The New HIBY R3 II is here. 4.4MM Jack; Improved Sound and Bluetooth.
Nov 16, 2018 at 7:40 PM Post #4,687 of 6,862
I notice that there's no mention of real DLNA to be implemented (I was told a couple of months ago by Hiby that they would cater for this in a future update).

Has this already been resolved? i.e. is the R3 now able to connect to a server without the need for a smartphone/3rd party device?

I think it is great that @HiByMusic have addressed a number of issues (LDAC & Tidal) in the last couple of firmware updates and up until now the help from @Joe Bloggs has been appreciated. I thought I would go back and find the original list (I think it was by @Vimtoman) and post it again below with a couple of notes and hopefully @fanoble can take a look at this and see if some of these items can be worked on by the development team at HiBy...

1. Option to turn off top and bottom swipe features (the new theme turns off the top but not the bottom)
2. When resuming to last track played from shutdown, swiping back goes to that particular songs album list rather than the root of all files list
3. When choosing a track to play to go to the full play screen rather than stay in the list
4. LDAC (now working)
5. Fix character formatting etc created with external playlist
6. Upload folder on wifi
7. Quick search in playlist. General search function?
8. Resume from previous song/position after shutdown/charging. Buggy in shutdown/charging cycle
9. Ability to delete folders in the files menu whose name contains an apostrophe
10. Normal keyboard if possible. I used to have a kickstarter Omate smartwatch with a tiny 1x display with a full qwerty keyboard, this is far bigger and a full keyboard can be easily added
11. Make the second menu bar (All-Files-Abums-Artists-Genres) 50% wider to make it easier to hit, also the list symbol (after opening "Genres") I keep having difficulties touching those menu items
12. Add a "neutral" digital signal processing option
13. Shuffle doesn't seem to be fixed on my unit yet, it sometimes keeps playing some songs much more often than others
14. Album-Artist view
15. Proper Manual
16. Mini samba server if possible
17. Back button hard to activate. Interfered with by drop down. See #1…
18. Embedded Lyrics to show. Info on how?
19. Odd stuttering when track list moved
20. Option to flip FWD REV buttons
21. Option to deactivate on screen volume control. Hiby has three options to control volume which really is too much. Buttons, GUI and swipe up
22. Sort out Hiby link crashing
23. A quick toggle to enable and disable MSEB, or an option added to the context menu on the now playing screen (there is already one for the normal equaliser)
24. A 'View Artist' option in the context menu on the now playing screen
25. The ability to start a radio station from an artist or track in Tidal, like is available on the platform natively
25. Audio book podcast facility
26. Shuffle mode to have resume track position
27. Option to have auto start track on power-up
28. Timer setting saved
29. Hiby Link on Android will only load 30 playlist from the R3 with no way to force a refresh/reload
30. Hiby Link on iOS cover art is pixelated
31. “Play Next” and “Add to Queue” feature (really want/need this feature!)
32. Option to have a "bit perfect" signal when using an external DAC/amp via USB[/QUOTE

Nov 16, 2018 at 7:49 PM Post #4,688 of 6,862
I've pretty much given up on asking Hiby to sort things out.

They sort of say yes we will look into that then don't bother.

They obviously cant be bothered replying here either.

Bye Bye Hiby for me. I've had enough.

Since purchasing the R3 September, I've successfully persuaded 2 people NOT to buy it. I was also planning on treating myself with an R6 as a stocking filler this Christmas - not going to happen!
Thats probably close to GBP £1000 in total Hiby are losing from sales due to my personal experience and feeling in having been intentionally misled by their advertising and promises.

Nov 16, 2018 at 11:42 PM Post #4,689 of 6,862
I notice that there's no mention of real DLNA to be implemented (I was told a couple of months ago by Hiby that they would cater for this in a future update).

Has this already been resolved? i.e. is the R3 now able to connect to a server without the need for a smartphone/3rd party device?

The last I read was your post mentioning that it was coming in a future update but currently it’s only a renderer, however I haven’t heard anything since.

Last edited:
Nov 16, 2018 at 11:50 PM Post #4,690 of 6,862
The most annoying thing for me is:
2. When resuming to last track played from shutdown, swiping back goes to that particular songs album list rather than the root of all files list

This gets old pretty fast, if I have set it to shuffle for am artist then swiping back goes to the root of all songs after a restart.

14. Album-Artist view
When making compilation albums with tags this would be much easier. Now its a mess when searching
See:

13. Shuffle doesn't seem to be fixed on my unit yet, it sometimes keeps playing some songs much more often than others
same here, strange with thousand of songs I get the same songs a lot.

Ive given up on the character issues.. at first there was huge issues, then I think they did some quick fix but the character set is still buggered if it contains some characters.

Fix the 20.000 limit.

I think it is great that @HiByMusic have addressed a number of issues (LDAC & Tidal) in the last couple of firmware updates and up until now the help from @Joe Bloggs has been appreciated. I thought I would go back and find the original list (I think it was by @Vimtoman) and post it again below with a couple of notes and hopefully @fanoble can take a look at this and see if some of these items can be worked on by the development team at HiBy...

