The New HIBY R3 II is here. 4.4MM Jack; Improved Sound and Bluetooth.
Jun 28, 2018 at 4:58 PM Post #2,928 of 6,859
Lol yes I should of added by the grace of the great spirit, the guy upstairs, god or dumb luck I survived. Luckily the 2 in Florida (West Palm & Boca) I had adequate warning and went to the west coast. And the Virginia one I was a little tyke and it was very scary. Didn’t mean it to come off like - I survived 3 hurricanes!!!

:astonished:

Well I hope you took yourself out of harm’s way.

So where are you living now, still living in Hurricane Country or did you come to your senses & get on the Freeway Of Logic, Interstate:motorway:10 & head west onto California or points in between.?

Jun 28, 2018 at 5:00 PM Post #2,929 of 6,859
Ok people these r3's are being shipped. Evidently some customs issues caused the first notifications and then stalls. Mine was on a truck to me here today in Florida but I had to delay delivery a day as I was with my wife in the hospital. She's home now and well enough to sign for my new r3 tomorrow while I struggle for the legal tender. HAVE HOPE!

Jun 28, 2018 at 5:04 PM Post #2,931 of 6,859
Lol yes I should of added by the grace of the great spirit, the guy upstairs, god or dumb luck I survived. Luckily the 2 in Florida (West Palm & Boca) I had adequate warning and went to the west coast. And the Virginia one I was a little tyke and it was very scary. Didn’t mean it to come off like - I survived 3 hurricanes!!!

Ok peace out

So where are you living now, still living in Hurricane Country or did you come to your senses & get on the Freeway Of Logic, Interstate:motorway:10 & head west onto California or points in between.?

Jun 28, 2018 at 5:20 PM Post #2,932 of 6,859

No I got a case of extreme stupidity and moved back to O Hi O.

Jun 28, 2018 at 5:43 PM Post #2,935 of 6,859
No it’s actually not to bad today
No it’s actually not to bad today

Well that’s good as you well know better than I it can change on a dime there esp in the summer. [although I’m a bit of a weather but so follow the weather pretty closely everywhere esp here & there so I’m watching what goes on most days...]

Kegs of Ice Tea.!

So how’s the R3 sounding since you’ve had it for a while now...

Jun 28, 2018 at 6:28 PM Post #2,936 of 6,859
No it’s actually not to bad today.

Here’s a great debut lp for you to listen to in case you’ve not heard of them

One of my favourites, mid late 60’s fusion of blues jazz rock r&b etc. never tire of listening to this since it came out!

‘Killing Floor’ from ‘A Long Time Comin’ with an intro by you know who...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Electric_Flag

Jun 28, 2018 at 10:56 PM Post #2,938 of 6,859
I tried with USB and DAC mode, nothing happens. I updated the fw as well. I'm just gonna buy another usb c cable, hopefully hiby's gonna pay me back but I read they QC their cables before shipping. **** this.

I was using the R3 as a USB DAC with my laptop. It takes awhile to switch to DAC mode. Sometime I have to unplug and replug in the cable. Volume (100%) is softer using the R3 as USB DAC compared to using it as a portable media player.

Jun 28, 2018 at 11:09 PM Post #2,939 of 6,859
197ADEF1-28F5-408A-A55A-6D63C12F4534.jpeg
BDB1353C-4F92-4EB6-8D06-1260654C7F38.jpeg
Well that’s good as you well know better than I it can change on a dime there esp in the summer. [although I’m a bit of a weather but so follow the weather pretty closely everywhere esp here & there so I’m watching what goes on most days...]

Kegs of Ice Tea.!

So how’s the R3 sounding since you’ve had it for a while now...

It sounds pretty damn good, better than my 700 dollar (the price when I bought it) ak70 as a matter of fact. Only the balanced out of the ZX300 sounds better to my ears. I like the sound better than all the daps in the same price range and better than Cayin n5ii and opus #1 although some of them had a slightly wider stage and more power output.

The ESS chips have really improved since the dx90. If you don’t have hard to drive cans you will love it. No hiss either, it has a very black background. I like the meatly/musical tone and it still has nice detail and layering.

I got my Shanling MO today and it was bricked as soon as I tried to use it. The touchscreen is unresponsive, and I’ve tried every reset but it just hangs on the now playing screen. Very cute and cool looking but nothing but a 100 dollar paperweight to me .

Pics flash and no flash ^^^

Last edited:
Jun 28, 2018 at 11:25 PM Post #2,940 of 6,859

Users who are viewing this thread

Back