The New iRiver/Astell & Kern AK100: A High-End DAP
May 27, 2013 at 7:34 AM Post #5,296 of 9,165
Quote:
I'm sure he has a work computer that's Windows...

Will try this when I can get hold to a PC, ... but it may not work for me:  Indeed it worked for Retrias, but he was already under 1.33.  So it is not the same situation than me who is under 1.3.  

May 27, 2013 at 7:34 AM Post #5,297 of 9,165
I never seen this bug though , one song keep playing back over and over again after returning from sleep , sure the track resets to its beginning position, but it doesn't repeat when it finishes

May 27, 2013 at 8:15 AM Post #5,298 of 9,165
Quote:
I never seen this bug though , one song keep playing back over and over again after returning from sleep , sure the track resets to its beginning position, but it doesn't repeat when it finishes

Sorry, I might have been unclear. It's not a single track repeating, but the same few tracks. For example, if tonight I listen to tracks A, B, C and D and then I leave the DAP and it goes to sleep, when I switch it on tomorrow I seem to hear tracks D, C, B, A. I may be wrong about the order (i.e. it may shuffle the track order), but it still seems to play the same tracks.

May 27, 2013 at 8:20 AM Post #5,299 of 9,165
Quote:

Sorry, I might have been unclear. It's not a single track repeating, but the same few tracks. For example, if tonight I listen to tracks A, B, C and D and then I leave the DAP and it goes to sleep, when I switch it on tomorrow I seem to hear tracks D, C, B, A. I may be wrong about the order (i.e. it may shuffle the track order), but it still seems to play the same tracks.

Will ask if anyone of my friends have this issue, to see if the issue is isolated to some tracks or just any tracks

Quote:
Will try this when I can get hold to a PC, ... but it may not work for me:  Indeed it worked for Retrias, but he was already under 1.33.  So it is not the same situation than me who is under 1.3.  

Will probably work, since the iriver + actually read the russian FW ak 100 as FW 1.00

May 27, 2013 at 8:54 AM Post #5,300 of 9,165
Yes, I second that loquah...I experienced the same problem as you...it seems that ak100 has a limited shuffle list whereby only a certain number of songs are being played...it doesn't shuffle from the whole of my ak100 songs list, but only a certain number of them

May 27, 2013 at 9:00 AM Post #5,301 of 9,165
Hi folk

My AK100 has the same problem of not sync to PC (cannot access) after installed the Russian F/W. 
confused_face_2.gif
  (before installed Russian F/W, my AK100 has version 1.33)
After install the Russain patch, it can play, but I cannot access it thru my computer.

In the beginning, I tried iriver plus 4, but it did not work.
Then read manual, and found this:
////////AK100 cannot be connected to the computer.  - Connect the AK100 to the USB port on the back of    the computer.   Differences may occur in the output voltage of USB ports.//////////

So I tried changing another USB port on the computer. Also re-opened iriver plus 4 several times.  When I closed the iriver plus 4 (on the new USB port), there is USB driver updating prompted on my PC.
Finally my PC can connect to the AK100.  
bigsmile_face.gif

I think the problem is from USB driver.  bmichels, please try it.

May 27, 2013 at 9:24 AM Post #5,302 of 9,165
Well, it's not stable.

After I disconnect my AK100 from computer, I try connecting again, and this time does not work.
blink.gif
    cannot sync again!

Next time, when I can access the AK100 thru my computer, I will re-install F/W 1.33 to replace the Russian patch immediately.

May 27, 2013 at 12:25 PM Post #5,304 of 9,165
I am still really enjoying both my FitEar C435 and MH335DW with the Stock AK100 and now on the Russian FW. There really is some crazy synergy happening here...............................So enjoyable.

Listened to the C435 for about 6 hours today
size]

May 27, 2013 at 12:41 PM Post #5,305 of 9,165
Quote:
I am still really enjoying both my FitEar C435 and MH335DW with the Stock AK100 and now on the Russian FW. There really is some crazy synergy happening here...............................So enjoyable.

Listened to the C435 for about 6 hours today
size]

Why do you have booth  C435  and MH335DW ?  Do they have different purpose or sound signature ? which one you prefer ? 

With 4 ways and a stellar price, do you consider the MH335DW the best of the best cIEM ?   Above the JH13 that I was currently considering to upgrade my Westone ES3X ? 

May 27, 2013 at 1:02 PM Post #5,306 of 9,165
For those who got problems after installing Russian FW (due upgrading ak100 with old FW-version, <1.32):

http://rusfolder.com/36585723 - firmware program
http://rusfolder.com/36585747 - linux.rom

1) Installing drivers from vtc_driver for your Winblows
2) Turn off the player (AK100)
3) Press all three buttons (up, pause, down) and to stick usb (without releasing the buttons)
the system displays the new device Telechips TCC89xx VTC
4) Run FWDN_V7.exe
on the right -  key kernel, LOGO, SD Hidded 2 and 2 (if there Unknown, means not tuned)

5) Click the button (...) choose linux.rom at the disc (which unpacked). And press (Add File)
Appears with this rom (it should be MARK)
6) Click (Start) and wait until the firmware loads
7) Reset (the buttons "up" + "off" and hold for 10 seconds)
That's all

May 27, 2013 at 1:19 PM Post #5,307 of 9,165
Thank you, but as a NON-tech guy, I'm not sure that I fully understand the process. Do we need Linux PC ?

May 27, 2013 at 1:42 PM Post #5,309 of 9,165
Quote:
Quote:
i upgraded from 1.32 with no ill effects.....yet...
wink.gif

Same here.  Still says I'm on v1.32 when I re-boot.  :knocksonwood: but no issues so far.  Still loving gapless, finally, on this device.  I can't believe how much I take something simple like that for granted

Yeah, I'm quoting myself...  One issue I note, after installing the Russian FW on top pf stock v1.32, when I connect as a removable disk t my Retina Macbook Pro running latest version of Mountain Lion, it tales a loooong time for subfolders to populate with files; i.e., the Music folder on the internal drive of the RWAK100 too several minutes before the Artist folders displayed.  It likewise took several minutes before the disk would eject.  I continue to have the same problem I've always had:  the 2nd SD card doesn't show up as a mountable disk in Finder.  I've always had to remove that card from the RWAK100 and connect directly to my rMBP's SD card slot to transfer files.

May 27, 2013 at 1:50 PM Post #5,310 of 9,165
Quote:
For those who got problems after installing Russian FW (due upgrading ak100 with old FW-version, <1.32):

http://rusfolder.com/36585723 - firmware program
http://rusfolder.com/36585747 - linux.rom

1) Installing drivers from vtc_driver for your Winblows
2) Turn off the player (AK100)
3) Press all three buttons (up, pause, down) and to stick usb (without releasing the buttons)
the system displays the new device Telechips TCC89xx VTC
4) Run FWDN_V7.exe
on the right -  key kernel, LOGO, SD Hidded 2 and 2 (if there Unknown, means not tuned)

5) Click the button (...) choose linux.rom at the disc (which unpacked). And press (Add File)
Appears with this rom (it should be MARK)
6) Click (Start) and wait until the firmware loads
7) Reset (the buttons "up" + "off" and hold for 10 seconds)
That's all

I did it from 1.33 and still have that problem , would the above solution fixes it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back