 2021 at 1:22 PM Post #16,119 of 23,565
I’m now using 64 Audio Silver Premium cable on the Fourte. I find it a little smoother than the stock cable, and i like it’s softer and less tangles.
Synergy wise, so far my favourite still with effect audio Leonidas II. This cable is so melodious, smooth, kind of a bit relax in presentation, with clean black background.
I have both of these, so it looks like I'm all set once the Fourte comes in. :) Can't wait!

Feb 27, 2021 at 1:27 PM Post #16,120 of 23,565
Since we are talking cables,which type of 0.78 2 pin is 64 audio when ordering a cable? Just regular?

Feb 27, 2021 at 1:32 PM Post #16,121 of 23,565
Since we are talking cables,which type of 0.78 2 pin is 64 audio when ordering a cable? Just regular?

If you have the U12t, both non-recessed and recessed 2-pin connectors will work. But, if you want to be able to use those cables with other IEMs, the recessed 2-pin connectors would be ideal, because they'll work with both recessed and non-recessed 2-pin sockets.

Feb 27, 2021 at 1:40 PM Post #16,122 of 23,565
Aha, recessed it will be! I want an cable with modular jacks. Like dunu duw 02 i think? Hope it has recessed pins. A little to expensive but maybe i can find one used with 3.5mm and 4.4mm jacks

Feb 27, 2021 at 1:42 PM Post #16,123 of 23,565
Aha, recessed it will be! I want an cable with modular jacks. Like dunu duw 02 i think? Hope it has recessed pins. A little to expensive but maybe i can find one used with 3.5mm and 4.4mm jacks

I've just looked up images of it online, and it does have recessed connectors.

Feb 27, 2021 at 1:43 PM Post #16,124 of 23,565
The DUW02 is the cable I bought from my Trio that is arriving. Seems like a really good cable.

Feb 27, 2021 at 1:48 PM Post #16,125 of 23,565

I’d say modular pins cables are more useful though. For jacks you could use adapters, and new DAPs comes with 3.5mm and 4.4mm with some even having all 2.5, 3.5 and 4.4.
However modular pins like changing from 2-pin to mmcx is more useful. Granted there are adapters for that as well, but pins are more fragile to break than jacks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back