The New HIBY R3 II is here. 4.4MM Jack; Improved Sound and Bluetooth.
Oct 26, 2018 at 7:48 PM Post #4,606 of 6,859
thanks, but these are flac files I converted with ezcd and fre:ac, I checked and there is no protection. They play fine on android and pc etc. Did now test with some other m4a files, and they play fine. Not the ones I convert myself on the r3

Do the files play in their original FLAC format on the R3 (if they do you could try converting them with XLD)? I have found that as per above the DRM protected music from iTunes doesn’t play but as long as it’s DRM free those m4a files play for me on the R3. When I need to convert to other formats I use XLD and haven’t had any issues so far. YMMV.

Oct 26, 2018 at 9:19 PM Post #4,607 of 6,859
thanks, but these are flac files I converted with ezcd and fre:ac, I checked and there is no protection. They play fine on android and pc etc. Did now test with some other m4a files, and they play fine. Not the ones I convert myself on the r3

Oi, well then my answer was totally off! Hopefully it helps any other apple users w/old itunes music in the future.

Oct 27, 2018 at 1:27 PM Post #4,610 of 6,859
Do the files play in their original FLAC format on the R3 (if they do you could try converting them with XLD)? I have found that as per above the DRM protected music from iTunes doesn’t play but as long as it’s DRM free those m4a files play for me on the R3. When I need to convert to other formats I use XLD and haven’t had any issues so far. YMMV.

yes, the flacs play fine. so, probably just stick to mp3 for now for those files.

Oct 28, 2018 at 4:02 PM Post #4,614 of 6,859
Hi All.

Here is the new version v1.16 of stock firmware for HiBy R3: link
v1.16 features custom themes and MQA support.

There are three folder in archive:
en-us - for English (world) version of the player.
zh-cn - for Chinese devices.
en-cn - English (world) version for Chinese devices.

Enjoy.
Updated. Seems custom theme option is there but Not playing Tidal and offline MQA files.

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2018 at 5:12 PM Post #4,615 of 6,859
Hi All.

Here is the new version v1.16 of stock firmware for HiBy R3: link
v1.16 features custom themes and MQA support.

There are three folder in archive:
en-us - for English (world) version of the player.
zh-cn - for Chinese devices.
en-cn - English (world) version for Chinese devices.

Enjoy.
Thanks I don’t get errors with Tidal now
I don’t know about MQA there isn’t any thing indicates that Iam playing MQA file whether offline file or tidal playlists

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2018 at 9:23 PM Post #4,617 of 6,859
I wonder why OTA updated for 1.16 will start

Users who are viewing this thread

Back