The New iRiver/Astell & Kern AK100: A High-End DAP
Apr 9, 2013 at 12:50 PM Post #3,736 of 9,165
thanks everyone, will try to put some more faith and charge into my RWAK tonight
beerchug.gif

Apr 9, 2013 at 1:46 PM Post #3,737 of 9,165
Quote:
Yeah X7 could last a week...I do not know how they did...

Simple enough.....X7 (and presumably my X9 as well) has a low-res screen, and a large-capacity battery....1920mAh.

A battery of this capacity would last maybe a day in an Android phone under moderate use, but in a basic music player, it seems to run forever.
smile_phones.gif

Apr 9, 2013 at 1:54 PM Post #3,738 of 9,165
Of course, I remember you. Why are you selling so quickly?

The thing is the Stage 1 kinda offer a signature different to what is available in other daps...

Very wide, authoritative and very good slam and attack. That is what caught my attention.....

Thank for your nice impression Gavin .
I hope you hear stage 2 soon

I have never heard the AK100 until Sunday, with the Stage 1 mod from Indonesia. I listened with the FitEar MH335DW and I was pleasantly surprised enough to want one
size]

I have never heard them together...........

Just the 335 and for 30 mins Sunday evening, drinking coffee at Starbucks with a friend.
[/quote

This mod is for our Saturday meet , because SQ so good , until now are already 22 friends mod stage 1 and 4 friends mod stage , following me and Pita upgrade to stage 2 on Saturday .

DO you mind explaining the different levels of mods! 

I listened to the 1plus2 with the Ak100 a fair bit yesterday, i think i compared the combination of the MA9 and 1plus2 a bit better as i found the bass to be a bit more boosted with the Ak100 but it is one of the better pairing for sure on the AK100s part.

AK 100 mod stage 1 is already good as all rounder dap
Our IMO is better than dx 100

I don't really know what they do, supposedly two stages available.........

Please see below

Yes i saw the stage 2 mod mention on the pics of portable rigs thread and would love to know more. I guess stage one is just the 22 ohm resistor bypassed and the stage 2 is more?

Stage 1: my friend mod the headphone out with gold copper cable

Result : impression from Gavin
The thing is the Stage 1 kinda offer a signature different to what is available in other daps...Very wide, authoritative and very good slam and attack

Stage 2 : I haven't seen and heard
I want mod stage 2 on Saturday

Result : impression from 4 friends that already mod Stage 2
Very wide soundstage , better detail and more depth than stage 1
They heard with low volume listening , sound so good

Stage 3 : still on progress but haven't well done yet , modification the LINE IN as COAX OUT
beside OPTICAL OUT , because this LINE IN seldom use it .
Like one DIY from Japan already done

My impression after Saturday .

Apr 9, 2013 at 5:14 PM Post #3,743 of 9,165
Well, Astell & Kern has censored another post enquiring about the much too high output impedance on their Facebook page... Way to go!
I'd say they can learn a thing or two from Meridian.

Apr 9, 2013 at 5:56 PM Post #3,744 of 9,165
Interesting note above and how we hear things differently. I really enjoy the AK100 but in no way is it, IMO, better than the DX100. The DX has a larger soundstage and more authority as well as better controlled deep bass and a touch more transparency. My AK100 has the 22ohm resistors bypassed by ultra high purity silver, dead soft. 

Apr 9, 2013 at 6:03 PM Post #3,745 of 9,165
Jamato, no matter how much i would like to agree with you there is one problem with dx100, it is not so portable and battery life is ridiculous for the asking price. So not much i can help to convince myself about it. I know we all crave for sound but for me Rwak is rather a good compromise between expensive inflexible Terra and heavy bricky dx100. I can only wish Ibasso would repackage dx100 into something smaller without skimping on sound quality. Otherwise i will continue swapping back and forth between rwak100 and c3 :-D

Seroiusly, rwak is not the last word in sonics by far but it is the best compromise between high fidelity and portability IMHO.

@ Roibm, what you mean when saying AK censoring?

Apr 9, 2013 at 6:14 PM Post #3,747 of 9,165
Quote:
Jamato, no matter how much i would like to agree with you there is one problem with dx100, it is not so portable and battery life is ridiculous for the asking price. So not much i can help to convince myself about it. I know we all crave for sound but for me Rwak is rather a good compromise between expensive inflexible Terra and heavy bricky dx100. I can only wish Ibasso would repackage dx100 into something smaller without skimping on sound quality. Otherwise i will continue swapping back and forth between rwak100 and c3 :-D

Seroiusly, rwak is not the last word in sonics by far but it is the best compromise between high fidelity and portability IMHO.

@ Roibm, what you mean when saying AK censoring?

I know what you mean. I get around 7 or 8 hours of play time, which is enough for most anything I do when using the dX100 but if you are going for longer periods of time, well there are always options.

I imagine the censoring has to do with posting the information regarding the 22ohm resistance on the output of the AK100 on the iRiver facebook site.

Apr 9, 2013 at 6:20 PM Post #3,748 of 9,165
I understand your your outrage about AK people censoring posts on facebook... But do you think it's wise to post such comments on their facebook which in fact aims to help them boost sales? Why not contact AK directly if you have some issues or write to ReWine people doing ak mod?

I can see why people from AK delete such posts and i believe any company would do that. However if you politely explain your issue with them directly perhaps they will try help you. Also reposting something that might hit sales on their site and especially something like third party opinion also is not best way to proceed. And AK owns their Facebook page so they have the right to control its content.

Sorry if my opinion on the matter differs from yours.

Apr 9, 2013 at 6:22 PM Post #3,749 of 9,165
Quote:
I imagine the censoring has to do with posting the information regarding the 22ohm resistance on the output of the AK100 on the iRiver facebook site.

I bet.

The question is, shouldn't the public be informed regarding what this really means? Why not allow linking to an article that clearly explains it and why it is important?
Why not allow posting measurements, for instance a UE triple.ti 10 which is a mess when paired with the AK100 and T1 which looks quite good?

Full measurements:
http://www.markuskraus.com/RMAA/ak100tf10.htm
http://www.markuskraus.com/RMAA/ak100t1.htm

Apr 9, 2013 at 6:24 PM Post #3,750 of 9,165
let me ask one question. Would you tolerate someone posting things on your FB page that would humiliate you or people you concerned about? Most likely not.... So here is your answer. Like it was said once, your freedom ends where my freedom begins :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back