The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Nov 28, 2017 at 8:07 PM Post #1,757 of 23,565
Canceled my fourte order until I can try out the Trio.. hopefully soon. Ugh! Two months wait time is excruciatingly long.. hopefully the build time is much quicker outside of holiday season.

You got to demo everything before you pull the trigger on the purchase. Even the fourte that cost a whopping 3 grand does not have a sound tuning suitable for everyone. It really depends on your personal taste.

Nov 28, 2017 at 8:11 PM Post #1,759 of 23,565
Ether Flow!
A18 Treble is brighter than all Audeze headphones and HEX V2. Treble is very similar to Ether Flow, smooth and bright

I have demoed the U18 on both M20 / M15. I from what I recall, they have a similar treble presence as my HE1000V1. The U18 with M15 has slightly more treble than the HE1000. The treble of the U18 is definitely there and it is very detailed, but not at the Tia Fourte level. I will describe the treble of the U18 neutral-bright.

Nov 28, 2017 at 8:21 PM Post #1,761 of 23,565
I liked my a12 a lot, mids were slightly too thick and the highs were less than ideal for me even with a bright source and silver cables. Too recessed for me over time, I started loving the HEX upper miss and treble but missed the a12 bass. I want to move back to one pair and am between a12t, Trio (obviously without listening), or now maybe ponying up for the a18t.

Nov 28, 2017 at 8:22 PM Post #1,762 of 23,565
You guys really think the Forte is brighter? Seemed pretty warm to me.

It might be related to the source pairing. When I demo the Fourte, I paired it up with SP1000SS using stock cable.

Nov 28, 2017 at 8:27 PM Post #1,763 of 23,565
Ether Flow!
A18 Treble is brighter than all Audeze headphones and HEX V2. Treble is very similar to Ether Flow, smooth and bright

Ha - I immediately thought of my Aeon Flow Open when I heard the A18. Haven't heard the Ether Flow but could imagine that the sound signatures are quite similar.

Nov 28, 2017 at 8:32 PM Post #1,764 of 23,565
So I was just browsing 64 audio official site for info about U12t and Trio, and from the tech spec it says these two iems incorporate LID technology, which stands for linear impedance design. As for the impedance descriptions, it's 12.6 +1/-2 ohms from 10Hz - 20kHz for U12t, and 5.5 +.5/-1.5 ohms from 10Hz - 20kHz, instead of the standard x ohms @ 1kHz descriptions. So is it some design they started with U12t and Trio, to achieve a flat impedance curve through all frequencies, or is it something they've been doing all along, but only decided to promote on it recently?

Definitely think it's something new for 12t and Trio. Their previous models were sensitive to output impedance of device (the famous "use 30 ohm adapter to get the best sound"), also somewhere here were measurements of U18 showing how they were sensitive to output impedance.

Shanling Have any question about our players? Just PM me or send me email. Stay updated on Shanling at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Shanling-Audio-603230783166845/ https://twitter.com/ShanlingAudio https://www.instagram.com/shanlingaudio/ http://en.shanling.com/ frankie@shanling.com
Nov 28, 2017 at 8:49 PM Post #1,765 of 23,565
I’m looking for HEX with more bass impact. Tia Trio or a18t?
I would say LCD 4!!! Just perfection!

The problem with high end IEMs is that all TOTL ones are now tuned to be bright and I can't stand any of them.
U18 was super resolving, super awesome but after half an hour, I was like I want to take these off, so fatiguing. A12 I can listen to for hours, U18 for 30 mins max literally.

Tia Forte prototype was good but the revised one, ughhhh
You guys really think the Forte is brighter? Seemed pretty warm to me.
You heard the tia forte prototype which was super natural with a warmish signature. The new Tia is bright af

Nov 28, 2017 at 8:51 PM Post #1,766 of 23,565
I would say LCD 4!!! Just perfection!

The problem with high end IEMs is that all TOTL ones are now tuned to be bright and I can't stand any of them.
U18 was super resolving, super awesome but after half an hour, I was like I want to take these off, so fatiguing. A12 I can listen to for hours, U18 for 30 mins max literally.

Tia Forte prototype was good but the revised one, ughhhh

You heard the tia forte prototype which was super natural with a warmish signature. The new Tia is bright af

Do you think Trio will be like the prototype Forte sound sig wise? It was amazing.

I am moving away from cans, I want something I can use in any situation.

Nov 28, 2017 at 8:57 PM Post #1,767 of 23,565
Do you think Trio will be like the prototype Forte sound sig wise? It was amazing.

I am moving away from cans, I want something I can use in any situation.
Who knows, if it is, I'll buy it!
The Tia Forte Prototype was the single most amazing IEM I had heard, absolute perfection.
I couldn't stand the new one, oh how far the mighty has fallen

Nov 28, 2017 at 8:58 PM Post #1,768 of 23,565
That makes me sad. The Forte was legit unreal. I may keep my order in with Trio instead of a18. I want brighter than a12 but not ear spikingly bright but I also love customs.

Nov 28, 2017 at 8:59 PM Post #1,769 of 23,565
I really hope the Trio will be bass and mid centered and without being muddy at all. The will be the iem that one can listen for days without fatiguing. Super Fast, tight and solid bass from the dynamic driver and warm vocals. With just enough treble with fast decay.

Nov 28, 2017 at 9:00 PM Post #1,770 of 23,565
That makes me sad. The Forte was legit unreal. I may keep my order in with Trio instead of a18. I want brighter than a12 but not ear spikingly bright but I also love customs.
Lemme know how the Trio sounds and if it is like the old Forte.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back