The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Nov 28, 2017 at 10:33 AM Post #1,741 of 23,565
Just brought the fourte unheard due to all the glowing reviews. Had a question - should I get a silver cable or copper cable for it? Some say the treble runs a little hot which concerns me.

The safest bet would be something like the PWAudio No.5. If you find you want more transparency, try the EA Thor Silver II, it's a surprisingly warm silver cable.

If you find warmth isn't want you need after all, invest in the EA Leonidas. It's absolutely killer with Fourté.

Last edited:
Nov 28, 2017 at 10:48 AM Post #1,743 of 23,565
Hello,

Does anybody knows where I could try a demo of the A18 t in london? I have already done my ear impressions, but I haven't find any products that I like (tried noble etc...).
The only one that I like is the PP8 and their custom version will come next year hopefully but something on the PP8 topic mentioned this product and now I'm interesting to test it. (and if I like it then proceed to order it).

Haven't had much luck with that myself. The only UK dealer I know of is Offslip (www.offslip.co.uk), you can contact them and see if they might be able to arrange a demo unit for you.

Nov 28, 2017 at 10:53 AM Post #1,746 of 23,565
Canceled my fourte order until I can try out the Trio.. hopefully soon. Ugh! Two months wait time is excruciatingly long.. hopefully the build time is much quicker outside of holiday season.

Last edited:
Nov 28, 2017 at 11:55 AM Post #1,747 of 23,565
Just brought the fourte unheard due to all the glowing reviews. Had a question - should I get a silver cable or copper cable for it? Some say the treble runs a little hot which concerns me.

Did you receive it already or just bought and waiting? My advice, spend some time with its stock premium SPC cable. Get used to the sound and the pair up with your source. Then, figure out what you like or don't like about it, try different eartips. Leave cable as the final finetuning step when you know how you would like to adjust the sound. Don't rush with a cable.

Nov 28, 2017 at 2:43 PM Post #1,748 of 23,565
Whether the treble is too energetic or not, I think it largely depends on the kind of music you are listening to. If you listen to Classical and Jazz all day, there will not be any problem.

Having been on the tour, and as in my impressions I was unable to really enjoy the Fourte' due to the pronounced treble.
But I really enjoyed the Tzar, especially the "out of this world soundstage", and plan on ordering them.
However, classical is not my favorite genre and didn't even try any in my audition, but maybe if it was I may have changed to the Fourte' from my preference for the U18?

Nov 28, 2017 at 4:28 PM Post #1,750 of 23,565
How does the a18 do with EDM, electronic music, ambient, etc? Anyone have any feedback?

While I admittedly don't listen to a lot of EDM, I think the a18 works well with pretty much everything because of its neutrality. I do listen to a lot of electronic scores like The Social Network OST, for instance, and I think they sound great. I am currently listening with the m-15 module and they have plenty of bass for me.

Nov 28, 2017 at 5:47 PM Post #1,752 of 23,565
How does the a18 do with EDM, electronic music, ambient, etc? Anyone have any feedback?

A18 works better than the A12 for EDM and Electro because the 18 has a more livelier treble. On the other hand, if the tracks are poorly recorded/mastered, they are going to sound harsh on the A18 compared to the A12. Both IEMs are quite different in the treble region. If your music sounded dark on the A12, it would be nice to get the A18. On the other hand, if your music already borderlined harshness or brightness on the A12, choosing the A18 may not be a wise option.

Nov 28, 2017 at 8:04 PM Post #1,755 of 23,565
My a12 was a little too dark. I think a18 may be a good option. What full-size can do you most closely say it resembles signature wise?
Ether Flow!
A18 Treble is brighter than all Audeze headphones and HEX V2. Treble is very similar to Ether Flow, smooth and bright

Users who are viewing this thread

Back