The New HIBY R3 II is here. 4.4MM Jack; Improved Sound and Bluetooth.
Nov 6, 2018 at 10:35 PM Post #4,651 of 6,859
Other than software issues, my R3 headphone jack now got the loose connection. If something touches on the right side of the headphone jeck, it looses the Audio on the right side. To whom I need to contact and report this?

Nov 7, 2018 at 9:22 AM Post #4,653 of 6,859
Nov 8, 2018 at 7:58 PM Post #4,659 of 6,859
Sadly i wont be seeing MQA coz im getting rid of it. Nifty little player but not for me.

Nov 9, 2018 at 5:35 AM Post #4,662 of 6,859
Well i wanted it primarily as a transport with my Micro BL but after Fw 1.14 the usb out audio was pretty terrible. In as much as the volume of the signal was extremely low and made my crank up the volume of the BL way past i have ever tried. Still there was much to be desired. However on and before FW 1.14 the usb audio out was playing fine and i did enjoy it. Another reason for me to get rid of it was that i dont use Tidal much, thirdly i kinda had a love ~ hate relationship with the battery life. Lastly, i dont like how less communicative hiby team has become.

Nov 9, 2018 at 7:03 AM Post #4,664 of 6,859
Well i wanted it primarily as a transport with my Micro BL but after Fw 1.14 the usb out audio was pretty terrible
If you're using a USB-Coax cable with R3+Mijo, just replace it to the USB-USB cable because USB-Coax is not bit-perfect and actually NOT the usb out.

Last edited:
Nov 9, 2018 at 7:28 AM Post #4,665 of 6,859
Well i wanted it primarily as a transport with my Micro BL but after Fw 1.14 the usb out audio was pretty terrible. In as much as the volume of the signal was extremely low and made my crank up the volume of the BL way past i have ever tried. Still there was much to be desired. However on and before FW 1.14 the usb audio out was playing fine and i did enjoy it. Another reason for me to get rid of it was that i dont use Tidal much, thirdly i kinda had a love ~ hate relationship with the battery life. Lastly, i dont like how less communicative hiby team has become.
Yes after update the usb audio out is terrible. But i am using Fiio CL06 cable. Did you used other cable like Shanling L2? is the same thing happening ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back