The New iRiver/Astell & Kern AK100: A High-End DAP
May 29, 2013 at 1:13 AM Post #5,401 of 9,165
Quote:
Hi lee370. I'm with you 100%, as many of our clients and I are big proponents of playlists. We hope to see the m3u playlist format supported in the Astell&Kern line in the future because it's one of the most requested features to be implemented.

JmoonAK, how about support of CUE lists for Flac files? i have most my collection with cue lists. i think support of cue lists is more useful than album arts. even my cheap C3 supports cue lists.

May 29, 2013 at 1:23 AM Post #5,402 of 9,165
Quote:

how could you possibly defend iRiver's corporate behavior....?....they got caught, it is despicable, they deserve every bit of criticism and IMO they should be run off the board....this moon guy is just some marketing stiff...

this place get more deluded with every passing day...

blink.gif

Toads, I'm not saying you're wrong, but I am seeing nothing other than circumstantial evidence which means nothing. Until I have evidence one way or the other I'm choosing to keep an open mind and recognise that there is more going on than we know. There is no hard evidence that anyone at iRiver has deliberately deceived anyone. What's to say that the AK120 and it's FW didn't happen to be at a perfect stage in production for them to incorporate our various feedback during initial production? If they were really trying to land a sucker-punch why doesn't the AK120 also support the various other things we've asked for like m3u support, CUE support, replaygain, etc.?

I'm not saying you're wrong, my point is we don't know - innocent until proven guilty and I am not seeing proof, just assumption and innuendo which so far is very one-sided on our part.

May 29, 2013 at 1:24 AM Post #5,403 of 9,165
how could you possibly defend iRiver's corporate behavior....?....they got caught, it is despicable, they deserve every bit of criticism and IMO they should be run off the board....this moon guy is just some marketing stiff...

this place get more deluded with every passing day...

:blink:
!? Im confused? How was what I'm writing had anything to say iRiver's behaviour is 5 star?

I'm merely saying to get -anyone- to cooperate, communicate better.

Clearly I've not made my point clear enough about more proper & constructive criticism, irrespective of company.

May 29, 2013 at 1:31 AM Post #5,404 of 9,165
Quote:
Guys, isn't the point already clear enough? How does badgering the communicator or the company going to make things better?

If you're not an AK1x0 owner well there is no loss to you. If you are, badgering isn't going to smooth the product/service owner & customer relationship. And in all honesty if I were in that kind of business, I'd rather work with a customer who is willing to partner up to improve the overall product; & less inclined to work with customers who badger me.

See Figgie & his contribution to iBasso as an example.

i meant to quote this post....my mistake

May 29, 2013 at 1:36 AM Post #5,405 of 9,165
i meant to quote this post....my mistake
Actually even for this post I never said iRiver has behaved rightly or if iRiver has behaved badly.

The point of that post is that if ppl really want an improvement of service, communicate politely & properly.

What I wrote has nothing to do with iRiver's performance to delivery of service to customers. What I wrote simply had to do with human decency in communication.

Maybe the way I said wasn't clear? I'm happy to correct it.

May 29, 2013 at 1:45 AM Post #5,407 of 9,165
Several people here have described the listrid/Russian patch as unstable.   I have been using the patch for the last couple of days and have encountered no problems.   I know that some people had problems with bad installs from applying the patch with older stock firmware.  Is this what people are referring to here?  Or am I missing some other glitches and issues?

May 29, 2013 at 1:51 AM Post #5,408 of 9,165
Quote:
Several people here have described the listrid/Russian patch as unstable.   I have been using the patch for the last couple of days and have encountered no problems.   I know that some people had problems with bad installs from applying the patch with older stock firmware.  Is this what people are referring to here?  Or am I missing some other glitches and issues?

I upgraded from firmware 1.33 , I applied the patch . I couldn't mount ak100 to my PC the first time, then I redownloaded official FW again , then applied the patch and then everything works right , so there is a problem with the patch or at least on mine

May 29, 2013 at 1:59 AM Post #5,409 of 9,165
No problems here with the patch. Everything seems to work just fine.

May 29, 2013 at 2:06 AM Post #5,410 of 9,165
Quote:
I upgraded from firmware 1.33 , I applied the patch . I couldn't mount ak100 to my PC the first time, then I redownloaded official FW again , then applied the patch and then everything works right , so there is a problem with the patch or at least on mine

By "upgraded from firmware 1.33," do you mean that you were already running 1.33 and just applied the patch the first time?  Or did you mean that you actually upgraded to 1.33 from an earlier fw and then applied the patch the first time?

May 29, 2013 at 2:21 AM Post #5,411 of 9,165
Quote:
By "upgraded from firmware 1.33," do you mean that you were already running 1.33 and just applied the patch the first time?  Or did you mean that you actually upgraded to 1.33 from an earlier fw and then applied the patch the first time?

I already ran 1.33 before I applied the patch for some days , by "Upgraded from fw 1.33" It meant I applied the patch (the upgrade) from fw 1.33
sorry for the confusion

May 29, 2013 at 2:57 AM Post #5,412 of 9,165
Quote:
I already ran 1.33 before I applied the patch for some days , by "Upgraded from fw 1.33" It meant I applied the patch (the upgrade) from fw 1.33
sorry for the confusion

Okay, that was what I thought, but I wanted to make sure before drawing any conclusions.   I applied the patch after a fresh update to 1.33.  Since you already had it installed, maybe that makes a difference.  You need to have a fresh clean install of 1.33 before applying the patch.  That could explain why it didn't work the first time for you, but worked the second.  It would also be consistent with my successful install: I started with a clean install of 1.33.

May 29, 2013 at 3:26 AM Post #5,413 of 9,165
JMoon, I would like to see the ability to have the ability to queue up a series of albums or tracks in a "now playing" playlist. While the firmware has a long way to go, I love listening to the AK100 and it is great having someone from Iriver reading the thread. I had a H340 a while ago and loved it but have felt that Iriver really haven't had player of much interest since, until the AK1*0s. I think it's only a matter of time until an AK120 lures me in.
Thanks

May 29, 2013 at 3:31 AM Post #5,414 of 9,165
Quote:
Okay, that was what I thought, but I wanted to make sure before drawing any conclusions.   I applied the patch after a fresh update to 1.33.  Since you already had it installed, maybe that makes a difference.  You need to have a fresh clean install of 1.33 before applying the patch.  That could explain why it didn't work the first time for you, but worked the second.  It would also be consistent with my successful install: I started with a clean install of 1.33.

still kind of weird , does this mean something in the FW changes when its installed after a couple of days?

May 29, 2013 at 3:52 AM Post #5,415 of 9,165
Quote:
still kind of weird , does this mean something in the FW changes when its installed after a couple of days?

Well the DX100 could act strange upon installing a new firmware and not doing a factory restore from the start. Not that that is the same situation but the DX100 did keep older settings from the previous firmware which could cause conflicts. So you never know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back