The New iRiver/Astell & Kern AK100: A High-End DAP
Apr 9, 2013 at 9:26 AM Post #3,721 of 9,165
I have never heard the AK100 until Sunday, with the Stage 1 mod from Indonesia. I listened with the FitEar MH335DW and I was pleasantly surprised enough to want one
size]
how do you like the ak100 with 1plus2?

Apr 9, 2013 at 9:35 AM Post #3,723 of 9,165
DO you mind explaining the different levels of mods! 

I listened to the 1plus2 with the Ak100 a fair bit yesterday, i think i compared the combination of the MA9 and 1plus2 a bit better as i found the bass to be a bit more boosted with the Ak100 but it is one of the better pairing for sure on the AK100s part.

Apr 9, 2013 at 9:39 AM Post #3,724 of 9,165
Quote:
DO you mind explaining the different levels of mods! 

I listened to the 1plus2 with the Ak100 a fair bit yesterday, i think i compared the combination of the MA9 and 1plus2 a bit better as i found the bass to be a bit more boosted with the Ak100 but it is one of the better pairing for sure on the AK100s part.

I don't really know what they do, supposedly two stages available.........

Apr 9, 2013 at 9:51 AM Post #3,726 of 9,165
Quote:

I have never heard the AK100 until Sunday, with the Stage 1 mod from Indonesia. I listened with the FitEar MH335DW and I was pleasantly surprised enough to want one
size]

I'm considering selling my RWAK100 if you ever decide you want to try it. 

P.S. I'm Steven from Canada. Bought a 1plus2 from you back in February. Love them!

Apr 9, 2013 at 9:59 AM Post #3,727 of 9,165
Quote:
I'm considering selling my RWAK100 if you ever decide you want to try it. 

P.S. I'm Steven from Canada. Bought a 1plus2 from you back in February. Love them!

Of course, I remember you. Why are you selling so quickly?

The thing is the Stage 1 kinda offer a signature different to what is available in other daps...

Very wide, authoritative and very good slam and attack. That is what caught my attention.....

Apr 9, 2013 at 10:11 AM Post #3,728 of 9,165
Quote:

Of course, I remember you. Why are you selling so quickly?

The thing is the Stage 1 kinda offer a signature different to what is available in other daps...

Very wide, authoritative and very good slam and attack. That is what caught my attention.....

I use the 1plus2 at work (lab), where there's quite a lot of background noise and I can't turn the volume too high. In these conditions (and without being overly critical), my iPhone 5 is good enough. I prefer the UI of iOS. I have all my playlists set-up in itunes so its a lot easier to organize music.

I have the Woo Audio WA7 on order and would use that and my ipad mini for bedside rig.

The RWAK100 does sound really good. Just not sure it gets enough use to keep it.

Apr 9, 2013 at 10:16 AM Post #3,729 of 9,165
Quote:
I use the 1plus2 at work (lab), where there's quite a lot of background noise and I can't turn the volume too high. In these conditions (and without being overly critical), my iPhone 5 is good enough. I prefer the UI of iOS. I have all my playlists set-up in itunes so its a lot easier to organize music.

I have the Woo Audio WA7 on order and would use that and my ipad mini for bedside rig.

The RWAK100 does sound really good. Just not sure it gets enough use to keep it.

I would love to know how the WA7 sounds....when you receive it
size]

Please PM or email me!

Many thanks Steven 

Apr 9, 2013 at 11:20 AM Post #3,730 of 9,165
guys, question about AK100 akin RWAK100.

i was listening music on my RWAK when battery suddenly died on me, this was weird because in the morning battery was nearly full and i listened only some 2-3 hours... also player was bit warm while in use. i play FLAC files only.

is this normal and how accurate is battery meter on RWAK?

also is there any beep or warning before battery goes discharged completely?

do you charge your AK connecting to PC via USB or you use some iPhone wall adapter via USB to charge your player? i used iPhone in wall to charge RWAK last time. what pisses me off is that i also cannot see charging progress on RWAK screen to know when the player is fully charged. each time i click on the screen it just shows battery meter blinking. wierd....

this is pain in the neck to have it this way which never happened to my little C3. i am damn frastrated with damn battery, wonder how many hours you can get from this player doing flac playback?

Apr 9, 2013 at 11:33 AM Post #3,731 of 9,165
Quote:
guys, question about AK100 akin RWAK100.

i was listening music on my RWAK when battery suddenly died on me, this was weird because in the morning battery was nearly full and i listened only some 2-3 hours... also player was bit warm while in use. i play FLAC files only.

is this normal and how accurate is battery meter on RWAK?

also is there any beep or warning before battery goes discharged completely?

do you charge your AK connecting to PC via USB or you use some iPhone adapter via USB to charge your player?

this is pain in the neck which never happened with my little C3. i am damn frastrated with battery, wonder how many hours you can get from your player?

Are you using your RWAK100 with a portable amp?

I noticed that when I used the RWAK100 with my Vorzuge Vorzamp (with RWAK100 volume set at max for proper line-out), the battery life would be about 8 hours.

By running the RWAK100 alone with volume set to around 53, I get a solid 10-12+ hours. (FLAC/ALAC)

The battery meter is not accurate. 

Are you sure the battery was fully charged? 

Apr 9, 2013 at 11:46 AM Post #3,732 of 9,165
Yep, battery meter is not accurate unfortunately.

I always charge mine with a micro usb wall charger, seems to work fine as I would expect

I'm fairly sure i get at least 10 hours of life with mine, but quite often i will have a long listening session of say three hours and the battery will still appear to be completely full afterwards

Apr 9, 2013 at 12:26 PM Post #3,733 of 9,165
thanks, i have RWAK for a couple of weeks only so will see. i read the battery by its meter which probably was falsely showing full charge then. will today plug RWAK in for full charge and see how long this going to last.

no, i was using RWAK alone, no amping.

one more question i have, how you determine if battery was fully charged or not? i mean IF meter is unreliable then how do i know if RWAK is fully charged? there is no other possibility but only display.
how long it takes RWAK to fully charge from your experience?

thanks

damn, i am so unhappy because i have longer hours in the office today and the music was just helping through my work so now i feel really mad
mad.gif

OMG, someone, please blend AK and Cowon... Cowons got insane battery life, nearly perpetual, i never had any of Cowons battery duying on me.

Apr 9, 2013 at 12:40 PM Post #3,734 of 9,165
Quote:
thanks, i have RWAK for a couple of weeks only so will see. i read the battery by its meter which probably was falsely showing full charge then. will today plug RWAK in for full charge and see how long this going to last.

no, i was using RWAK alone, no amping.

one more question i have, how you determine if battery was fully charged or not? i mean IF meter is unreliable then how do i know if RWAK is fully charged? there is no other possibility but only display.
how long it takes RWAK to fully charge from your experience?

thanks

damn, i am so unhappy because i have longer hours in the office today and the music was just helping through my work so now i feel really mad
mad.gif

OMG, someone, please blend AK and Cowon... Cowons got insane battery life, nearly perpetual, i never had any of Cowons battery duying on me.

I believe charging takes about 5 hours (with AK100 off). When it's done charging, I believe it says "Fully Charged" on the display.

I usually charge from a wall charger. I tried charging from my laptop a few times, but when the laptop goes to sleep, it stops charging.

If you use it at work everyday, I would just charge it up every night. That should easily get you through the day everyday. There's no benefit in running full discharge cycles with Lithium ion batteries.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back