The New HIBY R3 II is here. 4.4MM Jack; Improved Sound and Bluetooth.
Nov 21, 2018 at 10:32 AM Post #4,728 of 6,874
Forwarded from their Facebook page: You can have a try.

【R3 URGENT FIX】

We fixed the bug on firmware 2.0 that when playing cue files, switching to the next track will cause the buttons become invalid. Please get OTA update to 2.01 asap.

You can also download the international version firmware to manually update here: https://1drv.ms/f/s!AtuiwfIBRYFEgcFcnagqqGZVWpGbFA.

The simulator for the custom theme function on firmware 2.01: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnF9EM1zLHWfgUUG_-WyeHMPMbmx.

Updated this morning. Freezing doesn't happen when scrolling through a playlist, but that still hasn't fixed not being able to scroll past songs that begin with "Wi..." in the all music section.

I emailed Hiby about it with a video.

Nov 22, 2018 at 2:37 AM Post #4,730 of 6,874
I think the issue is some Tidal MQA tracks aren't fully approved by the artist/producer or copyright holder. For example on my Mytek Liberty a lot of MQA content is detected and comes up with a green light indicator. However, some tracks come up with a blue light and that means they are fully approved. I'll check a little later if this matches-up with the same Tidal tracks on the R3.

Actually, R3 can't play MQA songs online in TIDAL. it needs a special permission.
And that is my point exactly!!!

Haha, it is said hiby will add the DLNA controller function in future...I'll keep track of it.

Nov 22, 2018 at 5:42 AM Post #4,734 of 6,874
R3 2.01 playing "Athamed" TIDAL MQA's prefectly :wink:
No it's not. I have two files of a same song , one Tidal rip, another bought from HD tracks. Tidal rip song showing as 24 bit 48 khz in both Foobar and R3. Yet R3 showing it as MQA and lightup green light. I hooked up R3 while playing song with topping D50 and it showing 24 bit 48 k signal receiving. Same song while playing through tidal desktop app it unfolding to 24 bit 96 khz. And with Audioquest dragonfly its 24 bit 192 khz. R3 decoding the same one I bought as 24 bit 192 khz without any problem. So moral of the story is r3 recognising tidal rip mqa files but can't unfold them totally. Good news is R3 in Tidal online playing MQA files but not all.

Nov 22, 2018 at 7:24 AM Post #4,736 of 6,874
Still trying to decide on a dap, this or possibly shanling M0

Am I correct in thinking...

Both do gapless perfectly
Both do bi-directional Bluetooth perfectly
Can stream Spotify from phone to either

The R3 has WiFi, albeit a bit hit or miss with what it can do? I understand there are issues in streaming from a nas at the moment. Are there plans to install Spotify or other aps at all like mix or SoundCloud??

Ta

Lastly, which one sounds best

Nov 22, 2018 at 11:33 AM Post #4,739 of 6,874
Hello! I needed to choose between a Fiio X3 MKiii, a Cayin N3 and this HiBY R3 to be used as a music transport to a Modi 3 via coaxial. Does anyone have any preference or experience which could help me choose?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back