The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Mar 3, 2021 at 4:57 AM Post #16,157 of 23,565
Hi, my friends.
Out of the... trio of U12t, U18t and Tia Triò, which one is best for heavy guitar rock, and which one for pop female voices?

Mar 3, 2021 at 2:47 PM Post #16,158 of 23,565
Received some beautiful IEMs on loan from @Malevolint. Really enjoying them so far.

560C2F33-58A3-4D76-B474-774C507BA3A3.JPEG

Mar 3, 2021 at 2:55 PM Post #16,159 of 23,565
Received some beautiful IEMs on loan from @Malevolint. Really enjoying them so far.

560C2F33-58A3-4D76-B474-774C507BA3A3.JPEG
Will.be interesting to hear how you find the Nio's thicker, warmer bass paired with the M8, especially compared to the polar opposite Elysium. My guess is the MX module will be your jam, but let's see.

Mar 3, 2021 at 3:52 PM Post #16,162 of 23,565
Hey all, my review of the Tia Fourte’s just been published here: https://www.headphones.com/blogs/news/64-audio-tia-fourte-review-the-dynamic-savant

And here’s the video review if you’d rather watch that instead:

Umm nice review but not agreeing with the tonality part and that trio bass is better.

I know trio and og and noir very good. I spent long time enough with each to be able to tell their difference with ease!

You say fourte has nosal tonality? I will say that its your eartips and cable causing this as I get none of that with elchepo premium cable as you called it 😁 the og was tuned and sound balanced to be as natural and as close in fidelity it can get with that stock cable.
I know everyone is skipping it cause it looks small and nothing but than just a convenience cable... But its not really the case, I found fourte to sound its most clean and accurate way is with that stock premium cable.

Fourte tonality is very natural and life like. You may want to recheck your dap, cables, eartips and even your music reccording.

I dont know if you went threw the 200hours burn in it also has a play in the performance.

I find fourte one of the best iem in the world, noir is different and trio is pure edm jackpot bliss.
But not trio and Noir is as clean and has the resoluting powers of og.
I had to depart from og cause of its treble, but one day I discovered sp2000 copper and everything changed! I am back to fourté cause now they sound so good with this pairing that I am done with my end game project.

Mar 3, 2021 at 4:20 PM Post #16,163 of 23,565
Umm nice review but not agreeing with the tonality part and that trio bass is better.

I know trio and og and noir very good. I spent long time enough with each to be able to tell their difference with ease!

You say fourte has nosal tonality? I will say that its your eartips and cable causing this as I get none of that with elchepo premium cable as you called it 😁 the og was tuned and sound balanced to be as natural and as close in fidelity it can get with that stock cable.
I know everyone is skipping it cause it looks small and nothing but than just a convenience cable... But its not really the case, I found fourte to sound its most clean and accurate way is with that stock premium cable.

Fourte tonality is very natural and life like. You may want to recheck your dap, cables, eartips and even your music reccording.

I dont know if you went threw the 200hours burn in it also has a play in the performance.

I find fourte one of the best iem in the world, noir is different and trio is pure edm jackpot bliss.
I had to depart from og cause of its treble, but one day I discovered sp2000 copper and everything changed! I am back to fourté cause now they sound so good with this pairing that I am done with my end game project.
Hey now, no one was telling you to check your tips, cables and DAPs when you were posting your impressions. You can have your opinions, let people have theirs; especially, when it's well-backed-up too.

Mar 3, 2021 at 4:27 PM Post #16,164 of 23,565
You can have your opinions, let people have theirs; especially, when it's well-backed-up too.
No amounts of back-upping will be enough to allow criticism of ones precious and recent purchase, of which we were all not always willing victims.

Mar 3, 2021 at 4:28 PM Post #16,165 of 23,565
Hey now, no one was telling you to check your tips, cables and DAPs when you were posting your impressions. You can have your opinions, let people have theirs; especially, when it's well-backed-up too.

When I did my impressions I did mention what I use so those questions dont get opposed.

And I wouldn't arise this if I wouldnt find that it dont seems right. Cause to me it doesn't seem right. So I say it rather then applaud and pretend its all good.

It might also help the person in question maybe to recheck hes cables or gears what if I am right?

Every aspect matters even as little thing like ear tips and cables.

Mar 3, 2021 at 4:36 PM Post #16,166 of 23,565

You have to remember that not everyone has tiger ears! :wink:

But just in case it was missed, here’s my chain:
All critical listening was done off of an iBasso DX160 (volume ~10), A&K SP1000M, and iFi Micro iDSD BL (through Audirvana) with lossless FLAC files. I used a standard 0.78mm cable and SpinFit CP100 tips.
I’m sure that there are parts of the chain that can be swapped out to “improve” the Fourte’s sound - or cater to an individual’s preferences - but I can’t test everything under the sun!

Mar 3, 2021 at 4:44 PM Post #16,167 of 23,565
It's really interesting when we spend multiple 000 on a product and don't like and we are told we should spend another multiple 000 to try to make it sound as we like. Those extra bucks are usually fine tuning, not game changers.

It's like buying a Car and before even leaving the dealer we have to buy new wheels and tires, because I can't drive on the stock ones.

Mar 3, 2021 at 5:23 PM Post #16,169 of 23,565

I owned the Fourte for the better part of a year and a half, and I just couldn’t imagine using the words natural and life like to describe the Fourte’s tonality. It is probably one of the most unnatural IEMs I have ever heard and I think that also plays into why there’s so many polarizing opinions on it. People tend to either love or... not love the IEM. I loved it for sure but after a while it’s “flaws” became more and more apparent to me over time.

I personally preferred the Noir myself and I liked the Trio even more than those, but again I wouldn’t describe the Trio as natural either.

Mar 3, 2021 at 5:30 PM Post #16,170 of 23,565
I owned the Fourte for the better part of a year and a half, and I just couldn’t imagine using the words natural and life like to describe the Fourte’s tonality. It is probably one of the most unnatural IEMs I have ever heard and I think that also plays into why there’s so many polarizing opinions on it. People tend to either love or... not love the IEM. I loved it for sure but after a while it’s “flaws” became more and more apparent to me over time.

I personally preferred the Noir myself and I liked the Trio even more than those, but again I wouldn’t describe the Trio as natural either.
But bro, are you sure you used the right eartips and cables???!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back