The New HIBY R3 II is here. 4.4MM Jack; Improved Sound and Bluetooth.
Nov 19, 2018 at 5:26 AM Post #4,696 of 6,869
R3 firmware 2.0 has been released. MQA is coming!!! :beyersmile:
Get OTA update right now!

What's new:
1. Added MQA support.
2. Added custom radio function to the playlist.**
3. Modified the custom theme English name to "Use custom theme".
4. Fixed the WiFi connection error when entering some special characters.
5. Fixed the random display disorder when sliding the several interfaces to the left and right.
6. Fixed several bugs of random restart.

I have problem with this FW: freezing interface after several minutes of playing music and after that player does not respond to any buttons presses...

Last edited:
Nov 19, 2018 at 2:34 PM Post #4,700 of 6,869
I have problem with this FW: freezing interface after several minutes of playing music and after that player does not respond to any buttons presses...

It appears each time on same tracks, when player changes track! No visible reasons, 1.16 on same tracks works normal...
Has anyone else tried the new 2.0 FW and experienced these (or other) problems?
Not sure I want to risk it, but the random list order improvement sounds promising.

Nov 19, 2018 at 2:44 PM Post #4,701 of 6,869
Grab a random Tidal Masters playlist and not even 10% of tracks play in MQA. Frustrating...

I think the issue is some Tidal MQA tracks aren't fully approved by the artist/producer or copyright holder. For example on my Mytek Liberty a lot of MQA content is detected and comes up with a green light indicator. However, some tracks come up with a blue light and that means they are fully approved. I'll check a little later if this matches-up with the same Tidal tracks on the R3.

Nov 19, 2018 at 4:31 PM Post #4,703 of 6,869
Has anyone else tried the new 2.0 FW and experienced these (or other) problems?
Not sure I want to risk it, but the random list order improvement sounds promising.

Had no problems with 2.0 so far.

Nov 20, 2018 at 2:07 AM Post #4,706 of 6,869
Nov 20, 2018 at 3:41 AM Post #4,707 of 6,869
Its like a joke, MQA files not showing in the song list , nor the albums list. Only when playing its showing MQA studios. How can one identify his MQA songs from the list. Its not even showing the unfolded resolution, only green light..... what does it means ? And Tidal MQA not playing and the DAC is also not recognized as MQA enabled device in Audirvana.

The Green light means the sample rate is 88.2k~192k, same as hires file.

Theoretically, you can see the MQA display in playlist, Like***.mqa.flac. It's based on MQA official standard and is included in the suffix of songs.

Nov 20, 2018 at 7:31 AM Post #4,708 of 6,869
The Green light means the sample rate is 88.2k~192k, same as hires file.

Theoretically, you can see the MQA display in playlist, Like***.mqa.flac. It's based on MQA official standard and is included in the suffix of songs.
Fun part is if you add ' .mqa' with any track it shows as mqa file in the file list even it is not MQA file.:ksc75smile: I have some files more than 192K which also showing green light. Tidal MQA not working at all.

Nov 20, 2018 at 2:20 PM Post #4,709 of 6,869
I have the R3 with a Chord mojo. Seems the R3 does the first unfold and passes it on to the Mojo. I get a yellow/green light which stands for 88/96 samplerates.

Since MQA content is pretty much not accessable on R3 itself, I installed a neat little App called Mconnect which does DLNA through phone wifi hotspot when Im on the go. Just works! Tidal (MQA) catalog fully accesable and organized.

Hope this helps some with same interest.

Nov 20, 2018 at 2:37 PM Post #4,710 of 6,869
Hi all, this dap is on my shortlist, I've read through the pages and was after some actual user feedback on the following....

1) how is the bi directional Bluetooth performance? For example spotify or SoundCloud to R3?
2) perfectly working Gapless playback?
3) dnla streaming from Nas?

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back