The New HIBY R3 II is here. 4.4MM Jack; Improved Sound and Bluetooth.
Oct 28, 2018 at 10:01 PM Post #4,621 of 6,859
Just updated with the us firmware and my library scan now crashes when it hits 310 files counted. I've tried reflashing and formatting the card but still no go. Will now try to flash back to 1.15.
Ok reverting back to the older firmware seemed to fix it. Anyone replicate?

Oct 28, 2018 at 10:32 PM Post #4,622 of 6,859
Ok reverting back to the older firmware seemed to fix it. Anyone replicate?
Im glad its back to being alright. I haven't been able to get the new FW over OTA. Is this another FW like 1.14 which reported incorrect mSD card status.

Oct 28, 2018 at 10:59 PM Post #4,623 of 6,859
Im glad its back to being alright. I haven't been able to get the new FW over OTA. Is this another FW like 1.14 which reported incorrect mSD card status.
I think I'll also wait for the OTA but so far, 1.15 has been the best firmware for me since release.

Oct 28, 2018 at 11:00 PM Post #4,624 of 6,859
I think I'll also wait for the OTA but so far, 1.15 has been the best firmware for me since release.
Yes i have to agree with you on that. Let's wait for the OTA and see how it goes. I wish Hiby would be slightly more active on this thread. Wishful thinking :D

Oct 29, 2018 at 2:15 PM Post #4,629 of 6,859
No, Tidal errors are there. More than half of the albums I have in My Collection that I added from PC or Android app are giving "Tidal Error code: 2001: Entity not found."

And these are
Metallica - ... And justice for all
Metallica - ... Hardwired to self destruct
Eminem - The Marshall Mathers LP
Five Finger Death Punch - And justice for none

If you know these, they are monumental albums by very well known artists.

Now, as an example when I searched for 5FDP album "And Justice for none' album, R3 showed me 4 albums, 2 of them regular, 2 of them Deluxe. I added all four. The 2 Deluxe albumas allowed me to enter track list of album, but when I clicked on a track, I reveived the error "Tidal error code : 4007 The track is not available in Tidal."

Of the added 2 regular albums, only one of them is shown in My Collection, and it plays tracks without a problem. The second one is nowhere to be seen.

Now, these newly added albums show up under my Android Tidal app My Collection tab too - they are greyed out and when I click on them, I receive "Album is not suitable for real time playback"

When I click on these albums on my Windows Tidal app, I receive "Page not found. Something went wrong. The page you were looking for doesn't exist."

I have added all James Blunt that I was playing pproblem free on PC and Android again on R3, they play on R3 but on Windows it says "Page not found" for all of them.

So, in the past R3 programmer was not able to retrieve correct links for My Collection items that worked without problems on Windows PC and Android phone.

But I was adding an item on Windows and it was played correctly on Android and vice versa. Only R3 was not able to play them.

Now, on top of that, R3 programmer is able to retrieve a link only R3 can play at the cost of spamming and filling My Collection items with unplayable entries on Android and Windows.

I don't have enough English vocabulary to swear and curse to this level of incompetency.

For gods sake, either retrieve the correct links that work on android and pc, or find a way not filling android and pc collection with these spam links.

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2018 at 2:20 PM Post #4,630 of 6,859
No, Tidal errors are there. More than half of the albums I have in my Favorites that I added from PC or Android app are giving "Tidal Error code: 2001: Entity not found."

And these are
Metallica - ... And And justice for all
Metallica - ... Hardwired to self destruct
Eminem - The Marshall Mathers LP
Five Finger Death Punch - And justice for none

If you know these, they are monumental albums by very well known artists.

Now, as an example when I searched for 5FDP album "And Justice for none' album, R3 showed me 4 albums, 2 of them regular, 2of them Deluxe I added all four. The 2 Deluxe albumd allowed me to enter track list of album, but when I clicked on a track, I reveived the error "Tidal error code : 4007 The track is not available in Tidal"

Of the added 2 regular albums, only one of them is shown in My Collection, and it plays tracks without a problem. The second one is nowhere to be seen.

Now, these newly added albums show up under my Android Tidal app My Collection tab too - they are greyed out and when I click on them, I receive "Album is not suitable for real time playback"

When I click on these albums on my Windows Tidal app, I receive "Page not found. Something went wrong. The page you were looking for doesn't exist."

I have added all James Bkunt albums again on R3, they play on R3 but on Windows it says "Page not found"

So, in the past R3 programmer was not able to retrieve correct links for My Collection items that worked without problems on Windows PC and Android phone.

I was adding an item on Windows and it was played correctly on Android and vice vversa.Only R3 was not able to play them.

Now, on top of that, they are able to retrieve a link only they can play at the cost of spamming and filling My Collection items with unplayable entries on Android and Windows.

I don't have enough English vocabulary to swear and curse to this level of incompetency.

unable to play james blunt albums - to me this qualifies more as a feature than a bug :wink:

In all seriousness though, 2 things come to mind: 1) Check the release notes - i'm not sure the 2001 was one of the errors with Tidal they claim to have solved. (2) if the albums are not working properly on your Android App either, that seems to indicate a problem with the content on Tidal, not the R3 specifically. Have you tried from the desktop or web clients? have you tried to remove and re-add to your collection? etc?

Oct 29, 2018 at 2:25 PM Post #4,631 of 6,859
Of course I can play those contents on android and pc and I have added those albums as I wrote in my my message. I am not going to remove my working links hoping that the not working ones will start working once I remove the working ones.

unable to play james blunt albums - to me this qualifies more as a feature than a bug :wink:

In all seriousness though, 2 things come to mind: 1) Check the release notes - i'm not sure the 2001 was one of the errors with Tidal they claim to have solved. (2) if the albums are not working properly on your Android App either, that seems to indicate a problem with the content on Tidal, not the R3 specifically. Have you tried from the desktop or web clients? have you tried to remove and re-add to your collection? etc?

Oct 29, 2018 at 2:26 PM Post #4,632 of 6,859
I was more implying that you should target the non working ones to see if they work on other devices / clients. and if not, try removing and readding. Im wondering if its an issue with the Tidal content as opposed to Hiby's consumption of it over apis.

Oct 31, 2018 at 2:07 PM Post #4,635 of 6,859
I just received the Hiby R3 and updated it to the latest firmware.
The device is horribly laggy/slow (before or after the update makes no difference)

Can someone please tell me how I can play all songs from a specific genre or artist?
I can't find an option to play all.

EDIT : Found it.

I also found out the Fiio R3 has a 20.000 songs limit so large cards with 320 mp3's are a no no.
My Fiio M7 doesn't has this limit.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back