The New iRiver/Astell & Kern AK100: A High-End DAP
Jun 17, 2013 at 3:32 PM Post #5,881 of 9,165
Quote:
The MS with the 334 and the beautifully bass balanced TWag Gold is such a great synergy words fall short. I barely have time to post since music is consuming me!!! 
ksc75smile.gif
 The size of the AK100 makes it even more magical. I will never amp my 334s again.

One of the reason I love my 334 is that I had NEVER found it bad with ANY source, even straight out of a smartphone.  Probably one of the easiest IEM to pair.  

Jun 17, 2013 at 3:40 PM Post #5,882 of 9,165
Quote:
Quote:
The MS with the 334 and the beautifully bass balanced TWag Gold is such a great synergy words fall short. I barely have time to post since music is consuming me!!! 
ksc75smile.gif
 The size of the AK100 makes it even more magical. I will never amp my 334s again.

One of the reason I love my 334 is that I had NEVER found it bad with ANY source, even straight out of a smartphone.  Probably one of the easiest IEM to pair.  

They sound great even out of my iphone I agree, but to be wowed with them all the time and not twice an hour takes some work. I've spent a fortune to hoan their sound, and this is my peak. This combo tames the bass of the 334 without giving away the timbre, and then emphazies the sparkle and bringing even more life to the mids. Simply a great synergy to an already great iem.

Jun 17, 2013 at 3:54 PM Post #5,883 of 9,165
Quote:
They sound great even out of my iphone I agree, but to be wowed with them all the time and not twice an hour takes some work. I've spent a fortune to hoan their sound, and this is my peak. This combo tames the bass of the 334 without giving away the timbre, and then emphazies the sparkle and bringing even more life to the mids. Simply a great synergy to an already great iem.

Yup.  334 and the AKs are a good pair.  I liked it even with the stock AK100 and love it more with the 120.  Was a bit unsure when I order my TWag v3 and thought of cancelling the order at one point but glad I didn't  :)

Jun 17, 2013 at 4:04 PM Post #5,884 of 9,165
Craig tends to be forgiven when his goods are connected... 
wink.gif

Jun 17, 2013 at 6:09 PM Post #5,886 of 9,165
Jun 17, 2013 at 7:40 PM Post #5,887 of 9,165
Yup.  334 and the AKs are a good pair.  I liked it even with the stock AK100 and love it more with the 120.  Was a bit unsure when I order my TWag v3 and thought of cancelling the order at one point but glad I didn't  :)

I love the 334 when used direct to the AK120, but when I plug it direct to AK100, it changed the 334 sound signature. I lost the mid bass and gains the treble. Some people that don't like the 334 "bloated" bass love the new sound signature, but not me

Jun 18, 2013 at 8:27 AM Post #5,891 of 9,165
Hi Guys,

Just thought I'd let everyone who tried to help me with my AK100 issues have an update.

I couldnt remove the russian Firmware so had to send it back to iRiver Europe for them to have a look at and to sort the power up problem I was having with the unit. I have literally just this minute received this back from iRiver.

They have had it for 1 week and everything seems to be working ok now...the unit seems to power up and down without issue and iRiver have removed the russian patch and restored back to 1.33 FW for me. They have also done all this under warranty at no extra charge to myself.

Extremely impressed with the service I have recieved from the European Support Centre to get my unit back up and running properly. Now I think I will wait for the official FW upgrades in the future :)

Jun 18, 2013 at 9:45 AM Post #5,892 of 9,165
Hi Guys,

Just thought I'd let everyone who tried to help me with my AK100 issues have an update.

I couldnt remove the russian Firmware so had to send it back to iRiver Europe for them to have a look at and to sort the power up problem I was having with the unit. I have literally just this minute received this back from iRiver.

They have had it for 1 week and everything seems to be working ok now...the unit seems to power up and down without issue and iRiver have removed the russian patch and restored back to 1.33 FW for me. They have also done all this under warranty at no extra charge to myself.

Extremely impressed with the service I have recieved from the European Support Centre to get my unit back up and running properly. Now I think I will wait for the official FW upgrades in the future :)

Glad it all worked for you Jason and thanks for the update!

Jun 18, 2013 at 10:28 AM Post #5,893 of 9,165
Quote:
Hi Guys,

That is certainly good news! 

Jun 18, 2013 at 5:20 PM Post #5,894 of 9,165
Hi Guys,

Good to hear everything worked out for you. Great service from iriver, I'm impressed.

Jun 18, 2013 at 10:39 PM Post #5,895 of 9,165
Hi Guys,

Good work on iRiver's part.

A question though, you had power issues prior to Listrid patches and with stock fw 1.33 I believe. Did they say what was changed?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back