The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Feb 27, 2021 at 2:47 PM Post #16,126 of 23,565
Thanks!

I was definitely surprised at how well it did. Imagine it would be even better with the MX module. May have to go back and compare things again.

The M0 module is great, though the one I have doesn't fit as snugly as the 64 modules.
My undersyanding is the Fir apex modules have a slightly different diameter. Does this result in less isolation?

Feb 27, 2021 at 6:15 PM Post #16,128 of 23,565
Thanks for the responses about cables. But to ponder about.
Has anyone tried fourte with 64audios own premium silver cable? You’d think that 64 audios premium top end cable will synergies with their own flagship iem.

I’m tossing up between Thor 2 +,64 premium silver or even if I can stretch budget the leonidis ii

Feb 27, 2021 at 6:20 PM Post #16,129 of 23,565
Congrats for the new setup and welcome back to the Fourte OG gang :relaxed:

I’m now using 64 Audio Silver Premium cable on the Fourte. I find it a little smoother than the stock cable, and i like it’s softer and less tangles.
Sorry i missed your reply!
Awesome. Thanks for the feedback on the silver cable. One to think about

Feb 27, 2021 at 7:48 PM Post #16,130 of 23,565
@Deezel177 do you know if the foam insert for the monitors only come with the 18t/s? My A12t arrive with the foam in the lid of the case, but nothing for the monitors.

Feb 27, 2021 at 8:11 PM Post #16,131 of 23,565
@Deezel177 do you know if the foam insert for the monitors only come with the 18t/s? My A12t arrive with the foam in the lid of the case, but nothing for the monitors.
Ah, I’ve just looked at some unboxing photos of the post-rebrand CIEMs on IG, and it seems you’re right. I based my paragraph off of photos I saw on 64’s site, as well as their video announcing the case. But, it looks like they’ve chosen to omit the top foam piece in the final release. Practically-speaking, the IEMs would still be secure as the cable’s tied down, and it’s sandwiched between the foam below and the foam on the lid. But, I’ll make an edit after church for accuracy’s sake. Thanks for the heads-up! :)

Last edited:
Feb 28, 2021 at 12:03 AM Post #16,132 of 23,565
My review of @64Audio's A18s is now live on THL! I'd really appreciate it if you gave it a read and found out what I think of my most-used IEM of 2020. And, as a reminder, 64's 15% sale ends tomorrow on their website, and it'll run 'til March 31st through their Singaporean dealers: AV One, E1 Personal Audio and Music Sanctuary. As always, I hope you all enjoy. Cheers! :)

Always great to read your impressions, @Deezel177. Although nothing beats hearing them for ourselves, I can at least relate and appreciate some of the differences in the excellent comparisons section (Fourte, Odin, Elysium and Layla). Thank you.

Good info on the sale, but it’s a bit strange AV One, E1 Personal Audio and Music Sanctuary are still offering it till 31-March even tho the 15% sale has officially ended. Well, at least more time to decide over this or a custom Elysium which is also on sale until mid March (I’m aware Elysium is a brighter signature with lighter bass as I have auditioned the Uni before but I assume custom will compensate better, not sure).

Feb 28, 2021 at 12:14 AM Post #16,133 of 23,565
Always great to read your impressions, @Deezel177. Although nothing beats hearing them for ourselves, I can at least relate and appreciate some of the differences in the excellent comparisons section (Fourte, Odin, Elysium and Layla). Thank you.

Good info on the sale, but it’s a bit strange AV One, E1 Personal Audio and Music Sanctuary are still offering it till 31-March even tho the 15% sale has officially ended. Well, at least more time to decide over this or a custom Elysium which is also on sale until mid March (I’m aware Elysium is a brighter signature with lighter bass as I have auditioned the Uni before but I assume custom will compensate better, not sure).
Thanks! ‘Appreciate your kind words. :) Yeah, it’s a bit peculiar indeed. Perhaps, it has something to do with their distributor, because I remember promos from JH Audio (same distributor) either lasting a month longer or starting a month later in Singapore as well. In either case, it’ll give people more time to consider, so it’s a positive at the end of the day.