1. Option to turn off top and bottom swipe features (the new theme turns off the top but not the bottom)
3. When choosing a track to play to go to the full play screen rather than stay in the list
4. LDAC (now working)
6. Upload folder on wifi
8. Resume from previous song/position after shutdown/charging. Buggy in shutdown/charging cycle
9. Ability to delete folders in the files menu whose name contains an apostrophe
10. Normal keyboard if possible. I used to have a kickstarter Omate smartwatch with a tiny 1x display with a full qwerty keyboard, this is far bigger and a full keyboard can be easily added
11. Make the second menu bar (All-Files-Abums-Artists-Genres) 50% wider to make it easier to hit, also the list symbol (after opening "Genres") I keep having difficulties touching those menu items
12. Add a "neutral" digital signal processing option
14. Album-Artist view
15. Proper Manual
16. Mini samba server if possible
17. Back button hard to activate. Interfered with by drop down. See #1…
18. Embedded Lyrics to show. Info on how?
19. Odd stuttering when track list moved
20. Option to flip FWD REV buttons
21. Option to deactivate on screen volume control. Hiby has three options to control volume which really is too much. Buttons, GUI and swipe up
22. Sort out Hiby link crashing
23. A quick toggle to enable and disable MSEB, or an option added to the context menu on the now playing screen (there is already one for the normal equaliser)
24. A 'View Artist' option in the context menu on the now playing screen
25. The ability to start a radio station from an artist or track in Tidal, like is available on the platform natively
25. Audio book podcast facility
26. Shuffle mode to have resume track position
27. Option to have auto start track on power-up
28. Timer setting saved
29. Hiby Link on Android will only load 30 playlist from the R3 with no way to force a refresh/reload
30. Hiby Link on iOS cover art is pixelated
31. “Play Next” and “Add to Queue” feature (really want/need this feature!)
32. Option to have a "bit perfect" signal when using an external DAC/amp via USB

Nov 17, 2018 at 7:06 AM Post #4,691 of 6,862
The most annoying thing for me is:

This gets old pretty fast, if I have set it to shuffle for am artist then swiping back goes to the root of all songs after a restart.

14. Album-Artist view
When making compilation albums with tags this would be much easier. Now its a mess when searching
See:

same here, strange with thousand of songs I get the same songs a lot.

Ive given up on the character issues.. at first there was huge issues, then I think they did some quick fix but the character set is still buggered if it contains some characters.

Fix the 20.000 limit.

This is what it does .

When resuming to last track played from shutdown, swiping back goes to the root of all files list rather than the particular songs album list.

This is what it should do.

When resuming to last track played from shutdown, swiping back goes to that particular songs album list.

It what all DAP's do .

They added a silly album list that you can select in the play screen menu.
That pops up the album list swiping from the right.

It also happens when using the shortcut on the main screen top right icon, Looks like a equaliser icon?

Lazy programming.

Anyway I had some faith when I started to communicate with them but it all went on deaf ears.
No Hiby reps.
Items sold . No feedback.
Yes they supply updates but on their terms.
You would expect some a user base and feedback system you have here as a gold mine of data.
Nope,

Last rant. Honest

Last edited:
Nov 18, 2018 at 3:14 AM Post #4,692 of 6,862
I have uploaded the files for the transport case to my Mojo-Hiby 3D printed cases.
Mojo-Hiby Transport box
IMG_8266.JPG

Nov 19, 2018 at 4:38 AM Post #4,693 of 6,862
R3 firmware 2.0 has been released. MQA is coming!!! :beyersmile:
Get OTA update right now!

What's new:
1. Added MQA support.
2. Added custom radio function to the playlist.**
3. Modified the custom theme English name to "Use custom theme".
4. Fixed the WiFi connection error when entering some special characters.
5. Fixed the random display disorder when sliding the several interfaces to the left and right.
6. Fixed several bugs of random restart.

For manually update, please download the firmware here:
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AtuiwfIBRYFEgcFdcBLPfdYXzRInSw.

** How to add custom radio, please refer to: https://1drv.ms/b/s!AnF9EM1zLHWfgURIhKVnlUwCBc68.

02.jpg

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Nov 19, 2018 at 4:55 AM Post #4,694 of 6,862

What's new:
1. Added MQA support.
5. Fixed the random display disorder when sliding the several interfaces to the left and right.

Большое спасибо!

However I tried 4 x to upgrade OTA and every time it timed out on "Checking current version" and "Unknown Error".
I rebooted the device, reconnected to the network but nothing helps.
I'll try again @home this evening. Maybe a port is used that is blocked.

Edit. Downloading it and updating from the SD card went fine.

Last edited:
Nov 19, 2018 at 4:59 AM Post #4,695 of 6,862

What's new:
1. Added MQA support.

For manually update, please download the firmware here:
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AtuiwfIBRYFEgcFdcBLPfdYXzRInSw.

** How to add custom radio, please refer to: https://1drv.ms/b/s!AnF9EM1zLHWfgURIhKVnlUwCBc68.

Its like a joke, MQA files not showing in the song list , nor the albums list. Only when playing its showing MQA studios. How can one identify his MQA songs from the list. Its not even showing the unfolded resolution, only green light..... what does it means ? And Tidal MQA not playing and the DAC is also not recognized as MQA enabled device in Audirvana.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back