The New iRiver/Astell & Kern AK100: A High-End DAP
Apr 7, 2013 at 1:22 AM Post #3,691 of 9,165
No gapless? Too bad. I don't have a problem with 1.32 and it scans very fast. Today I put in two cards with new music on them, one 64gb and the other totally loaded with Grateful Dead and for some reason it didn't even scan. It booted up and there was the music. I thought I would have to do a manual scan since the AK didn't seem to do one but they are all there. Maybe it is because of my bypass of the 22ohm resistors. :^) 

Apr 7, 2013 at 1:39 AM Post #3,692 of 9,165
I dont think they will ever have a true gapless, they will just reduce the buffer time. If it is hardware restricted (based on what I have read) I dont know how would they eliminate that problem without replacing the hardware causing the issue. 

Apr 7, 2013 at 3:42 AM Post #3,693 of 9,165
Quote:
For my case it just made scanning faster however I still have tagging issue. Certain albums tracks are all listed incorrectly. The song which is suppose to be the first track in the album is placed last for some reason.

I had the same issue till I noticed that some FLACs from HDtracks are numbered 1,2,3,4....10,11,12 etc.
I renamed (renumbered) them as 01,02,03 etc. and now everything is ok.

Apr 7, 2013 at 10:10 AM Post #3,695 of 9,165
I installed 1.33 firmware, flew home on a 6.5 hour flight. I was listening to HD music for 6 hours. The battery life was better then my flight out, but my AK100 did get warm too. I noticed that the two 64Gb and the 32Gb storage uploaded music faster and library scan is much faster. Anyone read 6 moons review on the AK100?

Apr 7, 2013 at 10:58 AM Post #3,696 of 9,165
I just wanted to share publicly here that a message containing a link to Tyll Hertsens article on Inner Fidelity on output impedance that I posted on Astell & Kern's AK100 Facebook page got censored (deleted in fact) and my publication rights there have been revoked (I suppose that is equal to banned; I still "like" the page, but can't post anything nor comment).

Apr 7, 2013 at 4:02 PM Post #3,697 of 9,165
Quote:
I just wanted to share publicly here that a message containing a link to Tyll Hertsens article on Inner Fidelity on output impedance that I posted on Astell & Kern's AK100 Facebook page got censored (deleted in fact) and my publication rights there have been revoked (I suppose that is equal to banned; I still "like" the page, but can't post anything nor comment).

Well there is freedom of speech and then there is we will choose what we want you to say.

Apr 7, 2013 at 6:47 PM Post #3,699 of 9,165
Quote:

Looks like somebody posted the link again. Each and every owner of AK100 should do that sooner or later.

Apr 7, 2013 at 8:58 PM Post #3,700 of 9,165
Apr 8, 2013 at 1:05 PM Post #3,704 of 9,165
AK100 as all-in-one source?

Have you guys tried using Mini-toslink cable?

Does it work when connected to external DAC like Bifrost?

Will it work when connected to Anaconda? Will it act as pure transport if sound will be feed to Anaconda thru Mini-Toslink and Ananconda's DAC will be used instead of the internal one (though they have same DAC)

Apr 8, 2013 at 1:48 PM Post #3,705 of 9,165
Quote:
AK100 as all-in-one source?

Have you guys tried using Mini-toslink cable?

Does it work when connected to external DAC like Bifrost?

Will it work when connected to Anaconda? Will it act as pure transport if sound will be feed to Anaconda thru Mini-Toslink and Ananconda's DAC will be used instead of the internal one (though they have same DAC)

I have used the toslink and it works fine. Used it with various optical in dacs and as that, it is a good source. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back