The New HIBY R3 II is here. 4.4MM Jack; Improved Sound and Bluetooth.
Jun 28, 2018 at 11:32 PM Post #2,941 of 6,859
Ozric Tentacles FTW!

It seems @Joe Bloggs and @fanoble have done some magic and my R3 which was stuck at customs may start moving. :Fingers crossed:

Can’t wait till you get it my friend :) I don’t know how many hours I have on it now (maybe 60) but I swear the stage has widened and the treble sounds more lifelike- cymbals have more depth and are less splashy sounding. My balanced cable on my akt8ie has frayed on the left side and the SE cable looks like it could pull out of the stress relief at any moment- on the right side. :frowning2:

You would think 800 dollar iems would come with better cables. Are me and you the only ones that listen to Ozrick??? Lol

Last edited:
Jun 28, 2018 at 11:36 PM Post #2,942 of 6,859
Can’t wait till you get it my friend :) I don’t know how many hours I have on it now (maybe 60) but I swear the stage has widened and the treble sounds more lifelike- cymbals have more depth and are less splashy sounding. My balanced cable on my akt8ie has frayed on the left side and the SE cable looks like it could pull out of the stress relief at any moment- on the right side. :frowning2:

You would think 800 dollar iems would come with better cables. Are me and you the only ones that listen to Ozrick??? Lol
Good to know the stage is opening up and the treble is behaving itself now.

I hope we have other Ozric fans.. btw did you try some Tangerine Dream?

Jun 28, 2018 at 11:40 PM Post #2,943 of 6,859
I'm Backer #314, grey. I've a DHL express tracking ID and waiting since 8 days for an update...

3 days ago I was asked for my shipping adress. I wrote the same as I did 2 month ago at the shipping survey. Since then I have not heard from them. It seems like a total mess.

Jun 28, 2018 at 11:41 PM Post #2,944 of 6,859
Good to know the stage is opening up and the treble is behaving itself now.

I hope we have other Ozric fans.. btw did you try some Tangerine Dream?

No but I did try a tangerine flavored dreamsicle once :wink: No I will download some, I mean buy some cough, cough to check out. If I like them I will buy some cds

Jun 28, 2018 at 11:52 PM Post #2,946 of 6,859
Is anyone else having technical issues with the R3 ?
Mine is clearly defective, I followed every step Hiby told me to do but nothing worked.
Now Hiby suddenly stoped answering my emails. @Joe Bloggs can you tell me what can I do to solve this issue?

Try technical difficulties by Paul Gilbert

No seriously I’ve had no problems, what’s it doing? Joe Bloggs seems to be MIA lately.

Last edited:
Jun 28, 2018 at 11:59 PM Post #2,948 of 6,859
Try technical difficulties by Paul Gilbert

No seriously I’ve had no problems, what’s it doing?

:joy:

I have no bluetooth connectivity at all and none of the solutions given worked.

2gyaj2b.jpg

Jun 29, 2018 at 12:05 AM Post #2,950 of 6,859
Have you tried to update to the latest FW? Mine pairs up perfectly. I'll get a some shots later.

Jun 29, 2018 at 12:06 AM Post #2,952 of 6,859
Man that sucks, hopefully joe will pop in soon. I’m still hoping for LDAC.

LDAC would be nice. What I'm looking forward to is improved connection (currently sbc) between phone and hiby r3 when streaming Spotify to it via bt. Aptx HD would be nice enough.

Jun 29, 2018 at 12:11 AM Post #2,953 of 6,859
Have you tried to update to the latest FW? Mine pairs up perfectly. I'll get a some shots later.

Yeah I already tried that following instructions from Hiby and nothing happend, even discovered myself that if you hold volumeup and power it enters in some kind of forced firmware update mode, it gave me the oportunity to reinstall the last firmware.

Jun 29, 2018 at 12:18 AM Post #2,954 of 6,859

It sounds pretty damn good, better than my 700 dollar (the price when I bought it) ak70 as a matter of fact. Only the balanced out of the ZX300 sounds better to my ears. I like the sound better than all the daps in the same price range and better than Cayin n5ii and opus #1 although some of them had a slightly wider stage and more power output.

The ESS chips have really improved since the dx90. If you don’t have hard to drive cans you will love it. No hiss either, it has a very black background. I like the meatly/musical tone and it still has nice detail and layering.

I got my Shanling MO today and it was bricked as soon as I tried to use it. The touchscreen is unresponsive, and I’ve tried every reset but it just hangs on the now playing screen. Very cute and cool looking but nothing but a 100 dollar paperweight to me .

Pics flash and no flash ^^^

Nice, that’s great to hear really looking forward to getting:)

Didn’t realize the M0 was so tiny but seeing it next the R3 that’s pretty small it looks almost Lilliputian!
Bummer about the paperweight!
I was considering getting one:robot:

Jun 29, 2018 at 12:19 AM Post #2,955 of 6,859
Yeah I already tried that following instructions from Hiby and nothing happend, even discovered myself that if you hold volumeup and power it enters in some kind of forced firmware update mode, it gave me the oportunity to reinstall the last firmware.

I just tried mine and it paired with my Sony speaker and I have a bunch of options under Bluetooth including hiby link. I’m on the latest firmware.

If it makes you feel any better ( probably won’t ) I got my M0 today and it’s totally bricked so no R3 M0 comparison. Speaking of Sony, they always seem to have very stable firmware and their hardware is rock solid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back