The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Nov 27, 2017 at 8:44 PM Post #1,727 of 23,543
Treble problem - I think not? :)

Personally, I thought the treble was the best part of the SQ as I am very treble sensitive and cannot tolerate sibilance. IMO, the tia tech offers very extended, smooth, and natural treble with air between instruments and blackness behind - no unpleasant sparkle or aggressiveness. Maybe it is just my 52-year-old ears, but that is what I hear when I listen to the Fourte' or my A18 - just the music like it is supposed to sound - up close and personal.

If I can hear treble rather than hearing music, then I have a problem with the HP. The tia tubeless design seems to integrate the treble into the bass/mids extremely well to offer a 3D integrated, high-resolution sound quality that is much better than I have heard before in a CIEM. I don't want to hear the bass, nor mids, nor treble as they are supposed to be stitched together, I want to hear coherent "being there" rich and euphonic music and forget that I am wearing a HP.

The other important point is that they produce full sized positioning across all frequency ranges so the players all sound like they are on the same stage and that you have a rich, front row experience. The musicians/instruments sound real sized and natural as if they are in front of you. Hot treble CIEMs usually do not sound so coherent. They are usually removed and incoherent with musicians/instruments that sound like they are playing from another room or are miniaturized while the rest of the band is at a far distance. Only neutral/natural tunings like the Fourte'/A18 can usually put everything together on the same soundstage.

Right now, the way I see it, the Fourte'/18 are in a class of their own - but we all see things differently.

I agree. Especially with how you describe the soundstage and the size of the musicians. That's how I hear them too.

Nov 28, 2017 at 1:57 AM Post #1,729 of 23,543
@Wyville my friend , like young Icarus you are toying with the (totl iem) sun and you may end up burning your (wallet) wings

also , you will need an army of puppies if you go for one of the 64audio TOTL iems :jecklinsmile:
Aha, but I have a new strategy! Develop myself as a reviewer and when I am good enough, I will "need" to buy the expensive IEMs because I will "need" it for comparisons. Can't do everything based on loaned gear, I wouldn't have anything to compare! See! See! Clever! :sweat_smile: (I'll still throw in a few puppies just to make sure. :p)
Treble problem - I think not? :)

Personally, I thought the treble was the best part of the SQ as I am very treble sensitive and cannot tolerate sibilance. IMO, the tia tech offers very extended, smooth, and natural treble with air between instruments and blackness behind - no unpleasant sparkle or aggressiveness. Maybe it is just my 52-year-old ears, but that is what I hear when I listen to the Fourte' or my A18 - just the music like it is supposed to sound - up close and personal.

If I can hear treble rather than hearing music, then I have a problem with the HP. The tia tubeless design seems to integrate the treble into the bass/mids extremely well to offer a 3D integrated, high-resolution sound quality that is much better than I have heard before in a CIEM. I don't want to hear the bass, nor mids, nor treble as they are supposed to be stitched together, I want to hear coherent "being there" rich and euphonic music and forget that I am wearing a HP.

The other important point is that they produce full sized positioning across all frequency ranges so the players all sound like they are on the same stage and that you have a rich, front row experience. The musicians/instruments sound real sized and natural as if they are in front of you. Hot treble CIEMs usually do not sound so coherent. They are usually removed and incoherent with musicians/instruments that sound like they are playing from another room or are miniaturized while the rest of the band is at a far distance. Only neutral/natural tunings like the Fourte'/A18 can usually put everything together on the same soundstage.

Right now, the way I see it, the Fourte'/18 are in a class of their own - but we all see things differently.
Thanks for sharing that, very interesting! I will definitely need to find a way to demo the 64 Audio line at some point and hear for myself. I can be sensitive to treble even when it is smooth, but I have also been surprised by "brighter" IEMs.
Whether the treble is too energetic or not, I think it largely depends on the kind of music you are listening to. If you listen to Classical and Jazz all day, there will not be any problem.
I can fully understand that. I mostly listen to classical or vocal music, but also have opera and with a soprano reaching for the high note, treble smoothness becomes very important. I also find that if treble is quite forward, a piece like the Nutcracker can become fatiguing because of all the sparkling going on to create that characteristic feel of the piece. But like I said, I will see if I can demo the Tia models at some point. Probably Canjam London.

Nov 28, 2017 at 1:57 AM Post #1,730 of 23,543
I did it. I finally pulled the trigger. Decided to go all out and ordered the A18t. It's funny how my decision went like this: A6, then A12t, then A18t. That's a whopping $1,440 difference... my wallet is hurting.

I understand your feeling, but I always have such mentality in mind.

7c9ecd18959045.562d2465b8e47.jpg

Nov 28, 2017 at 7:54 AM Post #1,731 of 23,543
Hello,

Does anybody knows where I could try a demo of the A18 t in london? I have already done my ear impressions, but I haven't find any products that I like (tried noble etc...).
The only one that I like is the PP8 and their custom version will come next year hopefully but something on the PP8 topic mentioned this product and now I'm interesting to test it. (and if I like it then proceed to order it).

Nov 28, 2017 at 9:55 AM Post #1,735 of 23,543
On the 64 audio website for order status for universal IEMs, does it just go from order received to shipped or are there any other steps in between?
I don't know about the Universal but on the ciem's there is the full time line on your order page, from date order received to date shipped, this has every process your ciem's go through (Shells Detailed (3D), Shells Serialized, Assembled, Buffing Complete, Shipped) to name a few, so you always know the process there at and the date it was complete. They offer a great customer service all the way through. Obviously all this is not relevant to the "Universal" series.

Last edited:
Nov 28, 2017 at 10:13 AM Post #1,736 of 23,543
I don't know about the Universal but on the ciem's there is the full time line on your order page, from date order received to date shipped, this has every process your ciem's go through (Shells Detailed (3D), Shells Serialized, Assembled, Buffing Complete, Shipped) to name a few, so you always know the process there at and the date it was complete. They offer a great customer service all the way through. Obviously all this is not relevant to the "Universal" series.

Yeah I was just wondering if there was a “building” step for the Fourté. It hasn’t even been a week since I ordered and I feel like I’m slowly dying. XD

Nov 28, 2017 at 10:14 AM Post #1,738 of 23,543
So I was just browsing 64 audio official site for info about U12t and Trio, and from the tech spec it says these two iems incorporate LID technology, which stands for linear impedance design. As for the impedance descriptions, it's 12.6 +1/-2 ohms from 10Hz - 20kHz for U12t, and 5.5 +.5/-1.5 ohms from 10Hz - 20kHz, instead of the standard x ohms @ 1kHz descriptions. So is it some design they started with U12t and Trio, to achieve a flat impedance curve through all frequencies, or is it something they've been doing all along, but only decided to promote on it recently?

Nov 28, 2017 at 10:18 AM Post #1,739 of 23,543
Yeah I was just wondering if there was a “building” step for the Fourté. It hasn’t even been a week since I ordered and I feel like I’m slowly dying. XD
For universal IEMs, i don't think they have building steps like CIEMs.
Just brought the fourte unheard due to all the glowing reviews. Had a question - should I get a silver cable or copper cable for it? Some say the treble runs a little hot which concerns me.
If you worry about the treble, get a copper cable like PW No.5. It can tame thr treble a little bit and make the soundstage bigger.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back