The custom ELYSIUM, in my experience, will have a bass that breathes more than is universal variant; not as squished or compressed. They’re not far off in raw presence, though. It’s just that the custom allows the bass to spread a bit further outward from the centre of the stage.

Feb 28, 2021 at 12:51 AM Post #16,134 of 23,565
My review of @64Audio's A18s is now live on THL! I'd really appreciate it if you gave it a read and found out what I think of my most-used IEM of 2020. And, as a reminder, 64's 15% sale ends tomorrow on their website, and it'll run 'til March 31st through their Singaporean dealers: AV One, E1 Personal Audio and Music Sanctuary. As always, I hope you all enjoy. Cheers! :)

Excellent review as always, Daniel. You have a gift when it comes to describing sound that's quite unique, and your photography is next level good. Really enjoy your comparisons too, especially since they give me a really good yardstick on where the IEMs sit on my preference scale relative to each other. Top stuff.

Feb 28, 2021 at 12:57 AM Post #16,135 of 23,565
Ah, I’ve just looked at some unboxing photos of the post-rebrand CIEMs on IG, and it seems you’re right. I based my paragraph off of photos I saw on 64’s site, as well as their video announcing the case. But, it looks like they’ve chosen to omit the top foam piece in the final release. Practically-speaking, the IEMs would still be secure as the cable’s tied down, and it’s sandwiched between the foam below and the foam on the lid. But, I’ll make an edit after church for accuracy’s sake. Thanks for the heads-up! :)
Ah, bummer. I kept seeing the foam mentioned in reviews post rebrand and thought maybe I didn't get it because of the discount or some sort of oversight.

I took a look at the site as well and it seems the images they use to show the accessories are also showing that piece of foam as well.

Would be nice for a bit of consistency at least from them as what to expect.

Feb 28, 2021 at 3:13 AM Post #16,136 of 23,565
Excellent review as always, Daniel. You have a gift when it comes to describing sound that's quite unique, and your photography is next level good. Really enjoy your comparisons too, especially since they give me a really good yardstick on where the IEMs sit on my preference scale relative to each other. Top stuff.

Thanks so much for saying that, man. It truly means a lot. :)

Ah, bummer. I kept seeing the foam mentioned in reviews post rebrand and thought maybe I didn't get it because of the discount or some sort of oversight.

I took a look at the site as well and it seems the images they use to show the accessories are also showing that piece of foam as well.

Would be nice for a bit of consistency at least from them as what to expect.

Yeah, perhaps carving out the foam to each, specific order became too much of a hassle, or it took up too much time. Again, the IEMs would still be secure as they are anyway. But, I do agree with you that that consistency is key as well.

Feb 28, 2021 at 3:15 AM Post #16,137 of 23,565
His reviews which I much enjoyed as they are very insightful and unbiased. Your shootout was well written as well and you are good at translating thoughts into words too. Hope to see more good written reviews. Cheers.

Feb 28, 2021 at 4:49 AM Post #16,138 of 23,565
Since we are talking cables,which type of 0.78 2 pin is 64 audio when ordering a cable? Just regular?
Can you use the same cables with 64Audio as Audeze iSine series?

Feb 28, 2021 at 8:01 AM Post #16,139 of 23,565
I’d say modular pins cables are more useful though. For jacks you could use adapters, and new DAPs comes with 3.5mm and 4.4mm with some even having all 2.5, 3.5 and 4.4.
However modular pins like changing from 2-pin to mmcx is more useful. Granted there are adapters for that as well, but pins are more fragile to break than jacks.
The reason is that i use LG V40 as my DAP. I can trick the internal amp when using a modular cable like Dunu DUW-02 🙂

Feb 28, 2021 at 4:43 PM Post #16,140 of 23,565

Great review and writing! It still amazes me how well Layla still competes well with newer IEMs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back